May 2008 code watch

Ya Hoo !!! Congratulations !1 :yay:

BTW...Thought I might miss the AP, room only discount since I just returned from a 4 week vacation in the Caribbean.

Your post was the 1st one I read and I just got off the phone and ...:dance3: ...I also got the discount for my May room only conscierge stay.:woohoo:

Thanks a Bunch for posting!!!;)

seneca, may I ask you what dates you'll be at the Poly? I'll be arriving May 7 for 3 nights at Poly LVCL and I was unable to get an AP discount. :confused3
I did snag an AP rate for the GF RPC portion of our split stay.
Thanks!

soooo.....can anyone buy a ap? do you have to be a us resident? if only one person is an ap holder can a room be booked for a family stay? question, questions, questions....:teacher:

soooo.....can anyone buy a ap? do you have to be a us resident? if only one person is an ap holder can a room be booked for a family stay? question, questions, questions....:teacher:

I believe that anyone can purchase an Annual Pass. And only 1 person in the room has to have the AP in order to get the discount on the room.

In the past, an AP holder could get a discount for up to 3 rooms but they changed that last year and now at least 1 person with an AP must be booked in the room in order to get the discount.

yes anyone can buy them and at least one ADULT has to be staying in the room with one. it won't work to buy your kid one (at a discounted price) and get the discount.

I can't remember exactly but I think they pay for themselves after 8 days in the parks. So if you spend more than 8 days a calender year with the discounts they are SO worth it. Also their is a discount to renew when they expire. Making it even more affordable, since we go every year we get at least 16 days use plus any surprise short trips we might squeeze in.

One of the reasons they especially appeal to us this year, is that DS turns 10 in June but because he will have the pass as long as we come back in the spring before we did this year he can still be 9 for one more year (kid price)

There are also discounts on the restaurants and some stores I believe...as well as a AP dinning pkg.

this may be a stupid question but does ap enclude water parks and park hopper or are they like the regular ticket and you have to add these on? we would not be thee but once a year but if it was good for a room discount, why not. do they often give ap rates for the values?

this may be a stupid question but does ap enclude water parks and park hopper or are they like the regular ticket and you have to add these on? we would not be thee but once a year but if it was good for a room discount, why not. do they often give ap rates for the values?

There are various APs you can get. The Standard AP allows you entrance to the four theme parks with park hopping, free parking, and some discounts at various retailers (primarily DTD ones), some discounts on various other forms of entertainment (miniature golf, etc.) and select restaurants (discounts are 10% during lunch). The Premium AP includes the above with the addition of the water parks. And FL residents can purchase Seasonal APs which have black-out dates and no free parking.

The APs are good for one year from the date that you activate them and they do offer a small discount if you renew each year. So if you activate your AP on March 1, 2008 you can use it until and through March 1, 2009.

The resort discount info is primarily from past years since they are changing things this year. Discounts can be as much as 40% on select resorts and are offered in time blocks. It used to be every 3 months there'd be a new round of discounts offered but, again, this year is a little different. They also have 'black-out' dates now for resort discounts this year so on holiday weekends discounts might be nonexistant or very few might be offered. And I believe I have read that the entire month of June will be blacked out from AP discounts. They have a set number of rooms set aside for AP discounts and not always at every resort. They do tend to offer AP discounts at each of the different tiers of resorts but discounts can vary greatly and the number of rooms they have for AP discounts per resort can vary. Example: For our upcoming May trip we could have saved about 33% off POFQ, 11% off WL or 40% off AKL.

If you are going to be spending more than 8 days park hopping then the AP usually pays for itself. Resort discounts shouldn't be the reason to buy an AP because there are often general public codes that become available and some people are lucky enough to get pin codes.

I could try and answer your questions but just so I don't get it wrong I'll link you to some info on AP's. There are 2 types of passes "AP" and "Premium AP" the regular lets you in any of the 4 parks everyday for a year. The Premium let you in the 4 parks, the 2 water parks and disney quest.

link

seneca, may I ask you what dates you'll be at the Poly? I'll be arriving May 7 for 3 nights at Poly LVCL and I was unable to get an AP discount. :confused3
I did snag an AP rate for the GF RPC portion of our split stay.
Thanks!

Yes, May 7 through May 11 then my BCV DVC till May 21.

Awesome! We will be there the first night to eat a NO WAY JOSE', but this year we are staying at the POFQ. I am ready to leave this nasty SNOW behind! Bring on Spring or Florida whichever brings good weather first. :banana:

So is there something out there for a last minute planned trip for May?
Thanks!

the General Public offer is for - FREE Park Hopping and Water Park Fun included with your theme park admission when you book a Magic Your Way package at a Disney Resort for travel from 3/30 - 5/21.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter