may 23 4 day on Wonder

Tigergranny Thanks for the information. You are so organized. Your plan sounds great!! The last comment made me laugh. You know what they say about the best laid plans.....

There is so much information out there.I've looked at the Navigators for 4 day Wonder starting Feb 29, 2004 & printed several copies. I think I've read too much information to process it all. hehehe

I did give my 12 yr old grandson a print out of recent kids programs and asked him to highlight anything that he really would like to do. Never thought about limiting it to 3. I figured a lot of it would depend on the day & time.

I hope both grandsons want to be in the show whereby the particiipates get free tshirts. It sounds like a really cute program. The kids clubs also seem to have some fun things planned for on Castaway Cay.

I agree that the shows & dinner are nice times for the family to be together.
I like the term non-negotiable.

Again thanks for all you do & sharing with us.

I agree, I told the kids that I expected to have dinner and show as family time together, the rest of the time was up to them. Of course, I told them there were some things Mommy wants to do where kids can't go (wine tasting).

Currently we have 2nd dining (waitlisted for 1st). I'm hoping now that I don't get 1st dining but didn't know which I would like when I originally signed up. So maybe we'll get to share a table if you are in the 2nd. I've been reading my Passporter that I got the other week. It looks like my rotation will either start with Parrot Cay or Animator's. Looks like adults only start off with the Triton rotation. I don't know if my kids qualify as young or older kids. Aniticipation. I can't wait. The only reason I haven't packed yet is I don't want the clothes to get too wrinkled - plus I have to wear something in the next couple of weeks. I've planned on 4 pairs shorts, 3 capris (can wear to dinner also), 1 long pant outfits. I hope that will be enough - oh and 3 pair of shoes for me. Debating on packing skirt outfit - we don't have any semi-formal dinners.

Do you think capri's will be too underdressed for dinner?

We are doing pretty much the same as the rest of you: Our kids will eat dinner with us and see the show each night. They love to swim so I am sure they will hang out with us so they can go to the pools and swim at Castaway Cay. We are also going to the Straw Market in Nassau together.

I have not started packing but I know what outfits I will take. Greytlady, I think a nice capri outfit would be fine for dinner. I am bringing a dress for our dinner at Triton's because we want to get a nice picture taken of the four of us.

:bday: Today is my younger DD's sixth birthday!!! They grow up so FAST!!!!:(

Happy Birthday to your DD now 6...seastar!!!:flower1:

I am planning to wear capri's for dinner at least one night. Triton's will be something dressier. I hope that we still have 2nd seating for dinner. We'll see soon!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

From what I've read on these boards, it seems like a lot of people wear capris. I think that would be just fine. It seems they want you to dress up the most when at Trintons. I've packed a couple pair of black slacks, black sandles & 4 dressy tops for the dinners. We are bringing the spray that helps to get out wrinkles and if worst comes to worst, I guess I can always iron!

I know I'm going to eat a lot and gain weight so I'm making sure there's plenty of "stretch" in my shorts & slacks. Of course, it will be back to the diet when I get back home.

I read in a few places that it is "cold" in the dining rooms and theaters so I'm taking a sweater.

We have 1st dining (recommended by TA). It seems like there's advantages to both. I believe 1st dining is a little shorter which is great for small kids. What I fear is our 5 yr grandson going to sleep at dinner and not wanting to wake up for the shows. He loves to swim so we will probably spend a lot of time at the pools. We were going to get off at Nassau & shop but decided to stay on the ship and use our souvenier money on ship & Castaway Cay stuff.

This is my first Cruise and may be my last since I can't seem to talk my husband into going on one. Sooo we are leaving him behind this year!

Happy Birthday to Seastar's little DD!!:cheer2:

I also agree that I want the kids to eat and do the shows with us. I was checking on the navigator and it seems they have a sail-away party in the kids clubs' on Sunday at 8:30pm. I think it's lousy timing because I would think most folks would be eating and/or at their show during that time. I guess my kids will miss that.

I also like the idea of letting the kids choose 3 things they would like to do. I'll let my kids decide that way.

I know this sounds weird but I'm getting a tad depressed amidst all of the excitement because I can't believe it's so close now, (and then it's over!). Oh well, I guess I'll just have to start planning for another! LOL!!! :rotfl:

Happy Birthday to Seastar's DD/1:cake:

Greytlady, Last year when my DD12 ( 11 at the time) and I cruised together our dining rotation started and ended with Triton's and we had the late dining. We were excited to get the "fancy" restaurant twice in our rotation but in the end my DD decided that she liked Parrot Cay best. I loved EVERYTHING about the cruise! And, yes, capris are fine for dinner.

:sunny:

Seastar- happy birthday to your little one!

We have late seating for dinner. Our kids (4 and 6) stay up late, but I'm wondering if *eating* that late will be an issue. We may get them room service before the show and then take them to the kids club while we eat a peaceful dinner.

We're doing WDW the day before the cruise and Universal thurs/fri after the cruise so we're packing a TON of stuff but I'm not doing laundry on vacation.

Liz

fesslerl...maybe after you get back from this cruise and your husband finds out how much fun you had, then he may change his mind!::yes::

Deweysgirl...I know what you mean. I feel a little down about what little time we have left before we go and then it's over!:( I'm also with you on planning for another!:teeth:

firsttimemom...the laundry can wait!:)

gamom...which restaurant did you like best?

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

gamom - Thanks for the info. I'll pack another nicer outfit just in case Triton comes up twice for me. I'm packing tropical for Parrot Cay. :D

I find myself more addicted to these boards as the time draws nearer.

Just checked and it looks like the movies we'll have are:
Brother Bear
Calendar Girls
Confessions of a teenage drama queen
Cold Mountain
Finding Nemo
Freaky Friday
Home on the Range
Lady Killers
Lord of the Rings
Master and Commander
Miricale
Pirates of the Carribean
Teacher's Pet
The CM said they was no indication of any new movies that would be added, but the movies are always subject to change.

I've only seen 3 of these movies (my DC have seen most of them) so I guess I need to decide how much of my "cruise time" I want to spend in the theater!:teeth:

It's getting closer! I bought the new Passporter Monday after school and can barely put it down. So much info!:wave2:

Hi gamom2three

Thanks for the list. Did you call the number the Passporter gave to call about a week ahead of time for the shows that would be showing?

I loved Pirates of the Carribean but Master & Commander was very boring to me. My husband said he didn't care for it either. I loved Lord of the Rings and heard that Lady Killers is very good.

Looks like we are staying at the same place as you, Ron Jon's, and also both on the 2nd floor on the Wonder but on opposite ends. We are in 2628

Has Anyone made a door sign? My grandson designed one on the computer. I need to go to Office Max and pick up some magnetic copy paper. I thought it was a cool idea...makes it easier to find your room, especially for little ones.

Deweysgirl I understand being a "tad bit depressed" cause I am too!
It will all be over with too soon! But I try to think on good things, like only 9 days until our vacation officially starts on May 21!

Thanks for checking on the movies for us gamom2three. I've been wanting to see "Lady Killers" but it is no longer in theaters around me. I'm hoping it will still be playing on ship. Also wanting to see "Home On the Range" with the kids. And to think I once wondered if there would be enough things to do.

GaMom2Three : Thanks for the list of movies!!!

I also love to plan our vacations and I know I will be sad when this cruise is over but I look forward to all the great memories!!

Where has Jeroenalex been? He should be leaving soon for his mega-vacation to Florida. Get ready, Jeroenalex, it is getting hot down here!!! :sunny:

Gamom2three, Thank you for the movie list!! I was thinking that a movie would be a good place for some of the older kids, like mine, to go for a while so my DH and I could check out the night clubs.

Carol36, I can't say that I liked one restaurant better than another. I think the food was good in all three and I really enjoyed the change of scenery every night! It's also fun to dress a little differently, like Greytlady said, she's going tropical for Parrot Cay.

:mickeybar :mickeybar :mickeybar

I can't believe that we will be in single digits tomorrow!!!:teeth: Did everyone see the new spa price list! Wow! The prices went up! We were planning on one treatment, but now we have changed our minds. Since we are only doing a 4-day, we figured we would put our time and $$$ into something else. Maybe when we take a 7-day;) , we could do one or two treatments.

Thanks for getting the list of movies! I haven't seen alot of those! We, at least, have a variety to choose from.

Everybody....have a great day!:sunny:

Carol

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the movie list, we've seen a few but plan on trying to catch a couple.

Where did you see the new "spa" prices? I was planning on a couple but I quess that may change. Did they also change the price of the "Rain Forest"?

Can you believe it 10 days to go, I went back yesterday to page one and re read the posts. It was so funny for the longest time it seemed like Carol's family and mine were going to have the whole boat, we were real newbies. Look at us now, 18 pages later WOW!

I need to run to visit a friend in the hospital be back tomorrow, looking for all the last minute inforormation that I can get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter