Married, no kids right NOW thread!

Imagineer5

DIS Veteran
I see a married w/o kids by choice thread, a singles thread, families thread...how about couples w/o kids at the moment thread?! We want to have kids within the next couple of years but right now we're just enjoying life!!

Any others like us?? I'm 27 and DH is 26, we live in MA (any other locals??) and we both love to travel. DH is slowwwwlllyyy getting onboard the Disney train :rotfl: but somehow I think I've got him convinced that we should do DVC so we're looking at that too!

However my main issue is that right now all our friends are still in the single stage and it's hard to find any couples that are in the same boat as us! Especially disney freaks like me!! :wizard:

Oh and as an aside, I'm also REALLY looking forward to the WWoHP opening. DH agreed to go this year mainly bc we'll be spending 2 days at Universal...hey whatever works!!

I guess you could consider Dh (31) and I (36), married no kids right now. We want children, but are unable to have any and we BOTH LOVE :love: Disney. It didn't take much convincing for either of us. We have several Furbabies, though.

As soon as DH's new job gets really kicked off, we are going to start saving for DVC, but really love to stay at Pop Century right now.

Dh has a friend that lives on our street that he hangs out with, they don't really include me. He is married and has 1 son (10). Other than that we don't have any friends, except each other. Well, I do have a friend at work and a friend that lives in Ft Myers.

We haven't been to US/IOA or Seaworld, only Disney Parks. We may go to Seaworld someday.

Suzanne

Hi! Great thread idea.

DH and I have been married for 4 years, 5 this November. We don't have kids, but would love some in the next year or so. We are both getting older (me 39 and him 41) so we have to really start planning. I love Disney, he really likes it.

Our plan is to go back in 2012 for the half marathon and this time will be going with family. It's always just been the two of us so this will be very different. I hope they will be excited as I am, this makes me a little nervous about this trip. DH is the runner as well as his brother, so it will be the wives spending time together along with a couple more family members.

It will get great getting to know other WDW fans who are in the same place in life. :goodvibes

Also in the same boat. DH [28] and I [26] have been married almost three years and are currently childless. Hoping to change that next year.

We also live in Massachusetts and we LOVE Disney. We have gone every year since 2004 and can't wait until our first ever road trip to the Mouse in April/May.

Imagineer5, excited about WWoHP doesn't even cover it for me. I am majorly geeking out over it :rotfl:

PrincessSuzanne, I HIGHLY recommend Sea World. Hubby and I are big fans. We really like Universal too, it's a lot of fun.

Finally a thread for us! :banana:

I'm married to my hubby for 4 years in June and been together for 10 years in April. We are 33 and 34. I work as a travel writer and travel to Disney and various other places throughout the year.

We would like to start ttc in the next year. We have tried before with no luck. Right now, we're just happy just being together. We're going to go to WDW and on a cruise this fall to celebrate our anniversary.

I'm going to D-Land next month for the opening weekend of the F&W festival and then in June for WWOHP/SWW

Anna

DH and I are on this boat as well. DH (37) and me (29). We've been married for 2 and a half years. Together for 7. We want kids just haven't been blessed yet.

It took him 4 years to actually propose to me and at least a good percentage of that time was because he was trying to get out of debt before we got married. I think we both wanted that stable life before we went with the whole family/kids thing...Now we hope we haven't waited too long! :eek:

DH loves to travel, as do I, and we go somewhere at least once a year. Even when we tell each other we can't afford it we find some way to do it. :rotfl:

We are going to WDW now in October. We are uber excited and can't wait. DH is on a planning frenzy right now. I think the rolls are reversed...during the planning stages I am the one that sits back and nods my head and says "Yes Dear!" :lmao:

Yay!! :cool1: There are others on here like me!! :goodvibes

Wow - crazy how many ppl want to start next year!! Shhh besides of course talking about it bt DH and me, we haven't told anyone but we're also hoping for one in the next year!! We're heading to Italy in April, and if it wasn't for WWoHP (SERIOUSLY!!) we'd start trying right away...but I definitely have to go on the Forbidden Journey!! :lmao:

So we'll be starting to try this fall sometime, and (am I the only one crazy enough to plan this) we hope to have a 2nd in 2013 (2 years apart) so that our next trip, after this fall, is in 2014 (ages 3 & 1 and by then, DVC owners...).

Obviously I know things won't go exactly as planned (BTW GOOD LUCK to those trying other routes now after being unsuccessful - I sincerely hope that works quickly for you :goodvibes ) but it's still nice to plan.

Oh and how could I have forgotten my current babies?? We have 2 dogs and 2 cats who are the joys of our lives.

To those locals - we live in Taunton, I work in Newport, RI, and DH works in Lexington, MA...hence the Taunton location (in the middle of our lovely drives...).

Thanks for all the replies!! I knew there had to be some ppl that didn't fit the current "married with.." or "single.." threads!

Yay!! :cool1: There are others on here like me!! :goodvibes

Wow - crazy how many ppl want to start next year!! Shhh besides of course talking about it bt DH and me, we haven't told anyone but we're also hoping for one in the next year!! We're heading to Italy in April, and if it wasn't for WWoHP (SERIOUSLY!!) we'd start trying right away...but I definitely have to go on the Forbidden Journey!! :lmao:

So we'll be starting to try this fall sometime, and (am I the only one crazy enough to plan this) we hope to have a 2nd in 2013 (2 years apart) so that our next trip, after this fall, is in 2014 (ages 3 & 1 and by then, DVC owners...).

Obviously I know things won't go exactly as planned (BTW GOOD LUCK to those trying other routes now after being unsuccessful - I sincerely hope that works quickly for you :goodvibes ) but it's still nice to plan.

Oh and how could I have forgotten my current babies?? We have 2 dogs and 2 cats who are the joys of our lives.

To those locals - we live in Taunton, I work in Newport, RI, and DH works in Lexington, MA...hence the Taunton location (in the middle of our lovely drives...).

Thanks for all the replies!! I knew there had to be some ppl that didn't fit the current "married with.." or "single.." threads!

Quincy, Ma checking in :wave2:

Let me just say that you are not the only crazy one super planning this kid thing. I am hoping to get pregnant in the Fall of 2011 so I can take maternity leave at the beginning of the summer. :banana:

So, I'm sitting here researching my upcoming articles. I'm writing about New Orleans tours, Epcot, and Eureka Springs. My brain feels tired today though. All I want to do is :happytv: :surfweb:

I guess it's because my D-Land trip is coming up and also my b-day!!!! I'm 33 April 6th. Kenny (hubby) is sending me to the spa for the day (mostly to get me out of his hair. LOL)

What's up with you?

Anna

I'm 23, DH is 22 but quickly approaching 23. We want to have kids, but we need a couple more years to get the hang of being grown-ups. Last summer DH graduated college, we got married, DH got a job, and we moved cross country. (And throughout all this we managed to take a two week honeymoon, which included WDW! :cloud9:) It's enough excitement for us for a while.

We're on the younger end of the married spectrum, but you'd be surprised how many people assume we want a baby right this second or already have one, as if that's the sole reason why anybody our age should get married. :confused3

We're DLR AP holders and I want to go back to WDW for its 40th (preferably, but I'd go sooner!), so I'm working to convince DH to get Premier Passports.

Oh I'll join! I'm 29 and DH is 36. We want to have kids but right now it is just not working out for us. We've been trying for a year and half with two losses. Right now we are just relaxing and enjoying eachother!

We're from NH and we usually go to WDW 2-3 times per year. We own DVC at Saratoga Springs but we stay everywhere!

We live in NH because that is where our family is. We wanted to raise our kids near them. But....since kids aren't in the near future I think we are moving to FL. If we can't have kids we can at least move to a warm area with lots to do!

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Yay, we're not the only ones. DH and I are both 32 y.o., have been married for 6 years and together for 11 years. Because we've been married for so long without kids people assume that we are having trouble having kids, or that we don't want them. Neither is the case, we just want a small family and to be stable before we have a kid. So in the next year and a half or so we'll start trying. We own DVC already and spoil ourselves rotten with our many trips to WDW.

I'll join! Dh (32) and I (26) have been married for about 5 years and it doesn't look like we will be able to have children without some medical intervention and we have not decided yet what route we will be taking.... if any.

We love going to Disney and go a few times per year. I am currently planning a trip in January 2011 to celebrate me finally graduating from college:cool1:

So, I'm sitting here researching my upcoming articles. I'm writing about New Orleans tours, Epcot, and Eureka Springs.

Dh and I got married at a chapel in Eureka Springs!! We are hoping to get back there someday!

I'll join! Dh (32) and I (26) have been married for about 5 years and it doesn't look like we will be able to have children without some medical interventionand we have not decided yet what route we will be taking.... if any.

We love going to Disney and go a few times per year. I am currently planning a trip in January 2011 to celebrate me finally graduating from college:cool1:

Dh and I got married at a chapel in Eureka Springs!! We are hoping to get back there someday!

Been there, done that and all I got was an empty wallet :rotfl2: Yeah, Most days I can laugh now, but I have to say that was the WORST time in my life and in our marriage.

Actually,n the reason we first started goig to WDW was because of the fertility problems. I had seen a show about the Ivory Coast Fertility statues at Ripley's Believe It or Not's Offices in Orlando and decided these were our last resort (and as you can see 5 years later it didn't work). I had also seen some info about the 2005 Happiest Celebration and decided to book a trip for my 32 birthday and we have been 11 more times since.

We are booked to got over Memorial Day Weekend, but DH has started a new job and can't (I should say won't) ask for a couple of days off (he is off that weekend) so I guess I might go Solo. I don't know what to do.

Suzanne

Oh I'll join! I'm 29 and DH is 36. We want to have kids but right now it is just not working out for us. We've been trying for a year and half with two losses. Right now we are just relaxing and enjoying eachother!

:angel: Sorry to hear about your losses. I can't even imagine being in the situations that some of you have mentioned. Not sure what route we'd decide, if we end up needing some external help.

Ppl (namely: in-laws!) always ask when we are having kids. We've been married 3 years, together for 7, so I guess we're pushing their buttons by waiting!! But, we def. want to travel and see the world and be financially ready as well, so that's why we waited. We're heading to Italy in 2.5 weeks!! :cool1: and I have so many trips planned even once we do (hopefully) have kids as I want them to experience the world.

So - do all of your DH's/DW's share your love for disney?? How about any more HP fans? :cheer2:

Hello! I've actually often wondered why there wasn't a thread like this.

DH and I will be 33 and 31, respectively, this summer. We'll be married 7 years in June and have been together for 11. We've always been big Disney fans and DH is a former College Program CM. We don't have kids yet, but will look to start trying in 2011. We have plans to visit WDW this fall for our last, no really, we mean it this time, trip to Disney (without kids).

We haven't really felt pressured to have kids yet. We're professionals and it's sort of the norm for those in our line of work for young folks to wait a little longer to start conceiving. The only person who's even suggested we should start trying soon is my poor, 90-year-old grandmother, who wants to see great-granchildren before she dies. I've told her she may just have to live with disappointment.

I've got a couple friends who are going to start trying this year. I'll let them go first and see how it works out.

Oh, and we are HP fans too. We'll be taking a quick side trip to Universal (our first) to see the WWoHP while we're in Florida.

:angel: Sorry to hear about your losses. I can't even imagine being in the situations that some of you have mentioned. Not sure what route we'd decide, if we end up needing some external help.

Ppl (namely: in-laws!) always ask when we are having kids. We've been married 3 years, together for 7, so I guess we're pushing their buttons by waiting!! But, we def. want to travel and see the world and be financially ready as well, so that's why we waited. We're heading to Italy in 2.5 weeks!! :cool1: and I have so many trips planned even once we do (hopefully) have kids as I want them to experience the world.

So - do all of your DH's/DW's share your love for disney?? How about any more HP fans? :cheer2:

Thanks! We're looking on he bright side now though. Right now we have so much more freedom to do things that our friends who have kids can't do! Like travel whenever we want to! And I can use our extra money for New Kid's on the Block concerts....:cool1:

My DH had been to Disney once before he met me and at least 10 times since he met me! He actually agreed to move there as soon as our house sells! So yes, I'd say he shares the love lol!

You're not the only one excited about HP! I'm hoping our house sells by this summer and on our house hunting trip we can sneak over to Universal for some HP fun!!

I love stories about how people met...so how did everyone meet their DH/DW?

Thanks! We're looking on he bright side now though. Right now we have so much more freedom to do things that our friends who have kids can't do! Like travel whenever we want to! And I can use our extra money for New Kid's on the Block concerts....:cool1:

My DH had been to Disney once before he met me and at least 10 times since he met me! He actually agreed to move there as soon as our house sells! So yes, I'd say he shares the love lol!

You're not the only one excited about HP! I'm hoping our house sells by this summer and on our house hunting trip we can sneak over to Universal for some HP fun!!

I love stories about how people met...so how did everyone meet their DH/DW?

How we met stories are my favorite too, great idea! :thumbsup2

Hubby and I met in college. We had an anthropology class together and there might have been some mild stalking on my part, nothing criminal of course ;) He finally panicked and went out with me :rotfl2: We bonded over a faunal analysis and it's been love ever since.

What a great idea for a thread! My DH (31) and myself (26) enjoy Disney - but I probably enjoy it a little more than him! (Okay - maybe WAY more...) We went to WDW for our honeymoon in January 2007, went again this past August to experience free dining, and are going in two weeks for spring break - and our first cruise! :goodvibes

We don't have any kids - and are waiting to see if we want any in the future. (We are enjoying being a couple - and taking those Disney vacations when we want!) We are very blessed with 4 nephews and a neice, all 5 years and under. Needless to say, holidays are full of excitement!

Looking forward to meeting more 'young' couples! :thumbsup2

Great thread idea!

Dh (27) and I (29) got married in August 2008, and will probably aim to start having kids next year.

I've been to Disney ~10 times, and got DH to Disney for the 2nd time last September. We're planning a Christmas trip to WL in December - and can't wait!!

I'm originally from MA (Foxboro) - it's fun to see all the other MA people! We live in VA now...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter