Merry Christmas One and All! The Murphy's are LIVE from the GF and BC 12/18-12/26UPDATED WITH NYE

I'm so sorry to hear about the issues at Bonnet Creek, Erika. We booked a trip there for May because the rate that we got was cheaper than POP with the spring discount. Was it just the noise that was the main issue? Or were there other issues as well?

The villas are nice and large. Lots of space to stretch out and make yourself at home. The noise hopefully won't be as bad when you come. Ours could have been due to the holidays being so busy and crowded. We could hear every single word spoken, every cough, every toilet flush, furniture scraping over head, people's whirlpool tubs shaking our walls, just zero insulation above, below, or beside us. Luckily we had our high velocity fans and we ran them on high at night to help drowned out the noise. It did help a lot. The resort itself is a do-it-yourself place. Nobody ever answers the phone when you call the front desk. Nobody answers for information or pizza delivery. One day we went to get a new key because my mom's stopped working and had to wait in line 30 minutes. Front desk is horrible, really just zero help. The shuttle to the parks is apparently $8, no thanks! I never saw a housekeeper in our building. There were chicken bones in the hallway for days and I ended up picking them up. I don't think this place has an employee working anywhere. So just know you are coming to basically rent an apartment and take care of everything yourself. I'm sooooooo ready for Pop!!!

The villas are nice and large. Lots of space to stretch out and make yourself at home. The noise hopefully won't be as bad when you come. Ours could have been due to the holidays being so busy and crowded. We could hear every single word spoken, every cough, every toilet flush, furniture scraping over head, people's whirlpool tubs shaking our walls, just zero insulation above, below, or beside us. Luckily we had our high velocity fans and we ran them on high at night to help drowned out the noise. It did help a lot. The resort itself is a do-it-yourself place. Nobody ever answers the phone when you call the front desk. Nobody answers for information or pizza delivery. One day we went to get a new key because my mom's stopped working and had to wait in line 30 minutes. Front desk is horrible, really just zero help. The shuttle to the parks is apparently $8, no thanks! I never saw a housekeeper in our building. There were chicken bones in the hallway for days and I ended up picking them up. I don't think this place has an employee working anywhere. So just know you are coming to basically rent an apartment and take care of everything yourself. I'm sooooooo ready for Pop!!!

Thank you for sharing your experience with Bonnet Creek, Erika. I think it's always a good idea to hear the good and sometimes not-so-good about a resort, so that you can be prepared either way.

Looking forward to the rest of your trip report and your experience with POP! Enjoy the rest of your vacation! :wizard: Thanks again! :goodvibes

Thank you for sharing your experience with Bonnet Creek, Erika. I think it's always a good idea to hear the good and sometimes not-so-good about a resort, so that you can be prepared either way.

Looking forward to the rest of your trip report and your experience with POP! Enjoy the rest of your vacation! :wizard: Thanks again! :goodvibes

You'll enjoy it here I think. The space is really great. Very similar to the DVC 2 bedroom villa in size and layout. The kitchen is fully stocked. It's great to be able to do laundry! :) Just make sure you have a car!

Oh, one more tip! I learned this from the DISboards! ;) Don't answer the phone when it rings. It's the timeshare people. They call about 2-3 times a day but I never answer it.
Also when you arrive to check-in the timeshare people stand with clipboards praying off folks in line telling them to fill out a form for "pre-check". Don't fill it out. They'll just use it to spam your phones and home address. Luckily I already knew this so when he handed me the clipboard I just held it against my chest so he wouldn't see I didn't fill it out. ;)

I have been enjoying following along. Really enjoy your live reports. Thanks for the review regarding Bonnet Creek. I have often wondered about that resort. We are Disney on site deluxe resorts people, but I am trying to talk DH into a February trip and interested to hear about your Pop stay too. Welcome back to Disney property today!

You'll enjoy it here I think. The space is really great. Very similar to the DVC 2 bedroom villa in size and layout. The kitchen is fully stocked. It's great to be able to do laundry! :) Just make sure you have a car!

Thanks! Since our girls are teenagers now, some extra space can be a very good thing! ;)

We always drive to Florida, so we'll have our car with us. :car:

Oh, one more tip! I learned this from the DISboards! ;) Don't answer the phone when it rings. It's the timeshare people. They call about 2-3 times a day but I never answer it.
Also when you arrive to check-in the timeshare people stand with clipboards praying off folks in line telling them to fill out a form for "pre-check". Don't fill it out. They'll just use it to spam your phones and home address. Luckily I already knew this so when he handed me the clipboard I just held it against my chest so he wouldn't see I didn't fill it out. ;)

LOL! Thanks for the tip! We definitely don't want to do a sales presentation while we are there. We've been through a few in our many years going to Disney, and the last one was a doozy. We will definitely unplug the phone and avoid the clipboard!:thumbsup2 Thanks for your review and for all of your tips! I really appreciate it. :goodvibes

Yay!!!!!!!!!!! Happy birthday to your Mom!! And yay for adjoining rooms! Enjoy your day back onsite ;)

I'm here at the Studios in the rain. Rumor has it Osborne has been extended til 6th. If so I'm leaving! :rotfl:

Grabbed dinner at 50's Prime Time (Tune In Lounge) sooooo good :goodvibes

6FB25E18-C989-4D31-B8FD-A90DBEE2FB87_zpsjtofuxov.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter