Mega-Con? Mega People! Mom and Daughter travel again! 1/30-2/5, PTR info 4/26*

DH and I must have had a bad batch because we were not impressed by the beignets. My sister loves the beignets because they have gluten-free ones. She'll make a special trip to POFQ for them.
Oh no, the beignets are really good. I have had them many times and always really good! 😊
I love that boat. :) And the restaurant was really close to that dock. :)
I think the boat travel to DS is a great way to travel there!
Same here in the Chicago area. We've had a very warm winter with almost no snow. I actually miss it and wish we would get back to a more normal winter. Although the patch of warm weather was very nice.
Yes winter is here now for us. I hope it doesn’t last too long
The room looks really nice. You got lucky on the room switch. We are 50/50 on room switches. One time was fantastic and one time wasn't.
It is a really nice resort, close to the parks and the staff is very nice 😊
Andi, Andi, Andi - we ALWAYS get the ice cream unless we are trading ice cream for a yummy drink. Oh these young ones. We have so much to teach them.
I know! I thought I taught her better, haha 😆 She did fill her moonshine squeeze bottle this day so she did have a drink!
And sorry about the snow. I spoke with my parents in MN on Sunday and they were ready for the storm. It sounds like you all are getting a lot more than the Twin Cities Metro area. I think they got about 6 inches but then it turned to rain. So glad I moved to VA. Hang in there. Another Disney trip is coming!
Yes we are the winner, why do we always have to win this stupid one! All said and done at my house we got about 20” of snow. We had a brown Christmas and will have a very white Easter 🐣

These do look good!
Maybe because it was in the morning, these were so good perfect little powder sugary Mickeys!
I'm still sad that Wolfgang Puck closed but I would like to try Eet.
Same! We love this QS spot. Eet is good but I can see it not being the thing for the masses.
I'm so sorry. Definitely Spring/Summer here.
Oh just stop rubbing it in, haha 😆
This is what I want to know.
I think the bread service here was good and the naan was perfect, however, Sanaa has better and more dipping choices! Try the pimento cheese appetizer at Boathouse, delicious!
Thank you for the detailed review.
You are welcome! 🤗
Yeah you got your request! Looks like a lovely room.
I’m so glad I asked because we walked by the room we would have had in the evening and it was very loud in this area!

Mickey Beignets??? Hello!
Yummy way to wake up right!
It sure as heck would get me moving!
It worked perfectly showing her the little bag of goodness!
Another new spot I'd not heard of... and one I'd definitely try.
It opened a few months ago, very unique menu!
You got dumped on! We got snow too, but barely enough to cover the ground.
We sure did, all said and done we have 20” of new snow, a little late ugh 😩
Oh dear... Remember... it's spring!!!
White spring and Easter for us!
Really! Does she normally like very spicy? Now I'm even more curious.
She loves 🌶️ She always goes with the spicy food if it is a choice! She gets Diablo queso with extra jalapeños
Nice resort. Really like it there. :)
We love Universal resorts!
Yeah, I'd feel exactly the same.
It was very noisy, we went to check it out and wow we would have been really disappointed in the first room!
I can't get over how cheap Uni APs are. Especially compared to Disney's madness.
It really is!
Ugh!! It's been weird for us in Northwestern Illinois, too! We had 25 inches of snow in one week in January, followed by a week of below-zero temps ... and then nothing. It was in the upper 60s in February! I went on a 10-day cruise Caribbean with my daughter & came home to 30s & snow last week. It was literally 40 degrees warmer in February!! 🙄 Sigh. Be safe!!
Yes, I knew we would get dumped on sooner than later ugh 😣 I sure hope it is short lived!

We got... maybe 2". Must've been just on the edge of this system.
Lucky 🍀 This dumb system came from the west can’t blame Canada 🇨🇦 this time :rotfl:
The snow helps the Easter bunny hide.
🙈 very true The bunnies were sticking out like sore thumbs around here this winter! So weird to see, now they can hide!
That must've been really spicy, then! :eek:
Both her and Jack love spicy food. They don’t get that from their mom 👩

Andi and I are used to staying 8 nights at Disney so this quick 3 night trip in the bubble was definitely not enough.

I bet! I'm used to staying around 9-10 nights, so this upcoming 7 night (6 on Disney property) trip is going to be quick.

Our plan was DS for an early lunch at Eets. This is the new Indian inspired restaurant in the spot where the old Wolfgang Puck QS used to be.

I'm on the fence with this one, it's definitely Indian style food, but a little to casual street food for what I like. I'm not as into "bowls" as I am actual entrees and the like.

As a Minnesotan we always know we are going to pay for the nice weather and of course we are! It looks like December outside now.
Yikes, and I'm complaining that it's not tank top and capri weather yet. Usually that happens mid-February.
Spicy Green Chili Naan
That looks super spicy!
The bread service was very good but Sanaa is the winner 🥇
I like Sanaa's bread service, this one, there wasn't a lot of dips that sounded like I would really like them.
Andi liked hers but she even said it was really spicy 🌶️
And if she said it was spicy, it would have probably blown my head off!
I wanted to try ice cream from Salt and Straw after lunch, I got a scoop of the salted caramel and baked brownies.
Salt and Straw has delicious ice cream! And I love anything Salted Caramel.
I asked if there was an upper floor room in a quiet area available and yes there was! Yay! We got the same tower 5th floor way at the end of the hall.
Nice!
During Mardi Gras if there is a concert the lowest pass is blocked out and Saturday had a concert. It was only 75.00 to upgrade so worth it!

Totally makes sense!

I bet! I'm used to staying around 9-10 nights, so this upcoming 7 night (6 on Disney property) trip is going to be quick.
I miss our really long trips! Hopefully we can do more longer ones in the future!
I'm on the fence with this one, it's definitely Indian style food, but a little to casual street food for what I like. I'm not as into "bowls" as I am actual entrees and the like.
I would try it again maybe but not anything I would need to rush back to
Yikes, and I'm complaining that it's not tank top and capri weather yet. Usually that happens mid-February.
It was really nice here with no snow, I loved it, I am not happy with the look of winter now, ugh 😣
I like Sanaa's bread service, this one, there wasn't a lot of dips that sounded like I would really like them.
I agree, I only really loved the homey coriander dip, the naan bread was delicious
And if she said it was spicy, it would have probably blown my head off!
Same! I wouldn’t touch it!
Salt and Straw has delicious ice cream! And I love anything Salted Caramel.
This was my first time trying it and yummy why did I wait so long!

Getting wet in Seuss Landing!

Once we had Andi’s newly upgraded AP, it was time to head into IOA. We decided to take the boat over. Royal Pacific has a wonderful walking path and boat access to the parks.

The boats come often and you do the security screening before getting on the boat. The security is always quick and painless at the boat launch.

The boat showed up in no time and off we went to IOA.

I love this boat ride, it is relaxing, the captains are full of dad jokes, and the music is fun. “Sweet Caroline” ❤️

We walked over to the park from the boat launch. The park was busy! It actually looked like Fantasy Land at MK on a super busy day!
IMG_2024-03-25-175250.jpg
Our first stop was Spider-Man, we both love this attraction!

We had to wait around 15 minutes with the EP so not bad at all.

We went to Velocicoaster next and it was down! Poor Velocicoaster it had problems all weekend! Andi was a little bummed because she loves this wicked rollercoaster! 🎢
IMG_2024-03-25-174925.jpg
I brightened her spirits by suggesting rides in Seuss Landing, 😂

She actually really likes this area. We did the Seuss Trolley aka Universal’s people mover. :thumbsup2
IMG_2024-03-29-192110.jpg
We also rode the carousel and the weird Seuss characters were so uncomfortable 😳 to ride. One and done with that ride!
IMG_2024-03-29-191907.jpg
IMG_2024-03-29-191929.jpg
I talked Andi into riding One Fish, Two Fish, it is similar to Dumbo but water can squirt you if you don’t follow the directions. Guess who got wet? I did. Andi laughed so hard at me.

I was really wet on one side ugh 😩
IMG_2024-03-25-181049.jpg
We rode Cat and the Hat before heading out. I wanted to change my wet clothes before dinner.

We walked back to our resort, changed clothes, and headed back to City Walk.

I grabbed my jacket because it was getting colder this evening.

So what do you do when it is getting cold? Stop at Fat Tuesdays and have a frozen slushy drink!
IMG_2024-03-29-191952.jpg
We shared the Mango Daiquiri with the extra octane (alcohol) When one is with a person in their early 20s you always get the extra alcohol 🍷 :rotfl:

This was very tasty. We walked around some and headed to our dinner reservation at Antojitos! It was busy tonight. We waited about 10 minutes for a table out on the patio. They had the large standing heaters out so it was very comfortable on the patio.

The restaurant inside is incredibly noisy and really echos so we always try to sit outside.

We love this place. The drinks are delicious and the food is good! It is also one of the only Mexican restaurants that still give you chips and salsa without an up charge!

I got the watermelon margarita and Andi stuck with the Mango theme and got the Mango Margarita. The drinks were delicious.
IMG_2024-03-25-181252.jpg
We asked if we could get the queso without chorizo and yes, they make a plain queso, yay 😃 Andi loves queso.
IMG_2024-03-25-181358.jpg
We ordered this and also the burrito to share. The burrito is rice, pico de gallo, menonita cheese, topped with three chili queso sauces, guacamole and black beans, with chicken tinga.
IMG_2024-03-29-192014.jpg
Our waiter was very busy but he did a great job 👏

We had a wonderful meal and once again enjoyed our meal at Antojitos! I highly recommend this place. They also do a table side guacamole that is delicious. 😋

We headed back to our resort after dinner. It was around 10pm and time to relax 😌

Another fun day in the books!

Stay tuned for our first taste of Mardi Gras! Coming up soon.

Royal Pacific has a wonderful walking path and boat access to the parks.
::yes:: Such a great perk, staying there.
The boats come often and you do the security screening before getting on the boat. The security is always quick and painless at the boat launch.
Yes! And yet another great perk!
“Sweet Caroline” ❤️
:goodvibes
We went to Velocicoaster next and it was down! Poor Velocicoaster it had problems all weekend! Andi was a little bummed because she loves this wicked rollercoaster! 🎢
Too bad. Last time I was there, it didn't exist yet. Maybe some day...
I brightened her spirits by suggesting rides in Seuss Landing, 😂
:laughing: Practically the same!
We also rode the carousel and the weird Seuss characters were so uncomfortable 😳 to ride. One and done with that ride!
Thanks for the head's up. I've never ridden... and now feel like I don't need to.
I talked Andi into riding One Fish, Two Fish, it is similar to Dumbo but water can squirt you if you don’t follow the directions. Guess who got wet? I did. Andi laughed so hard at me.
:lmao:
So what do you do when it is getting cold? Stop at Fat Tuesdays and have a frozen slushy drink!
::yes::
Northerners know there's always time for a frozen slushy drink.
When one is with a person in their early 20s you always get the extra alcohol 🍷 :rotfl:
:laughing:
They had the large standing heaters out so it was very comfortable on the patio.
Nice. :)
It is also one of the only Mexican restaurants that still give you chips and salsa without an up charge!
Um... there are Mexican restaurants that don't do this??
I got the watermelon margarita and Andi stuck with the Mango theme and got the Mango Margarita. The drinks were delicious.
I'd have either of those. :thumbsup2
We ordered this and also the burrito to share. The burrito is rice, pico de gallo, menonita cheese, topped with three chili queso sauces, guacamole and black beans, with chicken tinga.
whoa...
That sounds... amazing!

I do like the sound of that spicy dish!!! I`m sometimes disappointed when waiters warn me something is spicy, and it really isn`t, but that did sound good.

The cocktails at Antojito`s look so good too, we don`t eat there, nothing against the place, simply because I can`t eat raw onion, beans, a lot of cheese or cilantro which makes up a lot of their dishes, but I`m tempted by the drinks now!! And glad you enjoyed Fat Tuesday`s with extra octane.....essential addition :rolleyes1

I love you`re staying at RP!!! Hope you had a really nice times staying there.

Once we had Andi’s newly upgraded AP, it was time to head into IOA. We decided to take the boat over. Royal Pacific has a wonderful walking path and boat access to the parks.

The boat showed up in no time and off we went to IOA.

I love this boat ride, it is relaxing, the captains are full of dad jokes, and the music is fun. “Sweet Caroline” ❤️
So fun!
She actually really likes this area. We did the Seuss Trolley aka Universal’s people mover. :thumbsup2
I would like that too.
Oh oh!
We had a wonderful meal and once again enjoyed our meal at Antojitos! I highly recommend this place. They also do a table side guacamole that is delicious. 😋
Sounds delicious!

I've only done the walking path. I'm not sure the boat could take scooters and Fran needed her scooter.
Our first stop was Spider-Man, we both love this attraction!

We had to wait around 15 minutes with the EP so not bad at all.
I really need to re-try some of these rides at Universal again, it's been a long time.....
She actually really likes this area.
I really like that area too!
Yes! I learned that about 15 or so years ago when I rode it last!
Sounds like a good idea!
When one is with a person in their early 20s you always get the extra alcohol 🍷 :rotfl:
When one is a person you always get the extra alcohol 🍷

There! I fixed it for you! :lmao:
The restaurant inside is incredibly noisy and really echos so we always try to sit outside.
I don't like places like that. I like the food at Jaleo, but I don't like the noise.
It is also one of the only Mexican restaurants that still give you chips and salsa without an up charge!
Come to California! They all do it here, otherwise people would go to all the other places that do it instead!
I'm a traditional gal, although I like mine as a Cadillac. (see, the extra alcohol! :rotfl2: )
We asked if we could get the queso without chorizo and yes, they make a plain queso, yay 😃 Andi loves queso.
I get why you did that, but I love it with Chorizo too!
The burrito is rice, pico de gallo, menonita cheese, topped with three chili queso sauces, guacamole and black beans, with chicken tinga.
You lost me at black beans......
They also do a table side guacamole that is delicious. 😋
That sounds yummy!
It was around 10pm and time to relax 😌
It would be "time to fall asleep as my head hit the pillow". I can't stay up late anymore at all.

Such a great perk, staying there.
It really is. RP is really close to Universal Studios so the walking path is a great choice. The boats are wonderful form of transportation as well. I have to say the last few times I stayed at Universal the boats were spot on, always there with minimal wait.
Too bad. Last time I was there, it didn't exist yet. Maybe some day...
From everything I hear Velocicoaster is an amazing thrill ride! You will have to check it out when you return! This is Andi’s favorite ride in all theme parks right now!
Thanks for the head's up. I've never ridden... and now feel like I don't need to.
It was awkward and not at all like riding a horse on a carousel. It hurt!
Northerners know there's always time for a frozen slushy drink.
Yes we do and honestly I think it was still in the middle 50’s outside so not cold really in my opinion
Um... there are Mexican restaurants that don't do this??
Mostly at Disney now. Our favorite one in Duluth still has chips and salsa without a cost.💲 Disney no!
whoa...
That sounds... amazing!
The food and drinks were great. I think this is our 4th time here!

I do like the sound of that spicy dish!!! I`m sometimes disappointed when waiters warn me something is spicy, and it really isn`t, but that did sound good.
Andi said it was truly spicy, not like Disney spicy which I can handle, :laughing:
The cocktails at Antojito`s look so good too, we don`t eat there, nothing against the place, simply because I can`t eat raw onion, beans, a lot of cheese or cilantro which makes up a lot of their dishes, but I`m tempted by the drinks now!! And glad you enjoyed Fat Tuesday`s with extra octane.....essential addition
Yes, I can understand why this would not be a choice for you! We have had solid food, salsa, and drinks here so it is a go to for us. I was so glad we had a reservation because they were turning people way it was very busy!
Fat Tuesday is almost always a stop for us as well!
I love you`re staying at RP!!! Hope you had a really nice times staying there.
It really was wonderful and you are not joking about the very nice and helpful staff! We loved it 😊

I think Universal was really smart to have boat service from their resorts to the park. It is a great way to travel.
I agree, the boats are wonderful and despite the crowded conditions we never waited long for a boat the whole stay!
I would like that too.
It is a cute ride, it is a train above Seuss landing and you get great views of the park and of course the narration is a Dr. Seuss rhyme!
IMG_2024-03-31-074524.jpg
Here is a view from up there 👆

Sounds delicious!
The food and drinks were very good! A fun spot to eat on City Walk
IMG_2024-03-31-074711.jpg
It was another fun day and another 30,000+ steps!

I have to say the last few times I stayed at Universal the boats were spot on, always there with minimal wait.
I've never waited long for a boat at Uni.
From everything I hear Velocicoaster is an amazing thrill ride! You will have to check it out when you return! This is Andi’s favorite ride in all theme parks right now!
I know it's her fave... one of the reasons I want to try it! :)
Yes we do and honestly I think it was still in the middle 50’s outside so not cold really in my opinion
Mid 50s? This time of year? That's practically a heat wave!

I've only done the walking path. I'm not sure the boat could take scooters and Fran needed her scooter.
Just in case you ever have a scooter they did take the scooter on the boat. It was up in the front of the boat!
I really need to re-try some of these rides at Universal again, it's been a long time.....
Spider-Man is a favorite of ours! It doesn’t get old even though it is an older attraction
I really like that area too!
We always make time to check out Seuss Landing and at Christmas season it is really fun to see all the decorations
Yes! I learned that about 15 or so years ago when I rode it last!
Ouch! I guess it is only made for 5 year olds. :rotfl:
When one is a person you always get the extra alcohol 🍷

There! I fixed it for you! :lmao:
Good one and very true! I is just funny how Andi always picks more alcohol when she knows mom is buying! :rotfl:
don't like places like that. I like the food at Jaleo, but I don't like the noise.
Same, we love Jaleo but very loud and same at Frontera Cocina
Come to California! They all do it here, otherwise people would go to all the other places that do it instead!
Nice! I mostly noticed the upcharge at Disney for any chips, salsa, bread etc now!
I'm a traditional gal, although I like mine as a Cadillac. (see, the extra alcohol! :rotfl2: )
They have the Cadillac at Antojitos!
You lost me at black beans......
The black beans were on the side in a little dish so not actually in the burrito
It would be "time to fall asleep as my head hit the pillow". I can't stay up late anymore at all.
That is me for the most part at home I usually go to sleep before 10pm but on vacation I am later. I pay for it when I get home, haha 😆

Just thinking of you...
I just had a flight plan come through... you've got a C17 Globemaster taking off from DLH in half an hour. Cool! Maybe you'll see/hear it.

1711890801661.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter