Medival Tournament review

Tasscrapper

I belive in dragons, unicorns, good men and other
We went to the Medival Tournament on Aug 28th and I thought I'd review it.

The show itself was ok and certainly had some good bits to it. In places it was very hard to understand what they were saying and so hard to follow the story. It was very easy to see that it was coreographed and I had a hard time buying the whole thing because of that. I know that it must be dangerous and you would need to be careful but with as often as they must perform I thought it would be a bit better. Our 'waiter' was good but I would have thought that adding an extra waiter per row would have helped tremendously. He first filled our mugs with Pepsi, then came and gave everyone a ladle of soup, then a slice of garlic toast followed by dragons meat (chicken, it was cute for it to be called dragon) and finally a half potato and rib. It was really drawn out and would have been nice to have the garlic toast with the soup and the potato at the same time the first meat came out. The serving wench who only did the alcohol drinks also brought the picture around and asked if we wanted to buy it for $20. They also had people walking up and down with light up swords ect. It just seemed very hodge podgey and distracting from the show. Dessert was a apple struesel or pie thing like what you can get at McDonalds although I think the ones at Mc Donalds are much better.

As you can tell I wasn't hugely impressed. It's very possible that a lot of that stemmed from the fact that after paying for Royalty tickets and showing up early like they request they take a picture of you with the king and send you into the waiting area where there was two bars, a little museum that costs $2 each and souveniers to buy. You could see the stalls where the horses were kept which was kind of cool and the rooms were decorated but really the only reason they wanted you there early is so you would spend more money there. My husband bought a 12 ounce diet Pepsi (Pepsi was the only soda they had, no other flavors at all) and it cost $3. :eek: I had gone with the full intention of getting a souvenier glass with a virgin frozen drink but was so totally put off by the fact that everything seemed to be aimed at making them a buck that I didn't. Now I realize that this is a buisness and they are into making money and I don't mind that. What I minded was feeling like they were absolutely there to milk everything they could out of us when we had actually come to have a good time.

I have only heard good reviews of this before and was really looking forward to it. I am quite a cheapskate to be honest but really thought this would be worth it. It is the one thing on our trip that wasn't as good as I thought it would be and the one thing that I thought cost to much for what you got. Half the time I was there I was thinking about Disneyland and what I could be doing there. :confused3

Now that I've written this all down it makes me wonder if anyone else has come away feeling the same way. I think that in general I am a fairly easy person to please but something about the whole experience was just not right. Out of 5 stars I would give it a 2. On the plus side I don't think there are any seats in the areana that are bad. I would suggest not getting royalty because it isn't needed unless you want the dvd (hubby watched it and said it was pretty lame) or the program. Not worth $10 extra bucks each in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter