MCO - BWV - how to book 4 incoming and 2 groups of 2 outgoing

Lora

DIS Veteran
Our group of 4 is arriving at MCO together, but we're flying out on separate days in 2s. I'd like to be able to book the group together on our arrival day and obviously separately on the way home. Anyone have suggestions to make that work best? I don't mind paying a little more if we can save a lot of time, but would prefer to not go too much higher for that convenience. We've done DME and Mears in the past. We've only used uber for grocery trips. Being a "planner" my preference is to know what our plan is and how much it will be in advance. I've read somewhere here that there's a board with trip prices once you arrive... not sure I'm up for that uncertainty, but willing to look into if it's a recommended option.

With 4 I’d do book a service or Mears bus if you want cheaper. Trying to fit 4 large suitcases and carryons in a rideshare can be dangerous. You’d be amazed what they consider an XL rideshare 🙄

For 2 just rideshare back, each group booking their own. There are plenty of drivers these days, no need to plan that ahead.

We’ve always just used a Lyft. Costs about $50 from MCO to most resorts. ( most recently we’ve gone to SSR and BWV and Kidani within the last year or so). We get a Lyft XL and it has always fit our family of 4 and 4 large suitcases and carry-on bags….. we go for 2 weeks at a time, so we are not light packers 🤣. We prefer to get straight to our resort instead of waiting on a bus to make other stops. You can request an XL in the app when you land at the airport and request your ride.
Then as others have said, on the way back you could still use Uber or Lyft, but no need for an XL.

We’ve always just used a Lyft. Costs about $50 from MCO to most resorts. ( most recently we’ve gone to SSR and BWV and Kidani within the last year or so). We get a Lyft XL and it has always fit our family of 4 and 4 large suitcases and carry-on bags….. we go for 2 weeks at a time, so we are not light packers 🤣
I too thought I had the XL situation nailed with my party of 4 adults all with large suitcases, carryons and personal items after multiple trips to FL. Alas the last two times we did that in FL we had to put a some carryons in our laps/at our feet the cars were so small. Turns out neither Lyft nor Uber require passenger + luggage capacity, just that the car fits 5-6 passengers comfortably. There are a surprising number of cars that technically fit 5-6 people by popping up a 3rd row in their tiny luggage area.

The last straw was the last ride when a carry on slid from the trunk area at the beginning of the ride and would have hit one of us in the head if I hadn’t noticed. I hard stopped the rideshare gambles at that point. 2 seperate cars or pre-arranged SUV/van.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter