• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Milk

SteveInBrooklyn

Ah, Florida! Beautiful weather, harsh penal system
Over the weekend I saw Milk, the biopic about Harvey Milk. If you haven't seen it yet, you must. There are some scenes so moving, that I can't get them out of my head. Sean Penn's performance is a true work of art. If there was any doubt left, this movie confirms that he is the best actor of his time. Has anybody else seen it?

It opens on ONE SCREEN in Central Flordia tomorrow. :mad:

We're going to try and make the trek to the cinema this weekend.

Rob,

Which screen? Shrek is dying to see it as he lived in SF during that time.

Rob,

Which screen? Shrek is dying to see it as he lived in SF during that time.

Really?

Scott was also living in the bay area at the time. (he grew up in San Jose and went to college at San Francisco State).

The only place that we can find that will be showing it is the Enzian in Maitland. Nothing close to us. :mad: :headache:

Ona similar yet unrelated note, I watched "Slumdog Millionaire" on Tuesday, and that is a fantastic movie as well. Milk is on my list for the weekend.

We saw the previews and I was moved!! We can't wait to see the movie!! I'm bringing LOTS of tissue!

The Enzian is a wonderful place to see a film. It is incredibly small though. I'd strongly recommend reserving seats/tickets.

That Theatre was the only place showing Brokeback Mountain "back then," too.

Gotta love that ignorance. :sad2: :mad:

The Enzian is a wonderful place to see a film. It is incredibly small though. I'd strongly recommend reserving seats/tickets.

We've never been there (or heard of it, for that matter). Just from looking at the website it looks pretty cool. We'll have to see about reserving tickets and having dinner/drinks there.

We try to at least attend the Gay Film Festival there each year. Couldn't make it this year though.

You will really enjoy it!! The seats we like best (it's a table with chairs) is on the second tier, directly in front of the stage. The first tier has couches... it's a unique setting.

The food is quite nice for a theatre. :yes: A fun place to have a snack or even dinner (not fancy...) while you enjoy the show.

We saw, "For the Bible Tells Me So..." there.

Go a bit early. Parking is a bit limited.

We saw "Milk" at the Enzian Theater in Maitland tonight. It was amazing. Both the film and the venue get a big thumbs up from us! Amazing movie, excellent food, and great service.

I saw Milk last weekend at the Castro Theater, which is maybe a 10 minute walk from home for me. Not only is the film awesome, but seeing it on Castro Street made it that much more so. :thumbsup2

I saw Milk last weekend at the Castro Theater, which is maybe a 10 minute walk from home for me. Not only is the film awesome, but seeing it on Castro Street made it that much more so. :thumbsup2

Show off!:snooty:

Well, now I don't feel so isolated since it most definitely wasn't showin' in Wacko, TX. :sad1:

Isn't the Enzian great!? The service really is outstanding for the venue, or anywhere really.

I'm really glad you got a chance to to. Maybe you'll be attending the Gay Film Festival next year!

Ooooh, on Castro Street? Who could resist that?

Not on the big screen in Waco, eh? :( Maybe you can see it in a different city? (That isn't forever away, I mean).

Isn't the Enzian great!? The service really is outstanding for the venue, or anywhere really.

I'm really glad you got a chance to to. Maybe you'll be attending the Gay Film Festival next year!

Ooooh, on Castro Street? Who could resist that?

Not on the big screen in Waco, eh? :( Maybe you can see it in a different city? (That isn't forever away, I mean).

LOL, I could fly off to the Enzian. pixiedust:

I know we have brought this movie up in various other threads, but it may be time for it's own thread!

Run! Dont walk to see this movie!

Sean Penn does a great job!

3/4 of the theater was sobbing at the end.

And if you are in the Orlando area, and plan on seeing it at the Enzion, I suggest getting tickets online and getting there 45 minutes before the show starts! The manager said every show has been sold out! The food is great at the Enzion by the way! Very nice bar outside to enjoy a cocktail before or after the show also! :thumbsup2

If you feel like you need to get involved in our current struggle, and are not sure what to do, this movie will energize you! I came away with more desire to fight than ever before!

If you feel like you need to get involved in our current struggle, and are not sure what to do, this movie will energize you! I came away with more desire to fight than ever before!

::yes::

Me too.

And I'm ready to go back and see it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter