May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves...May 2008 Repo Thread...Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to confess that when I first read your post about your weekend, I thought what? The Duchess of York is way older than 33.

LOSER! I'm creeping up on 40 but have the lifestyle age of about 60. I finally realized which Fergie about 5 minutes later.

Sounds like you had a really great weekend, happy late bday!

Thanks for the b-day wishes, but they aren't late! This was a pre-party as my real birthday falls when we are passing through the Panama Canal! Lisa

All the best to Shannon!!!

Will you be moving towards or away from civilization? I mean Vancouver...:lmao:

Closer to civilization but farther away from Van... :lmao:

Prince George. At least you can fly out of there, compared to here!

Thanks for the b-day wishes, but they aren't late! This was a pre-party as my real birthday falls when we are passing through the Panama Canal! Lisa

I remember that, way to work the month long celebration. I need to copy that, mine is 3 days before we sail.

Ok, really going to bed now.

Yes, a month long b-day celebration is THE way to go. Hanging out with all of you will be far better than Fergie! (Fergie, if you are reading this, don't worry. I'm still your BFF.)

Hey , who you callin a yellow marshmallow chicken????

:lmao: :lmao:

I shall check into flights...

Southwest is having a sale...

Too funny!:lmao:
True to all of the above, although I do like having my Nordstrom budget to just me!

No, just heard you have more a chance as you get older, and given I have 4 boys...twin boys sounds just like what God might do to show his sense of humor!
Lisa

Lisa... I have just one thing to say... JON & KATE + 8!!!!!!! :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

Ken - any chance we can get a generic one saying something "Wonder"ful? (figure I might as well request this from the master now :goodvibes )

Can you send me a PM with this request please? I'm not at home and won't be home until Friday night and I don't want to lose the request between now and then.

Guessing someone has an upcoming cruise on the Wonder for a birthday??:lmao:

SURE! Just you, or you two? I'm not sure if I understand. If just you, maybe I'll have DH pass on this one too and we can go together! Either sounds good. How many can we have on brunch? PJ - anyword if everyone who is on 23rd is confirmed? Lisa

Lisa, all those on your list are confirmed with us and DCL now. You might be able to ask PJ(manager) once we board the ship if he is willing to seat an extra person for brunch.

Pj

How about "Magical"

And by the way, Patrick LOVED the picture of Donald with the 436 days on it!

Do you use Photo shop? Can you clip pictures easily with that, and put them on backrounds?

Maybe I should buy that program.....all I have is Microsoft Publisher.

What do you think O King of the Magnets?

The generic birthday one does say Magical - just with the "magic" in quotes to subtly show the name of the ship.

I use Photoshop Elements. As for "clipping pictures easily" - that depends on the pic and the type of clipping to be done, but yes it works the best that I have used so far. Paint Shop Pro is another that can do it similarly. MS Publisher, while good for newsletters and such, I wouldn't use for handling graphics. That's not really what it is meant to do.

Wow, you folks have been real busy chatting away. I seem to come in for either the first few pages or the last few pages. I hope I am not missing too much, but I will make it up once I get onboard! I decieded I would bring my liquid survival kit with me (JW Green (Malt) Scotch, Grand Marnier, & Maker's Mark Bourbon) for the Verandah Crawl. Made my Shuttle Ressie today to get the boys and I to the airport on the night of the 9th. The guys still know nothing of the trip and like last year, I hope they don't figure it out until they come over the bridge into PC and see the ship!

Ok, laundry is done so I have to go fold and put it away before I put myself to sleep! See everyone very soon.:banana:

SHARKS ARE BACK

Congrats on the win. Didn't get to see the game tonight/ Just caught the hilights. Looks like the FLames thought the Sharks would just roll over and die after the previous loss. Instead it just made them hungrier.

Hello Everybody

Not good news for UK

My friend got email from dlc

here is the information:

Just to upset all the British cruisers just received this reply concerning handing in of our passports again on cruise:-

We appreciate your patience while we researched your request concerning
handling of Passports on your upcoming cruise.

Please be assured, Disney Cruise Line Vacations follows the U.S.
Government regulations that are required in handling Guest's citizenship
documentation.

It has been determined that Disney Cruise Line will be required to
collect all citizenship documentation for Non-US Citizens for the
15-Night Panama Canal Cruise. Although we can appreciate the frustration
this can cause, unfortunately, we do not have the ability to change
these directives from the U.S. Government and the U.S. Customs & Border
Protection Agency.

We hope the above information proves helpful. If you need further
assistance planning your upcoming cruise, please feel free to contact
us.

Feel this is too bad of them and am still waiting for clarification and advice from our passport office.
Brenda

I wonder what about Candain people?

I think it is terrible.

Scottishwee35

Thanks for the info Deborah.

So I wonder which days we will have to do the crack of dawn Immigration party?

I was thinking about this recently. To me, it's like Christmas. I really love all the days leading up to Christmas as much as Christmas itself, maybe even more. I love the planning and anticipation.

This past year has been so much fun, meeting and getting to know everyone, trading ideas and tips. I try to tell my friends and family about it, but I guess there really isn't any way they can understand the full import of it since they haven't experienced it themselves.

I'm really trying to stay in the moment, enjoying everything as it's happening. All these days leading up to the cruise have been so much fun, the cruise itself will be wonderful and afterwards I'll have a huge bunch of friends and contacts all over the world to keep in touch with and hopefully see again on other trips.

Life is good, isn't it????:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

We are still planning a big US trip in Sept 09.:banana:

My computer thinks Disboards is a SPAM site and sends out an electronic warning.....:lmao:

:lmao: :lmao:

So what you are saying is we should take a cab or bus even if it is close enough? Just trying to get some ideas because we are not doing an excursion at this port.

We aren't doing an excursion but may take a bit of a walk. Fancy a day on ship really!

He probably wasn't joking! I'm really sad after the first day. I hope it will be different this time.

I'm a bit like that for a few days, then the second usually seems so long.

Deb - found a cute pic for you....who knows - maybe another door magnet???

crush.jpg

:)

Just a quick update on my brother . . .

He was supposed to have a CT scan today, but they pumped him so full of fluids to keep up his BP, that he is too big for the machine. For now the surgeon has decided that wait and see is the best thing to do. Still in ICU, still on a ventilator, but his vital signs seem to continue to improve.

I spent a couple of hours in his room reading tonight.

As someone said, where there is life, there is hope.

Thanks for the update John. Keep positive.

Lisa,

I told Amy I have never been so tired when not doing much. The stress really does wear on you. I also end up being the "point man" when Manuel's students and colleagues have questions, or just want to talk. It's really hard to go to sleep at night too with the phone there dreading a late-night phone call. I'm not complaining though - I feel much better being there as much as I can, and I would rather be doing this than any alternative. My routine is now a visit in the morning before work at 7:00, a visit over lunch and the evening after work. Not doing much for my exercise program.

Amy's boss actually sent her away from work today and to the hospital (it was her first full day back). I thought that was really nice, and put my mind at ease. Of course, I was at work all day.

I had a meeting all afternoon in Cleveland, drove back home and spent a few hours at the hospital. It was actually peaceful tonight though, as I sat and read my book in his room, and made small talk with the nurse about her family.

Going to try and go to bed. Good night everyone.

Stress is so tiring. You are going to need this vacation so much.

So here's something to make all the ladies laugh...

I'm at the doctors today and I have to get a gown on. The nurse says "you can leave your bra and panties on" and I say....

"they haven't been panties in a loooooong time"

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

NO THONG UNDERWEAR for me EITHER!!!!!!!!

Oooooo, not for me either.:sad2:

Came from the Geek thread 2 years ago. A DISer was talking about getting ready for a yard sale and said she and her DH were "pricing" all night......went from there and pricing became a code word for making a little souvineer. V must have just forgot which thread she was posting on so she did not explain. :rotfl: Another V-ism.

Oh:eek: , and I thought they had just spent an evening working out whether they can afford another baby!!!:lmao: :lmao:

EWW, EWW you are the bread this time. And granmaz is the meat.

A bit fatty, but meat nontheless!!!:rotfl:

Thought I share a post of me and my sister and friend during my b-day week-end...figure this will be not seen much since we are moving to another thread soon!
2417446873_e595e23cb6.jpg
. We are enjoying Dom that a friend gave me for Christmas in our room. I can't wait for our champange toasts!
Lisa

You are look lovely and very glam.

I read this on the main cruise forum. What a major pain. Someone from the Uk contacted our passport office and they daid that the US has absolutely no need to collect the passports, just copies of them, but in the end they will do what they want.:mad:

It is a pain, and particularly irritating when you read that on other cruises and cruise lines it doesn't happen. Which makes me think that for some reason DCL isn't negotiating with the authorities as successfully as they might.

But the bottom line is, if we want to enter the US then we have to comply with whatever rules US Immigration wish to impose. Might not be such a bad thing if our own Immigration people were as strict. ;)

I LOVE Yorkshire! We've been to York twice, and Durham once and the Pennines several times.....Chuck's family came from Yorkshrite in the 1800's.......*****tone.....lovely area.

Yorkshire is God's country. Always has been, always will be. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter