Mike' Make Over Madness!

Alright Mike, you are my new WISH buddy, whether you like it or not!! :earboy2: I'm going to start my journal, and keep reading yours! You've got a great plan, I need to get busy and formulate a better one for myself. This is gonna be cool! :jumping2:

Hi! I just got through reading your journal and I just wanted to wish you luck. You can do this....just keep telling yourself that! This has to be one of the toughest things that I have done-losing weight. I have started and stopped so many times, but I am sticking to it this time. I am not giving up.

I know about the caffeine....I quit drinking soda about 6 years ago and I am so much happier now. Every once in a while I get a craving for something sweet to drink, but I stick to my water. You can do it!

Good luck :teeth:

toystoryduo said:
Work?!?!?!? Who needs work? :confused3 ;) I bet working on your trip report would be much more fun! :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

Now if only I could convince my boss that my trip report should be my top priority! hehehe

Thanks for the nice note Tracy! :goodvibes Hope you had a great day yourself!

Mike

Hi all!

Cam - I really like your metaphor, thanks for helping me put it in that perspective. It sounds like you have gone through a lot yourself and beat the caffeine "bug" so I know I can it myself! :flower:

Don - WISH buddies sounds good! I think we can all use that extra help when especially when the shine "getting started" wears off and you wanna dive face first into the swimming pool of cheesecake!!! I'll definitely check out your journal and I know you will formulate a plan for yourself now that you are dedicated. We gotta get rid of these "extra guys" we're carrying around! hehe

Eeyore25 - Thanks so much for the wish of luck and your supportive note! I hope that your doing good as well! :goodvibes

Mike :flower:

Hey, Mike! How was your day? Hopefully, you have found lots of reasons to pat yourself on the back.

Just wanted to pop in and say "hello" -- don't stay up too late and no late night snacking, mister!

keenercam said:
Hey, Mike! How was your day? Hopefully, you have found lots of reasons to pat yourself on the back.

Just wanted to pop in and say "hello" -- don't stay up too late and no late night snacking, mister!

Hey Cam!
Had a great day, still waiting on the rec center membership but that's okas I will have my parents pool to cool off in when I work up a sweat this weekend housesitting.

Do you have a camera in my apartment??? hehe You have me pegged when you made the comment about no late night snacking! My previous patterns have actually been to do most of my eating in the evening, even dinner! Something that really helped me the last time I tried to diet (and lost over 100lbs so I must have done somethings right, for a while at least!) was to end my "eating day" at 8pm, nothing but water after that.

Gonna head to bed early tonight so I can get in the office early-ish tomorrow to get my long delayed trip reporting done! :wizard:

Have a great one!
Mike

Looks like you are off to a good start so far on the caffine kick.

I don't know if Kennercam has a camera in your apartment, but I do know that the late night snacking has done alot of us in. Having a cut off time (mine is 7:30pm latest) is great and you will find that going to bed early (I know, it's late now :rolleyes1 ) will really help with the weight loss since you get the proper amount of sleep your body needs. It works for me anyway and now that my "travels" are over for a few weeks, I can get back to that.

Have a great day tomorrow. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Good morning, Mike!
Sooooo, did you go to bed last night without any additional snacking? I hope so.
What is your food plan for today? Something good (and lo-cal low fat, I hope! :))

When do you head to your family's house to housesit? Or will you just visit there, and use the pool when you want? How many laps are you going to do? Come on, mister, make a plan so we can all help you stick to it -- whether you want us to or not! ;)

Aren't you sorry you gave us all this information to bother you about? :)

Anyway, have a great day, WISH bud. Oh, yeah, and be sure to go over and harass Don when you get a chance. He seems to have a great plan and a wonderful sense of humor. This bunch is more fun every day.

Hi Mike! :wave2:

Is your trip report done yet? :rolleyes1 My trip to WDW isn't until December so I have to live vicariously through trip reports on the DIS. ;)

Hope you have a great day filled with healthy living! :flower:

Good Morning Mike!

So how did your day go yesterday? How is today going?

Someone else posted, I am sorry I can't remember who it was, about getting some Crystal Light. We were going to buy some and at least here in Denver it is really expensive. So we found an alternative. Walmart has their brand, Great Value, of Crystal Light. It is about half the price and it is not half bad. There is nothing in it as far as calories, fat, sugar that kind of stuff. I don't drink it much but I will have a glass every once in a while. Rare though. My DH loves it. This is just something else to think about as well.

How is the caffeine intake today?

Hope you have a great day!

Lesli54 said:
Looks like you are off to a good start so far on the caffine kick.

I don't know if Kennercam has a camera in your apartment, but I do know that the late night snacking has done alot of us in. Having a cut off time (mine is 7:30pm latest) is great and you will find that going to bed early (I know, it's late now :rolleyes1 ) will really help with the weight loss since you get the proper amount of sleep your body needs. It works for me anyway and now that my "travels" are over for a few weeks, I can get back to that.

Have a great day tomorrow. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Well I have not had one drop of Coke today and I feel ok, but my energy level is definitely down! I definitely need to start getting to bed earlier so that acually sleep and rest can replace the "buzz" of the caffeine and sugar!

Hope you are having a great day!!
Mike :sunny:

Hi Cam!

I did get to bed with no late night indulgence last night so that was good! Food plan for today focuses mostly on getting rid of the Coke. I would usually have had 3 or 4 by now, and have had nothing but water. I am psyched. :flower:

keenercam said:
When do you head to your family's house to housesit? Or will you just visit there, and use the pool when you want? How many laps are you going to do? Come on, mister, make a plan so we can all help you stick to it -- whether you want us to or not! ;)

I leave tomorrow late morning to go to their house. It is only 30min away but i figured why not take half a day off so I can enjoy the sun? Ok, I will make a commitment for my swimming this weekend... they have an above ground circular pool, pretty big. I will committ to walk/swim 50 laps a day for the weekend. So 150 by the time I leave Sunday. How does that sound?

keenercam said:
Aren't you sorry you gave us all this information to bother you about? :)
Anyway, have a great day, WISH bud. Oh, yeah, and be sure to go over and harass Don when you get a chance. He seems to have a great plan and a wonderful sense of humor. This bunch is more fun every day.

Not sorry at all, if anything I am amazed and honored by the support! :goodvibes I just dropped Don a note too, seems like he is on his way!

Mike pirate:

toystoryduo said:
Hi Mike! :wave2:

Is your trip report done yet? :rolleyes1 My trip to WDW isn't until December so I have to live vicariously through trip reports on the DIS. ;)

Hope you have a great day filled with healthy living! :flower:

Hi Tracy!
Hope you are having a good day! I finished Day 1 of my trip report and have been trying to post it for an hour but the message board keeps having an error. I will be trying again after I post here on my journal. Watch for it, it is exciting! hahaha

Edited To Add: After trying all day I finally got part one of my trip report to post!! Part two is in the works, I tend to be wordy! If anyone wants to read it, click here!

Good afternoon!! hehe

Yesterday was good, and today is better!
I have actually heard the Walmart variety is very good according to some of the women I work with. I think I will be sticking to water as I have an allergy to aspartame, and don't even want to try the new sweeteners. I will probably include the every so often regular lemonade/juice with my "Reward meal" in the language of the Carb Addicts Plan.
As far as caffeine goes, none so far today! Keep your toes crossed for me!

hehe!

eeyore25 said:
Good Morning Mike!

So how did your day go yesterday? How is today going?

Someone else posted, I am sorry I can't remember who it was, about getting some Crystal Light. We were going to buy some and at least here in Denver it is really expensive. So we found an alternative. Walmart has their brand, Great Value, of Crystal Light. It is about half the price and it is not half bad. There is nothing in it as far as calories, fat, sugar that kind of stuff. I don't drink it much but I will have a glass every once in a while. Rare though. My DH loves it. This is just something else to think about as well.

How is the caffeine intake today?

Hope you have a great day!

way to go on the coke today, you're doing better than me, but I AM cutting down :smooth: I need to swim, my kids always want me to take them. I have to make myself do laps tho, usually when i get in a pool (and the water leaves :earseek: ) I just want to relax and enjoy the weightlessnessessess... Hey, i didn't realize you were such a board vet, i'll have to go read some of your old posts, sounds like you're a real disney vet too. <jealous> I HAVE been to DL many times, living here in the west, so I shouldn't complain, but sometimes I still do, life's been good to me so far...

Oh, and i figured out when the banana gets tired, or at least gets paralyzed. Its when I'm using Firefox instead of IE. LOL
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Weird, the dancing dude below is immune to the firefox paralysis.

DisDon said:
way to go on the coke today, you're doing better than me, but I AM cutting down :smooth: I need to swim, my kids always want me to take them. I have to make myself do laps tho, usually when i get in a pool (and the water leaves :earseek: ) I just want to relax and enjoy the weightlessnessessess... Hey, i didn't realize you were such a board vet, i'll have to go read some of your old posts, sounds like you're a real disney vet too. <jealous> I HAVE been to DL many times, living here in the west, so I shouldn't complain, but sometimes I still do, life's been good to me so far...

Oh, and i figured out when the banana gets tired, or at least gets paralyzed. Its when I'm using Firefox instead of IE. LOL
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Don! You have discovered to key to stopping the onslaught of the marching bananas! If they ever decide to turn against us, we shall use this Firefox weapon to decimate their troops and claim victory!

The weightlessness is a pool is the best part, I agree. I usually dread getting out as gravity seems to return all at once! I go from being as light and large as a cloud to a round mound of heavy ground! The way I see it is, if I can do a little working out in the pool then I owe myself at least that same amount of time in the water drifting.

And hey, the love of the WDW is what brought us all here to the boards, whether we've been once, never, or 100 times. Once you touch the magic, as I am sure you have at DL, we're all pros! :cool1:

p.s. Complain away on here, that 's what we're here for, to listen!

have a great day!
Mike

I want a Coke, a nice cold coke, over ice, in a glass that is sweating... ohhhh the amber sweetness, the bubbles rising to the top, the carbonation that pops on your tongue making you anxious for the caramel cool that is to follow... hmmm.....

BUT!!!

I am not going to have one! The glass if ice water infront of me is cooler than any Coke could ever be, looking like a crystal ball instead of the muddied cola, in it I can see a better future, a clearer future where I feel better in my own skin and I drink because I thirst, not because I am tired, or hungry, or trying to get that buzz back... I feel better when the ice cool water passes my lips, it refreshes and I can almost feel my cells saying "That's what we're talking about!"

Mike :cool1:

I love the ice cold glass of water being a crystal ball into the future. That is great!

You can get past the cola. Just remember that it never really quenches the thirst, it just drags you back. Also, it's a vicious cycle of: tired? so drink the cola, now I have the buzz, but the sugar is making me tired, so drink the cola. Who really wins that match? Not the one you want.

Here is an added incentive. Trying putting the money that you would normally spend on the carbonated beverages in a jar for a couple of months or until you reach your goal. That savings will add up and you will be able to have some extra added fun in WDW (or somewhere else).

Have a great evening. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter