Mears or Private Transportation for late night flight arrival?

CMA21

DisBride 2013
We have typically always used Sunshine Flyer or Mears in our past trips, however, this time we're arriving later than normal with our flight getting in around 10:30pm (we usually do the first thing in the morning flights). It'll be myself, my husband, and two daughters (5 yrs and 2.5 yrs). I'd prefer Mears due to cost, however, I've heard some stories that arriving late at night they may put us in a van vs the coach bus which I would not be comfortable doing without proper car seats (which we are not bringing with us). Does anyone have experience with taking Mears with late night flight arrivals and would we better off booking a private company?

(For reference - My parents will already be there and we'll be going to the Swan for the first night, and since the room is under my parents they will already be checked in and have our room ready - so once we get on property I'm not as worried about time to our room and everything).

Im not 100% certain but I believe Mears uses vans after 10pm since the amount of guests arriving are slim and buses are not necessary.

For this reason, I would personally go with a private service to ensure car seats will be available and used.

Im not 100% certain but I believe Mears uses vans after 10pm since the amount of guests arriving are slim and buses are not necessary.

For this reason, I would personally go with a private service to ensure car seats will be available and used.
Yes, that's what I'm afraid of - I certainly understand why seeing there probably isn't as many people at that hour, but just wouldn't work out well for us in this situation 😕

I concur that a car service would be your best alternative. You can book them one-way and use Mears for your return to MCO (assuming it is for an earlier time of day).

This was over a year ago, but my flight got in past 11pm and Mears still ran the bus. It did stop at another resort in addition to where I was headed.

Standard Mears Connect doesn’t guarantee a certain vehicle type any time of day. I’ve arrived late night and still was put on a bus. I’ve arrived at noon and been put on a van.

Car Service so you aren’t stressed about what kind of vehicle it will be.

We’ve had airport pickup reports even at normal times of day from people who were put in a van so you may want to book round trip with the service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter