Minimum height for rides and attractions

hipmaman

<font color=red>Did the Southern California thing<
Hi,

We are thinking of doing WDW next spring when dd will be 4.5 yrs old and ds 3 yrs old. A friend of mine was saying that it might not be a good trip for us since there are minimum height for rides (42"). My dd is going to be just about that height then. Mind you, this friend has not been to DWD with her kids and she just came back from Ontario Place where her 18 month-old was not able to ride anything but the Ferris wheel there. So, I don't know and thought to ask you instead. Is this true about the minimum height at WDW?

I had thought WDW would be more than just rides, but am I unrealistic to think that 5 and 3 yrs old can enjoy WDW even if they can't do the majority of the rides? Also, will we just 'waste' our money for WDW when the kids are this age? Should we wait a little longer?

Thank you all for your help.

Hi there,
I have 3 boys, 7, 5, and 3. We ususally go to Florida every 2 yrs and do the parks. So yes, there is so much to do with your kids.
Lots of things to enjoy with them. We are staying onsite at All Star Movies at the end of this month.
Have fun in planning your trip!
Marilynn

This link should give you all the information you need.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/height.htm

We went in Oct. 98 when our son was only 1.5 years old and we had a great time. It forces you to look beyond the rides and at all the other things WDW has to offer - and there's a lot. We went again in Oct. 2000 and he was tall enough for Splash Mountain, Big Thunder - pretty much everything but Rock n' Roller Coaster. Which is not to say he enjoyed all of them, but he was tall enough.

My dd has been to WDW three times, when she was 4.5 years old, 7.5 years old and 8.5 years old. My ds has been twice, when he was 15 months old and 2.5 years old. All trips were worth every penny and every memory. I don't regret taking my kids to WDW at all. Saying that ~ we decided to wait a couple of years before returning. Since we've done WDW with diapers and strollers, we thought it would be nice to return when ds is well out of diapers and tall enough for Space Mountain. The next time we go to WDW my dd will be 11 or 12 years old ~ she is afraid she'll be too old ~ lol! I'm almost 39 and I'm still a little young for WDW! S

There are very few rides with a height requirement in the grand scheme of things. We were just there with my 6 yo DS and almost 2 yo DS. Aside from about 12 rides the 2 yo was able to do everything with us. We had a great time and are going again in Jan when the kids will be 6 1/2 and 2 1/2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter