"McDooonalds McDoooonalds, tuckyfriedchicken, and Pi Za Hut!"

Snoopymom

DIS Veteran
Yep, just back from the HRH too....can't get that darn song out of my head! Thanks Mr. DJ!

Y'all never told me that it's mandatory for all laid back parents between the ages of 36-48 with kids between the ages 6-13 to stay at the HRH, LOL. Can't describe it, but The Cars playing, dads downing Coronas, moms sipping neon blue drinks, shameless conversations about what not to order on the nachos because we're sleeping in one room, LOL....just extremely twilight zoney :teeth:

I'm jealous of Fan2cskr, our room wasn't ready until 5:30 and I got no apologies on the 3 times that I called, but I had heard from you guys that this is common, so I tried to stay in the "take it easy" mode.

It completely messed up my schedule for the day but we ended up killing time with the tour at the Hard Rock Cafe and it was so awesome, dh now thinks I'm a vacation planning Goddess, LOL.

Our excellent guide, Mark Hume I believe his name was, is the only person I've ever met as knowledgeable and as enthusiastic about rock-n-roll trivia / music history /guitar stuff as dh. I was almost afraid to do the tour because even if it was just a tad lame, dh would have surely embarrassed me by spewing details or pointing out inaccuracies, etc. It lasted about an hour and dh was truly impressed :thumbsup2

As for our standard room, there were a few light stains on the carpet that appeared to be permanent, but we had a gorgeous veiw of the gardens, and the bathroom was sparkling clean. We loved the atmosphere and the short walk to the parks, so we'll definitely stay again.

Had a fantastic time at the parks, We usually head back to our rental home around 2:00, but since we were staying on-site for the first time, I was a little disappointed that they closed so early.

As someone mentioned on the park board, the long wait through the lines to enter the parks made me crazy. One afternoon, we got behind what looked like an entire highschool.

Not complaining though, our MK day was absolutely exhausting, 70 minute wait for everything, got miserably stuffed at the Crystal Palace, had a "we were sitting there" family :rolleyes: during the parade, Stitch ride was not worth the wait, ds was excited to see Tinkerbelle fly during the fireworks since we always seem to have bad weather, and of course, perfect weather and no Tink...we clapped extra hard at the end of Shrek, LOL.

We ate at our usual places, Longhorn, Chevy's and Babalous. The Hard Rock Cafe was surprisingly really yummy and we had a delicious croissant sandwhich at the Croissant Moon one morning.

Besides the flat tire on the way down, the head colds we caught and the poison ivy I had, we had a wonderful time, LOL! I hate to admit it though, I think I'm theme parked out. I hardly took any pictures this time, and I think a week at the beach is what I'm going to plan next.

Thanks for all the great advice and let me know if you have any questions, and if you're interested in a 5 bedroom villa close to I-4 in Davenport, we stayed at a really nice inexpensive one.

:goodvibes

Glad you had a great trip! We too got no apologies when our room at the RPR wouldn't be ready till 4:30/5. They took our cell phone number and promised to call, but never did. Hmmppphhh.

ITA with you about Stitch's GE. I thought Alien Encounter was bad, but all they did was switch out the Alien for Stitch and add the smell of a chili burp. So disappointing to wait 45 minutes for that. :(

The HRC gets mixed reviews, but we have always enjoyed it. Glad you did too. :)

Welcome home!

Wow, I haven't heard about the rooms not being available so late. Sorry to hear about that. Maybe it's LoewsFirst guests taking advantage of the guaranteed 3-hour late check out?

Thanks. I didn't know about the Loew's check out. That makes sense. I signed up, but I booked through Universal's site and thought that I read here that to get the perks you have to book through Loews?

I guess they're not in any hurry, because they know you're at the parks, not waiting with all your unsightly pillows, coolers and stuff in their lobby, LOL. I also had only heard that this was a problem at the HRH, sorry it happened to you at the RP Jodie.

DS6 is a huge Stitch fan and I'm glad I told him what it would be like so he wasn't expecting anything warm and fuzzy. He liked it :) Plus, we spent the time in line chatting with a hillarious mother and daughter from Jersey...they had something negative but in a funny way to say about every ride and they were there to see Tony Orlando, LOL!

Also wanted to add in case anyone is a Jaws nerd like we are that they have a few really cool Jaws shirts in the back corner of the store across from the ride where they sell Hawaiian style stuff. One of the kid's shirts says, "we're going to need a bigger boat", my favorite line! :goodvibes

Thanks to both of you for your great reports!

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for sharing.

Minniespal said:
Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for sharing.

You're welcome, but I realize that it's not very helpful to any first timers. It was our 4th trip, so I didn't take the time to go into a lot of detail. Here's a report from our first trip that might help anyone staying off site or going with younger kids.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=838903

Also, I posted this on the Orlando Board to someone who was trying to decide on the Nick hotel, but I'll add it here too....

I think the Hard Rock hotel is a great adult/kid compromise. The pool had a dj with hoolahoop contests, air guitar contests with blow up guitars, songs for the kids to sing along with, a great outdoor bar/restaurant steps from the pool, under water music, zero entry, only 3 feet deep with a slide, and they have movies on a big screen at the pool on Friday nights. King Kong was playing the day we left : (

but the best part is that everything is classy and nice so you feel like it's your vacation too!

It's literally a 5 minute shady walk to the parks, and at the end of the sidewalk...boom, Dora, Curious George and Jimmy Neutron right there signing autographs, just awesome!

Front of the line, especially with small kids is priceless!

Hopes this helps!

(oh, and if anyone is interested, ds's adoption was final in March...that's probably about the time you all got sick of seeing him whenever anyone requested character photos, LOL, thanks for all the :goodvibes !!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter