• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MDE can't see friend's son's tickets?

MomtoGKC

DIS Veteran
I'm having some trouble with the Friends & Family section of MDE. There are two groups going - each one adult and one teenager. In the F&F list I can see all four of our names listed but in the Tickets & Passes section it does not show the friend's son's ticket. The other adult is having the same issue, he can't see my son's ticket. We obviously want all 4 linked so we can do the ILLs together.

I tried calling Disney but it was over a two hour wait time so I was hoping someone here might know what the problem is.

Thank you!

I don't think you have to worry about it. I can't see my husbands ticket, because he has his own profile. And I'm pretty sure when he logs into his account, he can't see the kids tickets because I manage their plans.

I was having the same concern with my DD's friend. She as linked and I could see her, but I was told by a CM that if they have their own account, you won't necessarily see their card or Magic Bands. (But I can see her ticket on my App.) But you can all plan together. This is what I was told, so hopefully they are right! lol

Thanks, I feel like it is pretty confusing so far. I sent the question by chat on the app, it took them 2 1/2 hours to get back to me and I was busy so after 20 minutes it timed out and I had to start over again.

I noticed when I click on the park reservation each day it lists just three of us, but when I click on the dining reservation it lists the four of us. Just worried our ILLs are going to get messed up at 7am and by the time we figure it out it will be too late.

Thanks, I feel like it is pretty confusing so far. I sent the question by chat on the app, it took them 2 1/2 hours to get back to me and I was busy so after 20 minutes it timed out and I had to start over again.

I noticed when I click on the park reservation each day it lists just three of us, but when I click on the dining reservation it lists the four of us. Just worried our ILLs are going to get messed up at 7am and by the time we figure it out it will be too late.

I'm thinking out loud here.

A) Do the teenagers have their own accounts or are they managed profiles?
B) If they are managed profiles, when you go into your teenager's profile and see ADULT FRIEND 1, can they see all plans or only plans they share?
C) If the teens have their own accounts, do they have the ADULT friends selected to see all plans or only plans they share?

I'm not sure this is the answer, but it's all i can think of.

Thank you! I think I figured it out. Neither of the kids had their own accounts but I sent them an invite to join the group. Once my son accepted my friend was able to see him. Now just waiting for the other one to accept and hopefully we will all be linked.

Sometimes it shows that no one in my family has a ticket. We all have APs. Then I'll check something later and it shows we do have tickets. Disney IT at its best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter