max height on space mountain

laura&fam

Your stunned silence is very reassuring
There is a maximum height allowed on space mountain. Being short myself and traveling with kids this never crossed my mind. However my neighbor (who could double as the Jolly Green Giant) just returned from DL and they wouldn't let him ride because he was too tall.

I should have asked how tall he is, but I think he's at least 6'3".

Interesting! I have never heard of a maximum height...and there isn't one listed on the web site for rides either. Hmmm, seems like they should post that somewhere for riders.

I'm LOL, 6'3" really isn't that tall. I think my BIL at 6'6" has been on Space Mountain, so I'm not sure what the height limit would be.

Alas this is true. I'm 6'5" with a 37" inseam and couldn't ride the new Space Mountain on our February visit. They require you to fit both legs under the bar and it is not very high and structured such that your legs have to be together so someone with long legs won't fit. Some of the ride attendants will let you splay your legs out to each side, but ones that won't will make you get off the ride. I did complain to guest services in a nice way that they should warn you on the sign before the long wait in line - just like they do on the minimum height.

I've ridden Space Mountain in Tokyo which is the same 2-2-2 car setup as California and they put me in the front car and let me splay my legs so I'd fit. I guess each park has their own safety protocols. Florida is not a problem as the 1-1-1 setup allows the legs to go outside and under the seat in front of you. Same thing in Paris, although the cars are not as low slung as in Florida.

One thing to note in California, the new cars do allow you to be very big and still ride. The gentleman in front of me was over 400# but not as tall and he fit fine. He was kidding me on the way out as he said it is usually him that has to wait for his kids in the baby exchange area due to rides not fitting.

One last good news for the tall folks - the Matterhorn and California Screaming fit fine so you'll have plenty of thrill rides to ride.

I am 6'3" and I must admit it was a tight fight. He should be ok, but it will be a sqeeze for him.

We went on this ride a few years ago with Dan Murphy (he frequents the CB here on the DIS), and I think he's 6'4". He did have a challenge getting into the car, but he was able to ride. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter