Marriott Village at Little Lake Bryan

Gagebre

Mouseketeer
I got a really great deal at this hotel for early May. Can anyone tell me about the king rooms? Also any info about the pool, restaurant, bus service to parks, etc.

Actually, this is a complex of three Marriott hotels: a Fairfield Inn, a Spring Hill Suites, and a Courtyard by Marriott. All are pretty representative of their respective chains, and all have their own pools. The Fairfield and Spring Hill have complimentary breakfasts. I believe there is a small food court also at the Fairfield, and the Courtyard has a restaurant.

We stayed here last year for 10 days, and will be staying there this year as well. As mentioned, it is a complex (hence the name Village) of all 3 properties. This is a very new hotel complex, and so the rooms are very neat and clean, and the service is also very good. Fairfield is the cheapest, with Courtyard and Springhill Suites, a few dollars extra. The pool areas at all hotels are nice, but the Courtyard is by far the best of the three. It is in a great location - you can see the Crossroads Shopping Plaza from across the street, as well as the Downtown Disney hotels, also Premier Outlet Centre is down the road as well. It is literally minutes away from Disney and Sea World. There are a few restaurants right around it (Bahama Breeze, Landry's, Golden Corral) and these come in handy because there is only a food court in the complex, and a small restaurant at Courtyard. There is also a Disney Planning Centre on sight, as well as transportation to Disney, Universal and Sea World available. The transportation is very good - they give you a weekly time schedule and the drivers are great! They are very much on time and adhere to a strict schedule - we didn't feel like renting a car last year, and used the transportation shuttles all 10 days that we were there.

There is also a gym, business centre and kids club available if you need them, and the rooms and beds are very adequate as well. The rates are very good at this complex, and so I would highly recommend it. We are big Marriott fans (Silver Elite Status) and haven't hesitated to recommend this hotel complex to several people. One thing to watch out for though, when they first opened last year, they implemented a $7.50 per day resort fee. I knew about it from this board, but they did not tell me about it, nor was it on any of my confirmation emails. I did not pay this as there was much confusion as to what the resort fee was for. I have checked several times and there is no mention of it on the Marriott website (Marriott Village used to have its own website, but this is no longer available). I suspect that they are still implementing this, but it is tacked on as an addition to the guest's bill. Just wanted to warn you of this - they were more than willing to remove this charge, especially after I spoke to the hotel director of operations, who assured me that this resort fee had been the cause of several months worth of problems and frustrations on the part of staff and guests!

Have fun on your vacation, and enjoy this hotel complex!

Tiger

Can you give me info on the price for the little lake marriott and how you found it. We need a place a few nights before checking into okw, this is an idea location and used to come up on priceline, but not lately. Thanks Leslieh

FYI - Just checked on www.marriott.com for summer rates and they are showing Fairfield for several weeks in July at only $65.00 - $70.00 per night (King or double beds) with breakfast included. Just wanted to pass this along. Good luck!

Tiger

Try marriottvillage.com

the site has pictures of each resort and of the pool and village layout.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter