MAY 2014 Car Rentals

Kim&Chris

DIS Veteran
Well, I suppose it's still early, but prices are very high at this stage of the game. Best I could find was using that mysterious KLM code, which was $210.10 for a week. Not too horrible, I guess, but I'm hoping for something better as time goes on.

So, let's share and compare ;)

I have been checking. Best so far is to take ME to disney. Then pick up for 12 days is 400.00 and some. Better than the 800 I was seeming. I am hoping to spend no more than 20/day with taxes for economy or higher when the time comes. Worse case I will bid on priceline like I did for our Oct trip.

We're still 6 months out, so I'm expecting prices to drop as May draws near. Last May I paid about $110 for a weekly rental, so hopefully I'll end up somewhere in that general neighborhood. Fingers crossed.

Good luck, everyone!

Last year ended up around 200 for the week thru budget. Usually people lost lots of super codes. Travelocity always has a good one. Hope thru start appearing soon! ( though I ended up the cheapest like 2 days out)

I'll join in too. I'm just down for a long weekend. Booked a compact with Dollar 5/14-18 for $121.43. Hoping to do much better then that. I do seem to be finding my best prices with Dollar lately though. Last 3 MCO rentals have all been with Dollar.

I'll join in too. I'm just down for a long weekend. Booked a compact with Dollar 5/14-18 for $121.43. Hoping to do much better then that. I do seem to be finding my best prices with Dollar lately though. Last 3 MCO rentals have all been with Dollar.

Wow...that's pretty good. I just looked at Dollar and got $328 for 5/13 - 5/19. Yikes. What code did you use?

We booked our rental car at the end of September and booked it on the same day we booked our flight. We used Hotwire.com to get a minivan through Alamo. The daily rate using hotwire.com's $37.95 per day for 9 days. Total, with taxes and all that fun stuff, comes to $478.65.

Keeping an eye out for rates they are in the $400's now so too high. We booked less than a month before for the same week. Got rates of $306 Alamo and $320 for hertz or budget can't remember for a minivan 8 days. So I am watching for similar rates.

Did I see Alamo isn't taking coupons? Or what is the new deal?

I booked through EZ Car Rental for now. I got an economy car 5/3-5/13 for $253. I've never used them before but they are in the terminal. Last year through Costco I was able to get a car through Budget for $148 for 11 days. I'm hoping that I can match that price for my upcoming trip. I will keep checking the car rental sites and if I find anything better I will post it here. I'm hoping that I can find a better price with one of the major car rental companies. I'm a little nervous about using EZ Car Rental (I've never heard of them).

Best rate so far. Taking ME to BC. Then getting off site rental.. Best prices I have seen for compact is 363.00 with tax with budget and using some discount codes. I am hoping for something cheaper as time get closer and more discount codes comes out, for the new year. Max I will pay is 300 for 12 days. But I better get something much bigger than a compact.

My DH is meeting me on my May trip. He'll arrive the Friday of Memorial Day weekend and we both fly home on Memorial Day. Needless to say, with those holiday dates, we're not expecting much in the way of deals. So far we've found $157 for an economy car through Enterprise (pick up and drop off at MCO). We also found $152 for a compact car through Alamo (pick up at the Dolphin, drop off at MCO). I think we might be leaning toward the second option for the slightly bigger car and picking up at Dolphin is convenient for us at Boardwalk and it'll let DH take DME (and take advantage of DME's luggage service!

Both of our deals are via Costco, FYI. Thanks to everyone who has posted so far!

We are booking for May as well but for some odd reason everything I'm pulling has limited mileage - we have always rented unlimited before. We will be renting for 11 days and driving 2200 miles.

No luck still as high as the other week. I am hoping once 2014 comes we will able to get decent rates.

Wuh-hoo!!! Just found an awesome rate through Thrifty. Pick up at the Doubletree on I-Drive (they have a free shuttle to pick you up from your resort) and drop off at MCO. May 23-26, midsize car for $79! :banana:

Wuh-hoo!!! Just found an awesome rate through Thrifty. Pick up at the Doubletree on I-Drive (they have a free shuttle to pick you up from your resort) and drop off at MCO. May 23-26, midsize car for $79! :banana:

Nice rate. I went looking too. But my rate was over 500 for 12 days

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter