Military Community Thread

Hey Guys how is everybody today? Did anyone get to talk to their deployed loved one?

My soldiers (DS and DDIL) got moved into their new home near Ft. Meade, MD. The grandkids are on their way to see their new home with their other grandparents. Grandkids will be back with us this weekend.

Hi gramma, I read about the uhaul thing. Im so sorry. Your son and daughter in law are better than we are because I told my husband our next move would only be a ditty if he did it by hisself including the pack and unpacking while i sat and watched from a hotel room;)

I hope your family likes Ft Meade. I've heard good things about it.

DH is without email right now, but I am hoping to hear from him tomorrow, because it will be to tell me to come get him. :) (he has been gone nearly all of June). Just in time for the 4th and he actually DOESN'T have duty either!

Welcome to the board ClarabelleCowFan!

Don't worry about it Tina! I know how crazy busy you've been lately!

It's been great having him home the past couple of days. Tomorrow morning we're going to head to the Cape for the night at his family's house. That will be fun, it's so relaxing and low key there.

I realized that we're almost 1/4 of the way through!

I hope everyone has a great 4th and is able to hear from deployed loved ones soon!

Hey Guys how is everybody today? Did anyone get to talk to their deployed loved one?

I just got an email from DBF today...I usually get one every 4 or 5 days...today and tomorrow are his days off, so he was about to start dusting, lol. I miss him :(

Wow, Kelley, you really are a new wife. I hope you are liking the life. My DH always worries that he is not doing right by us being deployed and moving us around. I always tell him, "You were in when I married you, I signed on just like you did". Anyways, congratulations and hope you enjoy your military life.

I got to talk to my DH today. He is doing well. He got an email today asking what day he was thinking of coming home, so we are almost there. A little less than 40 days to go. I am exhausted, but that year really did go by quickly. We are fortunate that we get to talk twice a week normally.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Have a happy July 4th!

Keep safe.
Melissa

Hi gramma, I read about the uhaul thing. Im so sorry. Your son and daughter in law are better than we are because I told my husband our next move would only be a ditty if he did it by hisself including the pack and unpacking while i sat and watched from a hotel room;)

I hope your family likes Ft Meade. I've heard good things about it.

You are so right. It so much easier to let the Army send movers in and you sit back and watch. No need to bread your back if you do not have to. My DDIL is stationed at Ft. Meade. DS is stationed in DC.

Happy 4th of July!!!!

4th_of_july_fab3_0703.jpg

I borrowed this from a friend of mine on another thread. I thought it would be appropriate here too!

Have a great day celebrating what we are all fighting for!

Happy 4th of July!!!!

4th_of_july_fab3_0703.jpg

I borrowed this from a friend of mine on another thread. I thought it would be appropriate here too!

Have a great day celebrating what we are all fighting for!

That is cute and worth posting again. Happy Fourth!

We are on vacation in Colorado so I have not been on the pc much, but I wanted to stop by and wish everyone a Happy 4th of July!!!
Stay safe if you go out tonight!!!

Happy Fourth of July, Everyone!!

In 11 1/2 years of marriage this is the first year DH hasn't been with me on July 4th, he's missed every other holiday for some deployment or training but this one. It was a little sad, but we had a good time anyway.

Hi Everyone! Hope you all had a great 4th.

I just had to post this, my DH got a nice surprise yesterday. It was his flight info for the return trip home. Totally unexpected, he was expecting the letter stating when he would be leaving, didn't expect to get his flight info. As of right now, he will be home August 19. :banana: :banana:

Woohoo!!! How exciting, I'm so happy for you!

DF and I just got back from the Cape for a couple of days, it was so quiet and relaxing. It's great to be able to spend time together. I just realized today that we've been engaged for exactly 3 months! Wow! I can't believe he's already been gone that long...

HI everyone,

Hope you all had a good weekend.
I had a great time with DF, it was great to have him home for a whole week. We got a lot of stuff done.

I dropped him off at the airport a couple hours ago. He'll leave for Afghanistan sometime within the next week. I hate the funk I get in whenever I drop him off. At least the last couple of times I knew it would only be 3 weeks or so before I see him. I hate the pit at the bottom of my stomach.

*sighs* Sorry for the pity party.

Hope everyone and their loved ones are doing well.

Michelle princess:

Michelle, sorry to hear your DF is leaving. How long will he be gone?

I'm sending a hug!:grouphug:
Melissa

Thanks Melissa!

He's been in Kansas since April 9, but he's been home 3 times. He came home over Memorial Day weekend, then June 15 for a long weekend (the day after I finished school, so that worked out perfectly!) and then he had leave July 1-9. Now he's back in Kansas just waiting word on when they're actually leaving.

So he's already been gone for a while, but at least before (except for the first time I dropped him off) I knew when I'd see him again, now I have no idea.. just that it will be in a long long time. They're hoping to have them home Sometime in April. It's also a lot scarier this time knowing that he's going off to way, not just back to Kansas for training.

I talked to him a little bit ago, he landed and was going to stop for food with the others on their way back to the post. It was good to hear from him.

Michelle princess:

Michelle
You will be in my prayers as well as you DF. Don't get caught up watching to much news to find out what is going on where he is. I did that on my DS's first time in Iraq. Dr. advised that is not the best thing. On his second trip I took the Dr.'s advice and things went much better. It helps to assemble care packages and that is something you can start working on now. Good Luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter