Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing

I think I tried it for my kids. They didn't really take to it.

I learned how to type in high school on a typewriter. I still remember the book was put together "long ways" so you could prop it up like a easel as you typed from it.
We did also for our two kids, I think same results. But, both are super fast with their keyboards today.

I also took typing class in HS, probably 1959 or 1960.

I took typing in high school using manual typewriters. I received an electric typewriter as a graduation gift to take to college.

I also took typing in college as an Easy A free elective to pad my GPA.

Best way to learn to type, imo is to do it. I barely passed typing in high school. But once I got my own computer at home and started using message boards I learned to type. No stupid FFFGGGKKKSSS. But actual words and actually sentences.

I think for it's time Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing was considered one of the first typing computer games that could really help people learn the ABC's of typing. And they even added some mini typing games to the later editions of Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing like a driving game a Supermarket Sweep-type game and a space game. But once other computer typing games made their debuts Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing still ranked number one in typing computer games. How did Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing actually get it's start as a bestselling typing game and who was the actress that was used for Mavis Beacon and what year in the 80's did the series begin?

I am unfamiliar with this program. When I was in school there were typing classes, though I never took one. I didn’t actually type anything myself until college, at which time I became a self-taught typist. Not a great one, but it got the job done!

I pre-date Mavis Beacon. I encourage all young kids to learn to type. I forced my daughters to take a course in high school. They were angry with me at the time, but have thanked me many times since.

When it came to typing software as I mentioned Mavis Beacon was the king of typing software and it's amazing that this series is still going strong and I believe it's now adding an app version of it. But I think when other typing software debuted Mavis Beacon still ranked #1 and it's no secret that the Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing is still widely used in schools today because it's very simple to use and the mini-games really help you master your typing skills easily

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter