MB Program

P

Pa@okw95

What is the MB Program that was mentioned by a few people when they purchased add on points?? Thank you!

Under Magical Beginnings, you buy points and Disney will buy (rent) back first year's points for $10 a point at VWL, $13 at HH or VB, and apply that amount to down payment. It applies to either new purchases or add-on's. For add-on's to use MB you need to buy at least 100 points at VWL or 50 at HH or VB.

How many people have been told you must decide during your visit or have you decided when you get home? We had a whole 24hrs to decide, but were way too busy to discuss it. Just curious.

I posted this on your other post, but thought i would put it here in case you missed it:

we didnt have to decide before we left on the MB. We thought it over once we got home.It was only $5/point buyback then. A week later, we called the
rep and then the new MB started with the $10/point buyback for VWL. A couple days later we said ok, and all the
docs just came in the mail with the MB offer as well. We are planning on sending the docs back this week.

thank you Disneyfun1. I did see your other answer, but I don't know if I thanked you. We were gone to WDW for 9 days and I have so much to catch up on!

Actually, the part you had to decide on imediately was not MB but had to do with the interest rate you would get for financing. You get a lower rate if you sign up while you are there doing the tour.

So if you decide while on the trip you get better financing? what is the savings the 8.9% to the 10.5% being discussed?

Mike

We were never told about the special interest rate, only MB while we were onsite. I'm still waiting on the reps call today.

We did the tour at HHI this past week. Magical Beginnings was available **only** during our stay.

The interest rate was 10.95% if we direct debited and 11.95% if we didn't. This rate was good for 30 days of consideration.

At VB and HHI, Magical Beginnings lowers the cost of your points by 17%! That's very good.

I find it hard to believe that MB is only during your stay as I was offered it on the phone by the DVC guide when she was talking about buying in before I go down to VB in Jan.

And others here have used MB in buying add-ons.

Mike

I can only verify what my sales person said. She told us we had to turn in the MB form before we left. She claimed to have worked for DVC for 7 years.

I'm surprised to hear that they routinely discount the points 17% (at VB and HH). Are they marking them up just to say you're getting a special deal?

You guys made me question my hearing so I called DH and he concurred.

I went through all the papers I brought home and found a hand-written example of a purchase that had been written out ahead of time and photocopied for each couple.

It included:

"on-site credit
Magical Beginnings"

The salesperson really did say it was only available on-site during our stay.

Call my guide, you are right Mom-to-3.

If you are not currently a DVC member, Magical Beginnings is only offered to you through a DVC tour. Current members will be able to use MB on any qualifying add-ons.

We were told we had to purchase during our stay as well for MB. What I don't understand is how this is considered "no pressure" tactics. We didn't have ANY time to discuss with each other. We weren't even planning on touring. I just happen to see the desk at POFQ and asked him about it. So, now they are willing to lose a deal because of it, especially with the economy going down and WDW cutting back everywhere ( I realize this is temporary)? Our rep hasn't called us back since I left the message on Sat. I guess I'm feeling it's just not the right thing to do right now. I always look at things "if it's meant to be, it'll happen". I guess it's just not meant to be. Our friends have belonged to DVC for many years and think it's great. However, he told me last night this probably isn't the best time to purchase due to the economy. We never know what could happen to our jobs. The recession is going to last a while, IMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter