May need to reschedule

airbear

Earning My Ears
Has anyone had to change your trip to a different week? I may have to do this because of hubbie's work. I have vacation protection plan but it does not cover rescheduling for business reasons. I called ABD and my trip is 55% full so they said the chances of cancellation on their end is unlikely. Would I lose the 600.00 deposit if I bumped the same trip back a week? This is aggravating but hopefully it'll work itself out. :scared1:

Has anyone had to change your trip to a different week? I may have to do this because of hubbie's work. I have vacation protection plan but it does not cover rescheduling for business reasons. I called ABD and my trip is 55% full so they said the chances of cancellation on their end is unlikely. Would I lose the 600.00 deposit if I bumped the same trip back a week? This is aggravating but hopefully it'll work itself out. :scared1:

I would just call and ask them. I haven't had to change dates, but I suspect they would be much more agreeable to changing dates than to a cancellation. If you had to cancel, you would lose $600, but ABD would lose the remaining balance that you would still pay if they allow you to reschedule. Rescheduling seems like a win-win to me.

Has it been more than 14 days since you signed up? You have 14 days to get a full refund of the deposit. If it's been more than 14 days, then, technically, according to ABD policy, changing the date is considered a cancellation, and you forfeit your deposit. Many of us are not real thrilled about that policy.

I'd ask hubby's work to pay the $600. If my work made me change a trip and lose money, I'd expect them to cover the loss (assuming they'd approved the previous vacation dates). But I realize not all employers are like that. (Although, I find, that when I bring up "So, I'll change my vacation if you guys pay all the penalties", they generally work it out so I can go.)

I hope this all works out for you!

ETA:I agree with Bobo912. Talk to ABD about it. They just might work with you, because a re-schedule *IS* better for them than a cancellation!

Sayhello

Thanks for the replies and yes I booked this trip in October so it's way past the 14 day mark. I will call ABD today and see if they'll work with me however hubbie just called and said that if it costs any money for us to reschedule then we are not rescheduling and his boss will work it out. That's great news cuz I already booked my airfare and I just found out that my trip is more than half full so it is most likely a go.

Thanks for the replies and yes I booked this trip in October so it's way past the 14 day mark. I will call ABD today and see if they'll work with me however hubbie just called and said that if it costs any money for us to reschedule then we are not rescheduling and his boss will work it out. That's great news cuz I already booked my airfare and I just found out that my trip is more than half full so it is most likely a go.
Well, changing the airfare is going to cost you regardless, because even if ABD agrees to wave their cancellation fee for the reschedule, they're not going to absorb the cost of the airfare change, since you're the one rescheduling, not them. Unless, of course, you've booked with Southwest, who allow you to change without fees. Most other airlines charge at least $150 per ticket to make changes.

Let us know what happens!

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter