Merging Studio and 1 bed into a 2bed lockoff?

I have a related question at VGF and Lock-Off’s. What if you book a 2br lockoff for a week (387pts, standard, season C), but want to drop the studio at say 90-60 days out? Will guest services be able to let you keep the 1BR and release the Studio for those on the waiting list?

My alternative would be to reserve a 1br and a studio (414pts) so I can easily drop the studio. The cost is 27 points for the option. I understand the issues described above that the connecting rooms are NOT guaranteed. I would think it’s rare not to have the request granted though.

Any thoughts from you long-timers? How do you guys reserve rooms when extended family members can’t commit until 90-60 days from a stay? Ideally I book the 2br lockoff with an option to drop the studio.
Several years ago I had a 2 br. lock off booked at AKV Jambo. My brother canceled a couple months out (after my banking deadline) so I called MS to remove his family’s names from the reservation, they offered to cancel the studio portion for me, I opted not to do that, but they did offer it as an option.

Several years ago I had a 2 br. lock off booked at AKV Jambo. My brother canceled a couple months out (after my banking deadline) so I called MS to remove his family’s names from the reservation, they offered to cancel the studio portion for me, I opted not to do that, but they did offer it as an option.
That’s good to know. It would save me 27 points while guaranteeing connecting rooms in my scenario. Sounds like others have examples of the CM saying they have to cancel the 2brlo and try to rebook 1Br. The ‘try’ part probably scares people into not doing it. Ha. I’ll play it safe for now.

That’s good to know. It would save me 27 points while guaranteeing connecting rooms in my scenario. Sounds like others have examples of the CM saying they have to cancel the 2brlo and try to rebook 1Br. The ‘try’ part probably scares people into not doing it. Ha. I’ll play it safe for now.

It happened to me three different trips and all the time go no and that is honestly what it should be because if they let people book it as a two bedroom and later just downgrade, it means those waiting on a 2 bedroom via waitlist have a much smaller chance!

Does anyone know if I book a studio and a 1 bedroom for the same night, if MS is able to combine them into a 2 bedroom lockoff?

I'm missing one night in the middle of a 2 bedroom boardwalk view stay, and right now, the 1 bedroom part of the lock off is available. I was picking up nights as the walkers dropped them, but missed this one day.
MS has done this for me. I was told by one person that it could not be done. Then like a month later I had to call MS to merge the rest of the reservation. I had like 3 nights in a 2 bedroom lock off, then one night with a studio and 1 bedroom, then like 2 nights in a 2 bedroom lock off— but it was mostly single reservations. When I called to merge what I could of the 2 bedroom lock offs, MS noticed the one night with the studio and 1 bedroom and OFFERED to turn it into a 2 bedroom lock off and combine the multiple reservation into a one reservation.

I think the problem you will have is that you need to get someone at MS who knows how to do it. Most of the people working there right now do not seem to have a deep knowledge of the system.

That is the exception. They aren't supposed to do that and don't unless you get a CM who isn't following policy (and is therefore risking their job when its discovered they don't know how to do it), so don't book with that possibility in mind because "you let a guy on the internet do it" is not going to be a winning argument. Play it safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter