~*~ Mindyjoy's May 19 2012 Disneyland Wedding TR ~*~ Trip Report Has Begun!

I don't want to post the whole dress on here because I want to keep it a secret from my guests. I know it's difficult to judge based on a tiny picture. :headache: but I still wanted to share!

I love the 2nd and 3rd. But definitely agree with taking shots from far away to get the full effect. Even though I think I'm leaving towards the 3rd. ;D Just add in a bit of the sparkles.

Thanks for everyone's opinion on the tulle! I'm going to take everything to my seamstress in January and see what she thinks!

We had a busy wedding planning weekend!

On Thursday we met with a Day of Coordinator, Laura with Rebel Belle Weddings (http://rebelbelleweddings.com/). I found RBW on Offbeat Bride and fell in love with their philosophy and cute superhero-themed website. We need someone to set up all my DIY stuff and her package is kind of expensive but I agreed to give up my beloved vis-a-vis carriage :( because having an outside DOC is really important. So we met with Laura last Thursday and she is totally awesome! She said she read all through my blog and would be really excited to work at Disney (in fact, she has a travel fee for anywhere outside Los Angeles but said she would waive it because it's for Disney)! I showed her my fake flowers and told her all my ideas and she was really into it. Her package includes a meeting a couple months before to go over the timeline, the rehearsal, and two people for 12 hours on the day of the wedding. Her fee is $1250, which is more than I wanted to spend (I wanted to keep it under $1000) but we liked Laura so much and I'm so exhausted and bored by researching vendors that I'm willing to spend the extra money. Plus she said she would call and confirm with all the vendors a couple weeks before the wedding which is something she usually charges extra for, but she would throw it in for free for me. So long story short, we hired Laura and we are very excited to have her on board! :banana:

Yesterday we met with DJ Pat at the Grand. You may have heard him on the Inside Disney Weddings podcast (that is where I first heard of him, anyway). Since then I have talked with a couple past Disneyland brides who used him and he was highly recommended! :cool2: He seems really professional and basically said he would play whatever we want. We aren't really "hip" as to what's current. We are more classic rock people, haha. He said he would help us come up with some good songs to play. He also had his laptop and showed us how to use his website to enter songs, have guests make song requests, and set up a timeline. DF REALLY liked his website and it was nice to see him finally excited about something about the wedding. :rolleyes:

Next we found someone to let us in the ballroom so Pat could see the layout. Right away he walked around and pointed out where he could put uplights if we also went with his lighting package (which is MUCH cheaper than Disney's, BTW). Then he set up his "starry night" projection so we could see what it would look like.

IMG_1715.JPG

IMG_1714.JPG

I had seen pictures and videos of this but Tim hadn't, so when Pat turned it on DF went, "ooooohhh." Haha. Anyway, DF really liked the effect. The effect looks, well, more effective when the room is completely dark but we wanted some light so people weren't eating in the dark. Pat said he could turn on the effect just for dancing but I kinda want it on the whole time.

We need to look at our budget again but we really liked DJ Pat so I hope we can hire him! Plus like I said earlier I'm really exhausted and tired of researching vendors ... I am having some major wedding burnout. :sick:

FINALLY, a couple days ago I received the invitation samples I ordered from Cards and Pockets!

IMG_1718.JPG

Sorry the picture is kinda dark, didn't realize it until they were uploaded!

Any thoughts on the colors? The actual pocket I ordered in gold, but it's actually REALLY BRIGHT and I'm not a fan. Tim of course has no opinion. Which means I might go with a pink. :rotfl:

I love the starry night effect! That looks really cool. And it sounds like you found a good day of coordinator, I'm sure that will be a major stress reliever when you get to your wedding day so I'm sure it will be worth it!

I love the starry night effect. As to the pockets, I do like the gold, but I think the pink would look lovely with the salmon.

Corinna

Okay, I totally hear you about being wedding vendor burnt out. I am with florists. Blah.

I LOVE that starry night effect! Can I has it??

As far as the pocket invitation goes.. I'd go with the Amber possibly?? Or Salmon/Azalea. Then the matte for the invitation part do azalea if you go with amber pocket or amber if you go with a pink pocket. lol. ;D

We need to chat, badly, on fb! ASAP!

I love the starry night effect! That looks really cool. And it sounds like you found a good day of coordinator, I'm sure that will be a major stress reliever when you get to your wedding day so I'm sure it will be worth it!

Yes, thank you!

I love the starry night effect. As to the pockets, I do like the gold, but I think the pink would look lovely with the salmon.

Corinna

Thank you for your suggestions! I like the salmon, too.

Okay, I totally hear you about being wedding vendor burnt out. I am with florists. Blah.

I LOVE that starry night effect! Can I has it??

As far as the pocket invitation goes.. I'd go with the Amber possibly?? Or Salmon/Azalea. Then the matte for the invitation part do azalea if you go with amber pocket or amber if you go with a pink pocket. lol. ;D

We need to chat, badly, on fb! ASAP!

You can haz it if you come to california! :thumbsup2

I don't really have much of an update except to say, AHHHHHH, we are at the 6 month mark!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Tim and I have two weekends in a row with not much to do (including a 4 day weekend next week!) so we have a TON on our to-do list for the weekend, and whatever doesn't get done this week can be pushed to next week.

- Sign the agreement and make the deposit for the DOC and DJ.
- Go to Joann Fabrics - I have 2 60% coupons for today only!
- Go to Michaels - 25% off entire purchase coupon, want to buy totes for welcome bags.
- Dollar Tree for pots for my moss pots and possibly fake candles.
- Finish my last 4 moss pots.
- Make a million fabric flowers (DF volunteered to help!) :cheer2:
- Update the wedding budget and payment sheet
- Go over the invitation color samples and make a decision!
- Create a mock wedding invite (wording and design and such)
- Finish the newsletter
- Make and order our holiday cards to go along with said newsletter
- Book our hotel room!!!!!
- Write two blog posts for next week

Think I can get it all done this weekend? :faint:

Happy 6 months, Mindy!

You seem pretty prepared, so you should be fine. :thumbsup2 I have faith you can get it all done! :goodvibes

The starry night lighting is so cool! And happy to hear you booked a DOC...sounds like she'll be of some good help!

Ohmigosh, I love the starry night effect!

And congratulations on being 6 months out. :) Also, the Day of Coordinator sounds awesome.

If you can adopt me I'll move to California?? =] <3

So excited for you. I can't believe you're so close! I wanna convince Dave we need to visit his Uncle again for your wedding. lol.

Happy 6 months, Mindy!

You seem pretty prepared, so you should be fine. :thumbsup2 I have faith you can get it all done! :goodvibes

The starry night lighting is so cool! And happy to hear you booked a DOC...sounds like she'll be of some good help!

Haha, thanks! I'm glad someone has faith in me. :goodvibes

Ohmigosh, I love the starry night effect!

And congratulations on being 6 months out. :) Also, the Day of Coordinator sounds awesome.

Thank you!

If you can adopt me I'll move to California?? =] <3

So excited for you. I can't believe you're so close! I wanna convince Dave we need to visit his Uncle again for your wedding. lol.

Yes yes, come crash my wedding! lol

Whew! Finally caught up on your pj! Everything is looking great!
I LOVE the pink underneath your dress! It is going to look amazing!
The starry night lighting will look beautiful!
I love those little chocolate favors! So cute and what a good idea!
The topiary looks great, love the hidden mickey!!!
Everything is coming together for you ma'am! So excited to see more planning!

Whew! Finally caught up on your pj! Everything is looking great!
I LOVE the pink underneath your dress! It is going to look amazing!
The starry night lighting will look beautiful!
I love those little chocolate favors! So cute and what a good idea!
The topiary looks great, love the hidden mickey!!!
Everything is coming together for you ma'am! So excited to see more planning!

Thanks Kristi! I'm so happy you're back! :hug:

Wow, Last time I posted it was about being at the 6 month mark, and now we are at the 5 month mark! Time sure does fly! I'm sorry I have been a bad DisBride. :( There has been some slight drama regarding my bridal shower that I don't want really want to get into too much here, but it has been consuming a lot of my thoughts and time.

So what have we done in the last 30 days? Well, we did pay the DJ and DOC, so that's good. I have been procrastinating on sending in the deposit for the rehearsal dinner (Christmas makes paying invoices a bit tougher).

The most exciting thing is we are working with Disney Bride Wendy and Ever After Printables for our invites! She is amazing and came up with a great custom design for us which I am so totally in love with! I will post here when it's completed. We need to get them printed and assembled so we can mail out in February.

I have decided to get a bunch of fake candles and votive holders, so I have been collecting holders and spray painting them with frost spray, so you can't tell there are fake candles inside - lol! I am trying to collect enough to have at least 6 candles on each table (with real candles you are limited to 3 per table).

And I've been busy working on all my fake flowers and centerpieces.

I guess that's it for this update .... I will try to be back before Christmas to post about our Engageversary a couple weeks ago!

All good my love! We're allowed to slack for a little bit. I have and am! haha. <3 But we miss you terribly!

I hate bridesmaid drama, I feel your pain. I've been dealing with it as well. For the past 3 months. I'm numb to it now. haha.

I can't wait to see your invitations! I plan on using Wendy as well! ;D Cannot wait to see yours!!

And can't wait to see your centerpieces either! So crazy how close you are!!

All good my love! We're allowed to slack for a little bit. I have and am! haha. <3 But we miss you terribly!

I hate bridesmaid drama, I feel your pain. I've been dealing with it as well. For the past 3 months. I'm numb to it now. haha.

I can't wait to see your invitations! I plan on using Wendy as well! ;D Cannot wait to see yours!!

And can't wait to see your centerpieces either! So crazy how close you are!!

But that's why I didn't select bridesmaids, to avoid the drama .... yet somehow the drama has found me. Escape is futile!!!

Our invites are so great!!!! I can't wait to share them (after the wedding, so I don't get any stalkers).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter