Military Discount at Poly?

dznynerd

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever gotten a military discount at poly? I'm planning a trip in January and my girlfriend has a military card. She called Shades of Green and they told us 2 out of the 5 days we're staying are booked at military rates. Can we get bumped to Poly?

:Pinkbounc

Bumping. I'd like to know the answer to this question, too. If you CAN get the SoG discount at Poly like you can do at the Contemporary (while SoG is being renovated), do you just have to get lucky and hope that all the Contemporary rooms are booked? Or can you specifically request Poly?

dznynerd,

You can stay at the Polynesian on contract rates (if they have availability)--they won't be as good as staying at the Contemp. at SOG rates.
Currently, guests of SOG are being housed in the North Wing of the Contemp while the contruction goes on. SOG guests are being charged what they would have paid at SOG (based on rank) plus the 11% room tax. If you stay on SOG property, there is no room tax--so the rates are 11% higher...but still a fabulous rate!
If you elect to stay at the Polynesain and they have availability at contract rates--you can make a ressie through SOG. I have discovered that these rates vary from season to season and I estimate that they are about what you would get for an AP discount.
Hope that helps!
-DC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter