MCO to WDW

heresabe

Mouseketeer
I just noticed that there is a proposed Lynx city bus route btwn Orlando Int'l and Disney Springs, effective later in April. The Route # will be 311, replacing the current bus #111 which currently operates between the airport and Seaworld.
At this time, the Lynx website does not contain a timetable for the new route nor does it indicate when #111 will be discontinued.

Does anyone have more info?

Following although a heads up that IF it takes you to Disney Springs, luggage is not permitted on Disney buses so you would need to arrange for alternative transportation to your resort.
Thanks for the pointer. One can arrange for a Lyft pick-up @ DS. I just did a test search and was quoted $7.99 from DS to Pop Century via Lyft.

It is $40 in UberX from MCO to Pop Century. Unless you are a party of 1 then I would just budget for the Uber. Waiting on the bus that only runs every 30 minutes and makes 3 local stops before getting to Disney Springs and then having to still get an Uber sounds pretty awful.
You are right of course---for most circumstances, taking the bus to DS would not be the most feasible method. Don't forget to budget for the $7 airport rideshare pickup fee imposed by Orlando---it's the highest airport pickup fee in the USA.

The new Lynx Bus service 311 just started this week. The bus fare is $2 and you can simply pay at the bus fare box. If I were planning a short Saratoga Springs trip for DH/DW with just a carry on I might choose this. In the past, I have waited for an hour trying to get a car rental.

A significant improvement over the ancient Lynx travel route of going north from MCO (away from WDW) several miles to downtown Orlando and tranferring to another bus to backtrack south and finish up at Disney Springs.

And, per the schedule, the 311 bus operates twice per hour, in each direction, every day.
I'll add:
The service runs with departures from about 5am through 10pm,
and travel time is about 1 hour with just 5 stops including start and end. Slightly different schedule on Sundays but not a significant differences.

Remember Disney resort buses do not run the first few hours of the morning to/from resorts and you cannot take luggage on Disney buses, so you should probably do uber or Lyft from there. Unfortunately the rideshare points are at either end of Disney Springs, while the bus stop is in the center!

I'll add:

Remember Disney resort buses do not run the first few hours of the morning to/from resorts and you cannot take luggage on Disney buses, so you should probably do uber or Lyft from there. Unfortunately the rideshare points are at either end of Disney Springs, while the bus stop is in the center!
ParrotBill...while some Lynx buses stop at the Center of the Springs, all Lynx buses stop at the far west-end of the Springs. Rideshare vehicles share this westside space with Lynx- one should be able to pick up a rideshare within steps of the Lynx drop-off. From Uber.com: "When driving passengers to Disney Springs, please drop them off on the west side of the venue in loading zones 8 and 9 of the west side bus loop ..."

Many guests, who fly with Spirit, Frontier etc., fly with only a personal item. That shouldn't be an issue with Disney transportation. Many of those guests may appreciate Lynx pricing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter