• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Mega-Con? Mega People! Mom and Daughter travel again! 1/30-2/5, PTR info 4/26*

Love your DAK morning so far!
It really was a wonderful morning
Epic Dinosaur/Dinoland adventure to start things off -- wouldn't expect anything less from you!
:cheer2: :love:
Expedition Everest PP is so hit or miss, I feel like this is the ride where my family struggles to get photos back, too!
We haven’t had a PP from Everest in awhile! I did contact Disney and they added our GotG and 7DMT to my pictures. I was happy they could do that.
Love, love your trail photos and commentary on the animals! I haven't done the trails in a hot minute, I'll need to pencil them into my DAK itinerary for September!
The trails are one of my favorite times at AK! My goal is to walk these trails daily when I spend my winter’s in Florida!
I'm so happy you two were able to ride Dinosaur three times in a row! I know it's a beloved attraction for you all.
We were both really happy! It really is a favorite of both of ours! So many good memories
Evie loves Okapi and was very excited to hear there was a baby one that's began appearing "onstage." She asked if we could take a trip to see it. :rotfl:
While you weren't able to beat the FOP craziness, you two had a really productive DAK morning!
That is so cute! He or She not sure which was bigger than I thought!
We really did! Wow everyone heads to FoP!
Looking forward to see which place one out for lunch.
Coming up soon!

Nice to hve a planning evening together!
It really was especially since we had a short time at Disney!
Your room looks great. The remodel job on all the value rooms was really well done.
I really like the room and the price was really good
What???? That's really late!
I wasn’t sure if it was a one time thing or if this another area they are cutting back on, I hope not!
I love the gorilla area. I wonder what you two were doing next?
Same, the trails :love: One day we will be walking these together while we spend our winters in Florida!
I did know that's how you feel
I know I really hide my excitement of Dinosaur :rotfl:
I had no idea you could book ILL rides at different parks on the same day!!
Yes you can book two at different parks. 2 is the limit!
That's... weird. You'd think they'd have it 24/7
It was the first time I heard Bell Service was available until after 7am
Ugh. Nope.
Too bad, though. It's such a good ride. (Hence the line, I suppose.)
Yeah, we have ridden it so many times the wait was way too long! I guessed about an hour wait!
That's a good point. I hope to get back there some day... before it's gone.
I hope you get to ride Dino one more time or 2,3,4,5, etc…
Great shots x 3!
:thanks: I was glad we had the vehicle to ourselves for the first 2 rides
This is really good to know. I would hope that the other resorts would do the same thing,
That was the first time they let us leave the luggage and not be in the room. I guess if they don’t have bell service as early as it used to be. I’m fine with that!
No one goes to Dinoland first thing ;) It is fun to be in an area without people. I think it is odd that they filled your row with strangers instead of giving them their own row on your third ride.
I agree, we usually always go to Dino first because we usually have a fancy ride for FoP. I loved that we had the vehicle to ourselves the first 2 rides! At least everyone was posing! :rotfl:
You are lucky! We never see the tiger.
We have a couple really good experiences with seeing the tiger and hearing the tiger!
The baby Okapi is so cute. He is bigger than I expected him to be, though.
I thought so too He wanted to nurse and mom said no haha 😆
I love when it is empty enough to just keep riding...although that is happening less and less these days. And yay for it being Dinosaur. I do like the ride, I'm just not quite as convinced that it is the best ride ever. But that could be because I have some fluffy hips and I end up bruised each time I ride it.
That rarely happens at Disney anymore. I remember a few years in November when Andi was able to ride Everest and RnRc 10x in a row! It was crazy everything was a walk on! I have to sit a certain way to brace my back and support it on this ride, it is a rough one!

We had accomplished a great deal already this morning!

It was still only around 9:30 am or so. We decided on some PhotoPass pictures!
IMG_2024-02-17-085440.jpg
IMG_2024-02-17-085348.jpg
I knew Moana was meeting at the landing area across from Flame Tree BBQ.

The wait was 0! We were the only two waiting to meet Moana!
IMG_2024-02-17-085658.jpg
It was a really fun meet and greet. Moana was very talkative and told us all about her adventures. She told us about Hei Hei picking out rocks! I told her the adventures she has been on are some of my all time favorites. I told her to say hi to Maui!
IMG_2024-02-17-085551.jpg
Andi and I had met Moana years ago at DHS in One Man’s Dream, however, I can’t find those pictures!

She was wearing her warm clothes this morning! I didn’t think it was cold out at all. The beautiful sunshine was wonderful. It was probably in the 50s with bright sun and no wind.

Next, It was time for our ride on NRJ. The ride had not been open at early entry and we wondered if it would be up and running for our LL. We were happy it was back online.
IMG_2024-02-18-083709.jpg
I have noticed the days of getting a row to yourself are gone now. We were in a row with another 2 people. It was fine but I loved when we had a row to ourselves!

I really like this ride overall. It is relaxing with beautiful colors and a mix of screens and the best animatronic ever!

She was out in all her glory working perfectly yay!

It was about 1015 am and time to make another LL. I made a TSM for 1240 pm. Our priorities at DHS were TSM and ToT.

We decided to get in line for Nomad’s Lounge. We slowly walked out of Pandora and went to the lounge. The line only had 2 other people waiting ahead of us.

The lounge opened right at 10:30 and we were seated out on the patio. I love sitting out here close to the water.

We noticed the menu had changed since our last visit.

The drink menu was the same and I got my favorite

Leaping Lizard
IMG_2024-02-18-083951.jpg
Malibu Pineapple Rum and Leblon Cachaça with Orange, Passion Fruit, and Mango Juices

Andi had the Lamu Libation
IMG_2024-02-18-084246.jpg
Starr African Rum, Cruzan Banana Rum, and Guava Purée with Orange, Lime, and Pineapple Juices topped with Gosling's 151 Rum

We really enjoyed our drinks! Sipping drinks on a patio in AK, an absolute favorite ❤️ activity of mine.

We both tried new menu items. I had the Cuban Frita Sliders
IMG_2024-02-18-084038.jpg
Shoestring Potatoes, Spiced Ketchup, Yuca Fries, Sour Orange Mojo. These were really tasty. I believe it was pork as the meat? I’m not sure but I loved it

Andi had the Korean Barbecue Mushroom Bao Buns

Grilled Oyster Mushrooms, Cucumber Kimchi, Pickled Green Papaya (Plant-based). These little buns were delicious. The pickled papaya added such a burst of flavor!
IMG_2024-02-18-084149.jpg
We both loved our food today.

Two cavalcades came by as we were eating! The drummers and Russell and Dug.

IMG_2024-02-18-084452.jpg
Our time at Nomad would not be complete without the best churros in Disney World. These did not disappoint and my two favorite dipping sauces were back. Vanilla crema and the spicy strawberry 🍓 yay!

What a perfect early lunch! It was time to say goodbye to AK! :worried: We checked out a few of the shops before heading out. Our plan was to get a Lyft to DHS. Stay tuned for an afternoon in Hollywood! Is it a hit or miss??

IMG_2024-02-17-085440.jpg
That's a cool photopass. Haven't see that one before.
Not as popular, do you think? Or just not that busy in the morning?
Moana was very talkative and told us all about her adventures.
Sure, she's bored! :laughing:
I have noticed the days of getting a row to yourself are gone now. We were in a row with another 2 people.
Really? That's too bad. Did it feel cramped with 4 in that small boat?
She was out in all her glory working perfectly yay!
:thumbsup2
We really enjoyed our drinks!
Nope. Both rum drinks.

Andi had the Korean Barbecue Mushroom Bao Buns
Those sound interesting. Would try both.
Our time at Nomad would not be complete without the best churros in Disney World.
I have not forgotten this! Some day... :)

That's a cool photopass. Haven't see that one before.
I really liked it. I have seen ones like this in the WS in Epcot. I don’t know what it is about us but we rarely get magic shots anymore. I guess you have to ask?
Not as popular, do you think? Or just not that busy in the morning?
I think only the savvy know she is down that pathway and especially in the morning. It was a fun meet. We have met Pocahontas down there before!
Really? That's too bad. Did it feel cramped with 4 in that small boat?
It wasn’t bad but if someone is large it would be too crowded. I think if you have two in your party you should get a row to yourselves
Nope. Both rum drinks.
Do you like Gin? There is a good gin drink, Annapurna Zing
Those sound interesting. Would try both.
Both very delicious and different
I have not forgotten this! Some day...
You get those Churros @pkondz That is an order, 😅

We were the only two waiting to meet Moana!
Your pictures with Moana are cute. But they need to give her a better wig to wear. ;)
Leaping Lizard

Andi had the Lamu Libation
Both of these drinks look delicious. I think I would have a hard time picking which one I wanted. :)
Two cavalcades came by as we were eating! The drummers and Russell and Dug.
I'm really glad that they continued these cavalcades. They are fun to watch. :)

Glad to hear Navi was up and running when it was time for your LL. Yes, I do miss the days of getting a row to yourself. I luck out when I go with the kids, because we take up an entire row, but I'm sure in April, Alex and I will be squeezed in with others.

I wondered which eatery would win out on this morning. :laughing: I noticed the bao buns on the menu the other day and now I really, really want to make it to Nomad's!

Your travel day was a great start for your trip. It sounded very stress-free.

We'll be at Sports in April. The last time I stayed there it had not been updated yet. I'm looking forward to the improved room. You just can't beat the price there.

Lovely AK morning. So happy you got 3 rides on Dinosaur. Great ride photos too. I really like the animal trails but sometimes it hard to make time for them but it's worth it in the end. Nomads sounds like the perfect light early lunch. I still need to give it a try.

Looking forward to your DHS afternoon.

I had bought Genie+ this morning and booked NRJ for 0930 and booked Rise for 2-3pm and Guardians for 6-7pm.
Were you able to do all of that at 7AM or did you have to do it every two hours?
The CM, I spoke with, said Bell Service isn’t available until 0715, what??
That's crazy! Is it because it's a value resort, or just short staffing?
We didn’t get into the park until about 7:25am. We agreed to go and check out FoP and if it was really long, we would skip it this trip.
Sorry you had to skip it, but waiting three hours for a ride, nope.
Here we are enjoying the best ride ever x 3!
I can't believe you were the only ones on the ride and that you got to go three times around without going back through the queue.
The stand by line was only 10 minutes long at this time.
That's awesome!
We headed to the Maharajah trail next and had to wait a few minutes for it to open at 9:00am.
Wow! I didn't even realize that the trails didn't open when the rest of the park did.
Very cute pictures!
It was probably in the 50s with bright sun and no wind.
Yeah, but you have to understand that us folks who live within proximity of the US Disney parks, think that is close to freezing! :laughing: I don't think it's ever that cold here during the day time.
I really like this ride overall. It is relaxing with beautiful colors and a mix of screens and the best animatronic ever!
I've only been on it once. I hope to fix that this next trip.
We really enjoyed our drinks! Sipping drinks on a patio in AK, an absolute favorite ❤️ activity of mine.
One of my friends I met here sent me an Instagram reel which read "What my family/kids think I'm doing at Disney". And then it showed parades, and shopping. Then it said, "What I'm actually doing at Disney" and there was a series of drinks, all obviously from Disney's California Adventure and Trader Sam's. :laughing:

I like the sound of yours better. Then again I'm a hard core carnivore.

These came out cute!
I knew Moana was meeting at the landing area across from Flame Tree BBQ.

Lucky! I will have to try to get down there in the early morning too.
I have noticed the days of getting a row to yourself are gone now. We were in a row with another 2 people. It was fine but I loved when we had a row to ourselves!
Ugh...I hate being squished in!
We noticed the menu had changed since our last visit.

The drink menu was the same and I got my favorite

Leaping Lizard
I do like that drink.
Grilled Oyster Mushrooms, Cucumber Kimchi, Pickled Green Papaya (Plant-based). These little buns were delicious. The pickled papaya added such a burst of flavor!
Those sound delicious!
Our time at Nomad would not be complete without the best churros in Disney World. These did not disappoint and my two favorite dipping sauces were back. Vanilla crema and the spicy strawberry 🍓 yay!
I love those churros!!!

Your pictures with Moana are cute. But they need to give her a better wig to wear.
I was thinking the same thing during the meet and greet but she was so sweet I forgot about the wig!
Both of these drinks look delicious. I think I would have a hard time picking which one I wanted.
I really like both as well, the Leaping Lizard is slightly better in my opinion
I'm really glad that they continued these cavalcades. They are fun to watch. :)
Same, such fun! I feel so happy when I hear the music and see them coming
Glad to hear Navi was up and running when it was time for your LL. Yes, I do miss the days of getting a row to yourself. I luck out when I go with the kids, because we take up an entire row, but I'm sure in April, Alex and I will be squeezed in with others.
I really like the ride especially when we had a row to ourselves. Almost every time we ride Pirates we are in a row ourselves and those rows are longer!
I wondered which eatery would win out on this morning. :laughing: I noticed the bao buns on the menu the other day and now I really, really want to make it to Nomad's!
The food was really good 😊
I’ve had that and liked it.
I have as well except I am not a big ginger beer fan!
Your travel day was a great start for your trip. It sounded very stress-free.
It really was, traveling a little later in the day worked well!
We'll be at Sports in April. The last time I stayed there it had not been updated yet. I'm looking forward to the improved room. You just can't beat the price there.
The price is great and the rooms are very nice. I’m not sure about more than 2 people for a week but overall I really like the rooms
Lovely AK morning. So happy you got 3 rides on Dinosaur. Great ride photos too. I really like the animal trails but sometimes it hard to make time for them but it's worth it in the end. Nomads sounds like the perfect light early lunch. I still need to give it a try.
It was a wonderful morning and Dinosaur x 3 priceless :rotfl:
Looking forward to your DHS afternoon.
Coming up soon!
Were you able to do all of that at 7AM or did you have to do it every two hours?
Yes you can book your paid rides and pick one Genie+ selection all at 7am. So I had 3 rides booked at 7am
That's crazy! Is it because it's a value resort, or just short staffing?
I think it was short staffing But who knows :confused3
Sorry you had to skip it, but waiting three hours for a ride, nope.
No way would I wait even an hour!
I can't believe you were the only ones on the ride and that you got to go three times around without going back through the queue.
It was wonderful!
Very cute pictures!
Thank you!
Yeah, but you have to understand that us folks who live within proximity of the US Disney parks, think that is close to freezing! :laughing: I don't think it's ever that cold here during the day time.
I know and believe me even though I am from the north I hate being cold. I think the sun and no wind made it feel warmer than it was
I've only been on it once. I hope to fix that this next trip.
It is such a nice relaxing ride! The Shaman at the end is really a favorite of ours!
One of my friends I met here sent me an Instagram reel which read "What my family/kids think I'm doing at Disney". And then it showed parades, and shopping. Then it said, "What I'm actually doing at Disney" and there was a series of drinks, all obviously from Disney's California Adventure and Trader Sam's.
Hahaha 😆 this is the way to do Disney!
I like the sound of yours better. Then again I'm a hard core carnivore.
I was surprised how good the mushroom bao buns tasted but I liked mine more!

These came out cute!
:thanks: I wanted to try and get PhotoPass at least once in each park!
Lucky! I will have to try to get down there in the early morning too.
Yes, I know we just missed the short wait when we were there
Ugh...I hate being squished in!
Same, I loved how you said just the two of us when we went! Teacher Susan is fun to hang with! :rotfl:
I do like that drink.
It is my favorite there
Those sound delicious!
Everything was delicious
I love those churros!!!
I have to give the edge to these churros over Dahlias! Same for you?
And some self tanner!
haha 😂 it could be my editing, the lighting was off some and I tried to improve it but likely made all our skin look to pale!

Hollywood! Is it a hit or miss??

Wow have you all seen the crowds at Disney this past week? I know it was President’s Day week and it has been crazy busy! Andi and I used to travel this week every year for many years. It was her winter break. Back then the extra evening hours for resort guests (all guests) went until like 3am! Disney needs to bring that back to disperse the crowds some! I thought are mega people week was busy but it was nothing like the pictures I have been seeing from this past week!

On to DHS! We ordered a Lyft and the ride showed up pretty quick. The driver got a little turned around going into DHS and had to circle around, we eventually made it.

Our priorities were TSM, ToT, and Rise, anything else would be a bonus!

I had TSM and ToT booked on Genie and I had paid for Rise earlier in the morning.

We had some time to kill before TSM so we headed to Muppets! We love this silly show. The place was busy for the Muppets. The whole preshow area was full. We were way down in the front. There are some funny props down there.

We enjoyed the show. I mean who doesn’t love the Muppets? If you don’t like it, please don’t let me know, it would make me sad 😢
IMG_2024-02-24-181828.jpg
After the show, I was checking the MDE and Rise was down, oh no! We had to leave the park by 3:30 at the latest since our groceries were being delivered between 4-5pm. We had to be present because we got a 12 pack of Stella Artois.

It was time for TSM. Andi loves this ride. She would rather ride this than Slinky Dog. Andi had best in our vehicle and I got my normal 130,000 and ranked Beaver once again!
IMG_2024-02-24-181922.jpg
We decided to check out the Incredible area outside of TSL. Frozone was out with no line. It was fun to meet him.
IMG_2024-02-24-182051.jpg
We didn’t see Sully out. I love him! I wonder if he was on break. Mr. And Mrs. incredible had a longer line than Edna Mode so we went in to see her.

She loved Andi’s glasses 👓 They had to get a picture of just the two of them looking marvelous in glasses! 🤓
IMG_2024-02-24-182414.jpg
It was fun to see a few characters especially ones we haven’t seen in years!
IMG_2024-02-24-182206.jpg
We worked our way to Tower. The stand by line had dropped to 20 minutes, it had been 70 minutes earlier. I was thinking one of the elevators must have not been working and was now back online. We had a short wait and back row again for us. The first row is my favorite 🤩 The lady next to Andi was very nervous and Andi was afraid she was going to throw up 🤮 Thank goodness she did not! I really like this ride now! I was not a fan the first few times I rode it! It has grown on me! I keep my feet firmly planted and it doesn’t freak me out as much! As you can see, I even let go of the handle for the picture. 😂
IMG_2024-02-24-182310.jpg
We looked around the gift shop and I checked the MDE. Rise was still down. We talked about it and decided to nicely ask for a refund since we would not be back later on today.

We went to a guest service area to talk with the CM. She was very nice and refunded the cost of Rise without any issue. I didn’t even realize how much it was until I got the refund. $50.00 for the two of us, yikes! 😱 Rise is really expensive. I remember how many times we rode for free with the virtual queue in the past. We have never ridden this SB and I guess we have been on this attraction at least 20 times. I was glad to get the refund today.
I still think our afternoon was a hit despite having to miss Rise :flower:
It was around 3pm and we decided to head out. I had received the room ready text for POFQ. We were in building 2 on the second floor. This was no where near my requests, oh well not a big deal since it was just 2 nights.
IMG_2024-02-24-182843.jpg
We took a bus back to the resort. our room was facing the pool which was closed and under construction. The crew was jack hammering concrete when we arrived. It was loud. We worried some about the next day. We wanted to rest in the afternoon before the After Hours event.
IMG_2024-02-24-182555.jpg
Our grocery order came around 4:30. We put the few items away and called for our luggage. 🧳 Bell Service brought up our luggage pretty quickly yay!
IMG_2024-02-24-182752.jpg
IMG_2024-02-24-182652.jpg

We didn’t rest long before it was time to head to Epcot. Stay tuned for an evening with another unexpected hiccup!

Glad HS was a hit even without Rise. Love the photo of Andi and Edna looking fabulous with their glasses. Sounds like a fun meet.
I loved POFQ when we stayed there years ago especially the wee boat to DS. So handy. Hoping the construction noise doesn’t drive you bonkers and you actually get to rest up for the after hours event.
Waiting with bated breath on the “unexpected hiccup”. Hope it’s not a nasty one 🤞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter