• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey's jammin jungle parade

Kim & James

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know where the best place to view Mickey's jammin jungle parade in AK is. Is there a 'best' place or is anywhere good?
Kim

Great question, Kim. I'm interested in hearing any views on this too. It's supposed to be the best of the 100 years parades and I'm determined to see it even though I hate all the argy bargy surrounding them.

....... loved this parade! I would advise keeping away from where paths converge and exits to major attractions. We stood opposite It's Tough To Be A Bug and it really wasn't the best place to be but we'd run out of time to go further down the parade route. (....... and boy was it HOT).
I would have chosen a spot just a little further down from where you cross the bridge to "Africa", somewhere opposite the "Creature Comforts" shop ( be careful as there is a spot reserved for w/chairs around there too).

This is a fab parade and definately worth making the effort to stick around for (or making a special trip to the park for)

Two suggestions. If you are an Annual Passholder...then you could go to the new AK Passholder lounge early on in the day where you can put your name down for a special Passholder viewing area...no need to stake your pitch so early on! (But I'm not sure where the pitch is - so don't know if it's good or not) - incidently, you can also reserve a place for the Lion King Show here as well so that you don't have to turn up so early as you've a special passholder seating area now.

If you're not a passholder then definately try get a pitch actually ON the bridge at Harambe. The reason this place is so good is that they only have viewing spots on one side of the bridge...this means that all the characters are focused on you and your side and aren't distracted by having to wave/entertain on the other side of the path. It was by far the most attention we've ever received from the people and characters in the parade when we were there...and most all of them will pose for photo's especially for you!

You don't have to find a pitch anywhere near as early as you would the MK parade. We found a spot on the bridge (which was still virtually empty) about 15 minutes before parade start - but that was December and it was out of season, but still.....

HTH

Penny :D

in the passporter, they suggested the path between asia and africa which is near the end of the parade route. We were there, and while it wasn't deserted, we got a good view and we only walked up a few minutes before. Again there were only people on one side and we got lots of attention - we were near a stand where birds do a show (not sure what the show is about, but a CM kept telling people that they would be sitting in bird poo if they stayed on the stand - they weren't too bothered and just kept standing there)

It's a good parade, and there are lots of 'real' people in it - I wonder how they get chosen?

bev

You beat me to it, Shirley.

I was going to suggest the same spot as you - you can sit alongside the wheelchair space and the view is imho quite amazing.

Pete

Brilliant, brilliant parade and the music is wonderful! Santana, Sergio Mendez and Osibisa were all inter mingled there I think :D

Such a fun parade and everyone looked to be having a fab time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter