Matt's Sunrise Safari Report - Breakfast on the Jungle Cruise!!

I'm signed up for Oct 28th and waiting to see if we can do Dec 3rd. Looks great - thanks for the wrap up!

I'm signed up for Oct 28th and waiting to see if we can do Dec 3rd. Looks great - thanks for the wrap up!
I look forward to your opinion on it!!! I know you get to do a bunch of the special options at DLR so curious on your perspective on it.

Absolutely fabulous adventure! The morning light was stunning. Thank you for sharing with us!
This may sound weird coming from someone who only knows you through your trip reports, but I have to say you look fantastic! Did you lose some weight? I almost didn't recognize you, and the beard looks great too! Kudos to you!

Hey, I've done that late night drive up to DLR for a few hours in the park on a Friday night. I'm the only one of us with an AP so I ditched DH and DS7 for a few hours when we were on a weekend LEGOLAND trip last month. Totally worth it, had an absolute blast walking onto BTMRR and Splash at 11pm, then closing down the park! The drive back to Carlsbad at 1am was painful though.

This may sound weird coming from someone who only knows you through your trip reports, but I have to say you look fantastic! Did you lose some weight? I almost didn't recognize you, and the beard looks great too! Kudos to you!
I'm down 35# from my last Trip Report for Dapper Day in Spring of this year. I'd like to lose another 10# before our trip in two weeks but I think it unlikely. Too much going on.

I'm down 35# from my last Trip Report for Dapper Day in Spring of this year. I'd like to lose another 10# before our trip in two weeks but I think it unlikely. Too much going on.
That's AWESOME! I'd like to lose about 20 pounds myself, but after turning 40 my metabolism has taken a nosedive making it a lot more difficult than it once was :(

That's AWESOME! I'd like to lose about 20 pounds myself, but after turning 40 my metabolism has taken a nosedive making it a lot more difficult than it once was :(
Thanks! I'm still a far way off from goal though. Between work and family, there's little time to eat right and exercise. Stack on stress from work and coping mechanisms (Pinot Noir) and it's been a struggle to take it any further. We'll see what I can do once the weather cools off.

I was going to make the same comment, but then thought "What if I was just remembering wrong!" Congrats on the weight loss!

Did I miss something as I went through the pages....Do you not get to drive the boats and say the lines?

So does a turn at the helm mean you get to drive it all the way around the ride?

I didn't know if it was okay to say...I hate when people say "You look like you lost weight" if I haven't :)...That said- You look GREAT!!

Your report made me seriously consider checking dates. But even if there were spots available, I don't think I could justify buying tickets for our family of four. When both girls are off to college, I'll definitely keep my eyes open for opportunities like this for DH and myself!

I didn't know if it was okay to say...I hate when people say "You look like you lost weight" if I haven't :)...That said- You look GREAT!!
No worries one way or another. Ever since I took the current job, I've packed on weight and haven't been able to take it off. I buckled down this summer while Amy and the girls were in MI, and took a ton off.

Wow, what a treat to read this. Wonderful details and amazing pics. THANK YOU! It's not something I can afford, but reading your TR was the next best thing. Thanks for the gift!!

No worries one way or another. Ever since I took the current job, I've packed on weight and haven't been able to take it off. I buckled down this summer while Amy and the girls were in MI, and took a ton off.
WOW!!! Way to go!! I kept thinking, "who's the guy in all the pictures?" before I realized it was you. That's quite an accomplishment :)

It was truly a wonderful report, Matt -- and it was amazing to see Adventureland and the Jungle Cruise setting in the morning light, with the sky changing color (and no crowds). The parting gifts are incredible -- I was eager to see the mask, but I had no idea about the box with the photo, so that was a surprise!

This was particularly fun to read, not only because you captured the essence of the whole experience so well in your descriptions and photos but also because this is something that many people will never do. I mean, sure, a lot of people may never do something like the Happiest Haunts Tour either, but that event is not so elusive and exclusive. It's there if someone wants to do it, and it is less expensive. The Sunrise Safari is much more exclusive -- and expensive -- which means it will maintain its novelty and specialness for a while, so a lot of folks will be living vicariously through reports.

I think that the DIS Unplugged folks should have you on as a guest to talk about the experience!!! (Yoo hoo... Tom and Mary Jo.... ;) )

I lost 15lbs for my race last Nov, and I have been working out the past two weeks hard core with this walk to the hits dvd and already have lost 3 more lbs. Congrats to every one who has lost some wight. Isn't it a great feeling.

And I loved all the pics and this trip report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter