(mini) games comments ...oh and i get fireworks now

twyla

Mouseketeer
I've been reading the comments on the games and thought I'd make a few myself.

First, you may remember how frustrated I was a few weeks ago when all the quests were fireworks challenges? PPl acted like I was crazy. There was just no way I could get that high. Well a new brighter monitor raised by score fifteen thousand points. A week later a new computer has me scoring over 200,000 and I've had two first place finishes today.

But I also feel better, knowing it wasn't just me. Machine performance plays a major part in these games. My machine rendered large documents in photoshop just fine, but couldn't give me the edge on these games. I know a lot of folks are in the same boat I was, but aren't able to replace their machine for a better score at fireworks.

I can also play pirates with a full crew and actually see stuff happen before the game is over! Very cool

With that in mind, i like the beach game, it's different than the other vmk games, and i like 4 in a row. However, ppl make a good point that it gets a bit repetitive after a while. Someone had a good suggestion of additional prizes pieces at different levels. Maybe first one at five and three more at ten, and something every level thereafter. Some incentive to keep going.

Haven't tried the arcade games with the new machine, it will be interesting to see if that works better.

Host games/events.
Gee, who can get in? The two times I've managed I got d/c (primal scream). It would be really really nice if you got a cookie when you do finally get it that will allow you back in place should you need to reconnect. Consider it a stop gap in the search for a d/c cure.

Quest by players: Okay here's a big wish. I wish you could open up the dictionary for ppl building quests. Cinderella should find her true love not her true glove. I wanted to make a quest, but I've spent too many years acquiring a rich vocabulary. I couldn't ask the questions I want, nor provide the answers. That's silly. I understand the whole censorship/protection but there has to be some work around. How about making a review process for quests that want to go outside the dictionary. Perhaps CLs could review! You could put additonal stipulations, add a lock to prevent editing after approved (or editing would reintialize review process). Require certain prize levels to qualify for review process. (or similar measure to prevent flood). This could really provide a richer experience, and vmk would still maintain a rigid control over what's left of the English language.

HM: I've noticed that HM isn't bouncing me since the upgrade although my opponent are being dribbled. (This just screams code change and QA checks). Looks like ppl aren't trying it anymore. If VMK manages to get this fixed a newletter announcement will be in order. (and maybe including it in a quest or two).

In general, I think vmk has a good mix of games. Different styles, skills, play styles (team , solo etc)

twyla said:
... I wish you could open up the dictionary for ppl building quests. Cinderella should find her true love not her true glove. I wanted to make a quest, but I've spent too many years acquiring a rich vocabulary. I couldn't ask the questions I want, nor provide the answers. That's silly. I understand the whole censorship/protection but there has to be some work around. How about making a review process for quests that want to go outside the dictionary. Perhaps CLs could review! You could put additonal stipulations, add a lock to prevent editing after approved (or editing would reintialize review process)....

I agree with many of the comments that you made through your post, but I wanted to address your concern with the dictionary limiting your ability to write quests. That is part of the challenge of writing a quest - to be able to do so within the vmk language.

Maybe "Cinderella can find her true prince." I understand your struggle to write questions and provide answers using your rich vocabulary - but that not all words in a rich vocabulary need a place in VMK.

I think that a CL_ review process could have SO many problems that it is frightful to imagine. I believe that you would not be able to elimated biased, personal "beliefs" of what's right / wrong, inconsistency, and no formal guideline. The dictionary - as frustrating as it can be - does have its purpose. Write quests within that dictionary is part of the challenge.

PamCo88 said:
what are /is the beach games?

The link is on the right side of the VMK homepage. I tried to bring the link here but can't seem copy it. :confused3

Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter