May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey V, I really feel sorry for your broken waterfall in the pool as I watch the snow blow outside like a blizzard.

(BOTH Indians games cancelled today due to SNOW!)

Saw the highlights last night on the news! Can't believe they even started the game!!

Karen

Bought the wrong Easter egg coloring dye and DH tried to find the right one while he was out and about (have to go about a half hour away to find much outside of Bodega Bay).

He called and "no go" all coloring kits sold out! He is bringing "neon food coloring" and we will do the coloring the old fashioned way!!

Karen

something is wrong with this picture...the girls are awake and John is asleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reading everybody's pots, just to tired to reply to anybody. After picking up Tyler, he reminded me that he wants to leave carrots for the Easter bunny for a snack, so we had to go to the grocery store. Standing in line, I started to sweat. Long line....by the time it was my turn to check out, I was shivering with the chills. This is absolutely nuts! Fortunately, Tyler is completely over it, so I hope I don't give it back to him. Yucky stuff. :sad2:

Goodnight all! I'm headed back to burrow under my new, warm, luxurious llama blanket! :goodvibes Of course, first, "the Easter bunny" has to assemble Tyler's basket, eat some carrots, and hide some eggs inside and in the front yard.

Mandy, it is even nicer today than yesterday here, so went out instead of decorating!! If the weather was of the usual Easter variety we would be inside painting!!!!

Car alarms are a pain!:mad: As far as being a 'grumpy old woman', if people didn't do things to make us that way we would be ok.:laughing:

When we were out having a lovely coffee outside in the sun:love: ), we were chatting holidays, and for 2009 we are thinking of taking 6 weeks and visit a few places in the US!!!:woohoo: This would be for, and over, our 40th wedding anniversary. It started out as 6 weeks touring Europe and changed direction! Wonder if we will be able to fit a cruise in somewhere.:idea: Only problem is I now have another holiday to plan.:confused: :banana:

WOW 40 years in 09...that is quite an accomplishment. Congratulations! John and I will never make it that long because we started too late. We'll hit 20 years in 2010 and really do a big celebration for that one. I would like to renew my vows, maybe on DCL. That would be awesome.

How about you and John Marilyn? Will you renew your vows for your 40th?

WOW 40 years in 09...that is quite an accomplishment. Congratulations! John and I will never make it that long because we started too late. We'll hit 20 years in 2010 and really do a big celebration for that one. I would like to renew my vows, maybe on DCL. That would be awesome.

How about you and John Marilyn? Will you renew your vows for your 40th?

Deb,

We probably won't make it to 40 either! We also started pretty late! Although 74 and 77, isn't that old!:thumbsup2

Karen

sounds awesome!:banana:

the girls are in the tub and have decided on Peter Pan as their movie of choice for the evening.

I just started a book "My Sister's Keeper" and so fr it is great....this 13 year old just walked into an attorney's office to sue her parents for right's to her own body. Their first daughter has leukemia and they had her via egg and sperm in a clinical sense so she would be a perfect match to help the daughter with treatments, etc.

LOVED this book...could not put it down...then end will totally throw you off!!

Hey V, I really feel sorry for your broken waterfall in the pool as I watch the snow blow outside like a blizzard.

I thought the same thing about the pool!! I saw the pitcher was one pitch away from a no hitter (even though on 4.5 innings) and the umps called the game.....so sad!!

We are feeling the same pain with our pool. We have been trying to get it ready for swimming all week and it just won't clean correctly. Shawn has taken apart every possible part on the equipment that he knows how to. The cleaner and filter have been running for two straight days. At least the waterfall works! It has been in the low 90's the last few days and the girl's just want to get in the pool. They have grown tired of going down to Lifetime Fitness to go swimming! Might just have to break down and call someone in.

I have also thought about getting a refurbished ipod for Samantha...she loves listening to the portable CD player, I just wish there was some kind of max volume you could set, she thinks the highest level is the best! I just fear their behavior on the plane...it will be totally new for them and I am sure they will be excited --- I can only hope!

Vanessa,

You CAN set the maximum volume on ipods . . . you can even protect it with a combination so that a child cannot modify it.

Hi All:

Just back from my whirlwind trip to California. We actually had a great time. Took 9 hours yesterday to get there, a few hours shopping and then on the road back home. Stopped for a few hours sleep and then some tax free shopping (of course) in Oregon before heading home. My girlfriend is going through a hard time with a friend who is 1 month out of rehab for pain pill addiction and is using again so she really enjoyed the time away to just be relaxed and silly while :drive: :drive: :drive:.

I must say the stretch of I5 between Rosedale, OR and Redding, CA is beautiful with tons of great looking activities. I think we are going to spend a week down there next summer. The weather yesterday was great, hit 90, and then today back to rainy and 50's:sad2:

Haven't had a chance to read the pages I missed, hope to someday, but for now, I will start here.....

Hope everyone had a great weekend. We were hoping to have Easter at our house (IL's have had some health probs and get tired easily these days) but my IL's decided that it would be easier if we got to their house early, helped them clean and cook, stayed until everyone was gone and then cleaned up before going home! The shocker, DH said sure that sounds great :scared1:

V, if you get a nano, you can set a max volume and have a passcode to lock it in. A nano 2gb silver refurbished, from Apple is running around $119.00 not as cheap as the shuffles, but you have the volume feature. Also you can build playlists on the nano, not on the shuffle.

You can set max on the shuffle too . . . (from Apple's site)

With iTunes 6.0.5 or later and iPod shuffle Software 1.1.4 or later, you can now set a maximum volume limit for your iPod shuffle.

Good Morning, Snowing in Washington DC.....how crazy is that?

Tuesday is was 84 degrees, today it is snowing.....

My mom has been sick all week. She is 83 years old. She would not let me take her to the doctor. Now, this morning, she decides she is really sick. She would not listen to me all week. I will most likely be in the hospital most of the day with her.....the has the cough, cold, running nose thing.

She wants so much to take care of everything on her own, as she always has. We have been so lucky with her health. She has had her issues, but her mind is sound. She has broken her back 8 times now in 5 years....

She really needs my help, yet won't take it most of the time.....until (like today) she just can't stand it anymore.

Lisa, I can so relate about your mom because mine is the same way. She's only 73 but she's just as stubborn and independent. She has been in the hospital 4 times in 3 months and really needs better care than what she is doing on her own, but she won't let you help at all. It's very frustrating because you can't force her and yet you see that she really needs the help.

She has let me take her to some follow up doctor appointments and for some tests since she has been out of the hospital from this last stay. But that's all. She insists on driving herself and going to the supermarket and running errands. She still cooks and cares for her house. But she procrastinates when it comes to doing something for her health and she doesn't do all of her follow up care properly.

It's so hard to sit by and let it be because you know you can help and make it better for her, but she doesn't want that. You can only do what she lets you do. I don't push the matter because the last thing I want is to be fighting with her. So I let her have her way and then I wait for that dreaded telephone to ring and tell me something terrible has happened.

I know exactly what you're going through Lisa. If you find anything that helps, please let me know and I'll try it too. In the meantime, it's great to know that I'm not alone in my dilemma and thanks for sharing.
:flower3:

Lisa:

Good luck with your mom today. My good thoughts will be coming your way this weekend and herein forward on this issue.

I have the other issue on my hands. My mom is turning 80 this summer. Her body is in pretty good shape, but her mind is going more and more each day. We moved her into a retirement staged care (independent, assited and skilled nursing as needed) community last year (after dad died) it was hard to tell her she couldn't go back to her home (@ Lake Almanor 6 hours by car from us) again, even harder moving her without her input. She is still upset about that. She thinks she should have been there to move everything, but if she was it would have been impossible to pack her stuff up. My family and I did the last weekend with her at her house and packed up the precious stuff, then my sister went up the following weekend with movers and hauled all the rest of it out. I handle her finances and medical care (funny I have 3 other sisters, one who helps all the time the other 2 are pretty removed and just don't see what has to happen to keep up her care.) If only it could be a shared job then each of us could feel ok, rather than one (me) or 2 feelings exhausted with it all the time. Oh well, I'm the one who knew it would be me to do it, so I guess that's just life I can't just ignore it, that's not the daughter my mother raised.

N

Oh . . . . I know exactly what you mean Nanette . . . it is so hard to be at this stage of life and watch your parent's age before your eyes. My Dad is going to be 85 - and he is heading down the same road. It is also hard to be that ONE sibling that is expected to do it all.

But in the end, you know you are doing the right thing.

:grouphug:

oh and OSU fans (john and Amy) - there was a customer over by the frozen section who had on an OSU pullover. Samantha says ---- Ohio State is Gator Bait and then turns to me and says is that Sophia's brother?

We are :lmao: at that one!

No, Alex is here with us.
:rotfl:

I'm tired tonight!:confused3 Think a bath and bed will be in order.

Hope you are all having a great Saturday. Holly, I hope you are feeling better.

We have Church in the morning and than our ex daughter in law and little grandson are coming for the afternoon. Should be a nice day!:)

Goodnight Marilyn, have fun with your grandson tomorrow. How old is he?:goodvibes

Saw the highlights last night on the news! Can't believe they even started the game!!

Karen

Hey, it's Ohio - what do they expect in early April?

Yeah, Hargrove FINALLY decided his players could not see when they were ONE strike away from a complete game and a LOSS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter