Marie's 140 by 40 journal (post 19-another new beginning)

kmp1191

<font color=red>Dorfus Chickendoodle at your servi
Ya know, that's one of my major questions! They are always talking about obesity in America....make liposuction affordable and we wouldn't have this problem!!
Ok...yes, I'm joking....mostly! (Just so ya know, if it was covered, I'd be under the knife!!)

Alright....some of you already know me. I'm Marie. I'm 39, married, 2 kids, 1 dog and 2 fish. I started on this adventure on the WISH a while ago...did pretty good for a while...then, like everyone else....life got in the way.
I did Jenny Craig from Jan 07 til May 07 and lost something like 28 lbs. Kept it off until....oh....October, then it started creeping back on. (When I started JC, I was 170 lbs.. In May I was 142lbs.) I weighed myself this morning (twice) and I'm at 158.4. My goal is to get back to 140(ish). DH and I usually try to walk 2 miles 4 times a week.

So...here we go again....the good, the bad....and everything in between.

Thanks for hangin' with me!
Marie
(or as kim calls me re-re)

eta-ok...this was previously "Why can't lipsuction be covered by insurance?" Which I still believe should be, but now i'm trying to be realistic and actually stay on track.
Help me out guys!

Ok....so Friday the girls in the office decide that we all need to get healthy. (DUH!!) Someone brings up the St. Joseph Medical Center Diet. (lose 10 lbs in 3 days)
So, to make a long story short....we started today.

B-1/2 grapefruit (I normally don't like grapefruit...it was actually good...might make this a habit) 1 slice toast (whole wheat of course) 2 tsp peanut butter.
L-1/2 cup tuna (dry, no mayo, no pickle relish, nothing)1 slice bread (whole wheat) 1/2 banana
D-3 oz of grilled chicken, 1 cup green beans, 1 cup beets, 1 small apple and later tonight, 1 cup vanilla icecream.
Water-80 oz so far
Exercise-2 mile walk w/ DH - 33 minutes

I realize that this diet isn't the right way to go, but I am learning portion control. Do you realize how much 1 cup of green beans really is??!! Especially when you don't care for them that much??!! Holy cow! :scared1:
(yes, i weighed my chicken before cooking, and only seasoned it with pepper.) The funny thing....this is actually a really good meal!

Tomorrow is gonna suck...I know it already. I'm psyching myself up for it....if I can get through lunch, I can get through anything!!!

See ya'll tomorrow!
re-re

thanks TSD! I was in a saracastic mood.....odd for me I know!!

Food yesterday:
B-1 egg (scrambled in the microwave), 1 piece of toast, 1/2 banana
L-1 cup cottage cheese(omg that stuff is nasty!!I ate about 1/2) 5 saltine crackers
D-2 hotdogs(no bun), 1 cup steamed broccoli,, 1/2 cup carrots 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream.
Water-approx 60 oz
Exercise-none to speak of.

My computer monitor wouldn't work last night....or this morning! I hope I don't need to buy a new one! DH thinks the thingy inside the computer that works the monitor went bad.....:confused3. Either way, it'll have to get fixed.

Oh....I'm selling my camera! It's time to upgrade! I'll let you know how all that goes later.....I have to get ready for work now. yay.

Have a good day ya'll!
re-re

Ok...today was rough....i mean ROUGH on the food front! (spoiler ahead)

I caved! I couldn't do it anymore!
B-5 saltines, 1 slice cheddar cheese
L-1 hard boiled egg, 1 slice bread (I put mustard on the bread, sliced the egg and at it as a sandwich.)
D-(was supposed to be 1 cup tuna, 1/2 cantelope, 1/2 cup beets, 1 cup cauliflower and 1/2 cup ice cream)I had 1 cheeseburger, 1 cup fries, med chocolate milkshake. (the kids were begging to go for dinner, how can I say no?
Water - 60 oz
Exercise-1 mile walk at lunch w/ co-workers. (they say this will become daily for us...we'll see.)
I did weigh this morning....156 even. Not bad. 2 days of basically no eating and I lost 2.5 lbs. The bad thing about this diet is, oh, besides not really eating, is that you get so drained! Today I could hardly keep my head up, got really dizzy and then I got a really bad headache....REALLY BAD. 3 ibuprofin later and i was better, but the dizzies didn't stop til after I actually ate.
I think I'll go back to my original plan....portion control, healthier choices and WATER!!

I think I also may change my title.....140 by 40. (that's my goal....to get to 140, and stay there til I turn 40...less than a year away!!!:sad1: :sad2:

ok....catch ya later!
re :drinking:

No exercise today....but eating wasn't too bad.

B-1/2 grapefruit, 1 piece toast w/ peanut butter
L-bacon & tomato sandwich on wheat, carrots w/ lt ranch
D-1/2 sloppy joe sandwich....yuck.
Water-60 oz...maybe a little less.
Exercise-housework....lots of it!

Sold my camera. The girl came and got it today and paid me for it. Hopefully I'll be able to order my new one within the next week or so. Give me time to get used to it before the May wedding I'm shooting. Anyway, other than that, nothing to exciting going on around here.

talk to ya soon!
re

I like your new goal, Marie! You CAN do it!:cheer2:

Glad to hear that your camera sold!:thumbsup2

Have a wonderful weekend!:hug:

Hey, Marie! Glad to have you back!

Way to go logging your food everyday. I just can't seem to get back in that habit. It helps me so much when I actually do it.

Your diet sounded interesting, but would not have worked for me for very long either. I think portion control is a better long term option anyway.

Take care! Hope you're having a great weekend!

Hey Amber....glad to be back!

Food Saturday-
B-don't remember...I don't think I had anything.
L-Reheated pizza-2 slices
D-snacky foods...chips, dip, bruschetta bread....(went to a b-day party for a friend)
Alcohol-4 pack margarita, 2 shots of patron silver :thumbsup2
Water-36 oz....if that.
Exercise-none

Food today-
b-raisin toast(brought to me in bed by DD....mommy's head hurt....)
l-none
d-don't know yet.

So, yesterday I went and got my new camera! LOVE IT!!! Canon 40D...sweet!
Today, our computer monitor went out.:sad2:
Needless to say, I budgeted and saved for the Camera....not for the monitor. Oh well....it's ok....I have alot of shoots lined up for April, plus I'm having a garage sale next weekend so I should recoup my expense. (plus I can use it as a write off on my taxes next year....gotta have a monitor for the photography business.)

Ok....gonna go hook up the monitor and download my pics from the party last night. Have a great evening ya'll!

re

Hi Marie,

I hope your head feels a bit better.;) THat was very sweet of your DD to bring you breakfast in bed. You have trained them well. I think portion control will work better too. You can definately make your goal.

Take care,
Beth

B-slimfast
L-slimfast
S-handfull of goldfish crackers
D-not sure yet....possibly a salad.....or tuna sandwich
Water-40 oz
Exercise-2 mile walk w/ DH & DS

Getting ready for a garage sale this weekend....I'll check back tomorrow.

re

hi marie! found your new journal!

your memphis tigers are looking good !

later!

:hippie:

FINAL FOUR BABY!!!! GO MEMPHIS GO!!!:cheer2: :cheer2:

Thanks Linda....we're watching them real close!! Can't wait til Saturday! UCLA is gonna be a tough one, but I think we can do it....I HAVE FAITH!!!

Ok...so food today:
B-slimfast, granola bar
L-slimfast
D-Honeynut Cheerios
Water-60 oz
Exercise-none....my head is killing me tonight!

Had a dr. appt today for my hearing. He says the surgery from 2006 seems to have handled the right ear, but now the left ear is at 40% loss. I told him I couldn't tell a difference in either ear because the ringing is still constant, and it still sounds like people mumble all the time. Anyway, He wants to do surgery within the next year...I told him we'd see what happens. Not in any rush...sometimes not hearing is a good thing...trust me!!

Later!
re

Marie, I worry that you are not eating enough! I think that might be contributing to your headache. Slimfast says two shakes and a sensible dinner... I'm not sure that Cheerios qualifies :hippie: I don't want you to starve yourself and then give up.

Your water intake is improving :cheer2: Keep it up!

Take care of yourself! Good luck on the garage sale!! :wizard:

Only had the cheerios cuz it was late and I didn't feel like making anything else.....

Yesterday's food-(wed)
B-slimfast / granola bar
L-slimfast
D-cheeseburger & corn
water-60 oz
exercize - setting up garage sale stuff

Today's food-(thurs)
b-granola bar
L-4 inch Firehouse Sub Sandwich - engineer
D-1 piece pizza
Water-36 oz....:sad2:
no exercise - still working on g-sale stuff.

Nothing exciting going on in my life these days. Thank goodness!! No move in sight, no family issues, no health issues...wow...I could get used to this!!

Gotta go put DD in the shower....then make G-sale signs. Catch ya'll later!

re

Ok...sorry I haven't checked in....oops..my bad!
Food over the weekend pretty much sucked.
No nice way to put it.
I woke up Friday and couldn't move my head/neck to the left. It hurt so bad I was almost in tears! I didn't lift anything at all...nothing heavy....actually, nothing. Anyway, DH really had to help me on Saturday w/ the garage sale....didn't make alot of money, but I could hardly move, so he had to be out there. Thank goodness that's over! Saturday night we went to the boss's house to watch the FINAL FOUR NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL GAME....GO MEMPHIS GO!!! Yeah....we beat UCLA!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Anyway, had steak, potatos, salad, brownies and 3 jumbo rum & cokes!! Had fun too!! Came home w/ blue hair!! Don't ask!
Anyway, Sunday had a little photo shoot, neck still hurting, took 3 ibuprofin...helped a little...came home, slept for 1 hr.....felt a little better. Don't remember the food for the rest of the weekend...go figure.
Today:
B-poptart
L-taco bell-2 taco supremes, lg sweet tea
D-don't know yet, but I'm sure it won't be healthy! I'm craving chinese food....:rolleyes:

Ok...so Memphis plays Kansas tonight at 8:30ish pm...root them on guys!!! We need this!!!

GO TIGERS GO!!!:cheer2: :cheer2:

I'll be back on my diet tomorrow. Gonna get the slimfast and salads going...I actually liked that.

OK, so when were you gonna tell me the party moved?? :confused3 Geez, nice way to ditch me, but quote me in your first post. :sad1:

Nah, I'm just kidding. I get in the habit of just hitting User CP right away and not seeing what's new. My bad. But I'm here now!!!

So, have you started back on the slimfast? :confused3 Don't get sidetracked - you can do it!! :cheer2: Make sure to get those romantical walks with your yummy DH. :love: And plan ahead! That's the key. Buy your lettuce and cut it all up and have it ready to go. Grill up some chicken or whatever and just grab some of that when you're hungry or looking for something for dinner.

That lose 10 in 3 days thing was NUTS!! It's no wonder you were dizzy, drained and had a headache! :headache:

HI KIMMY!!!!
Sorry I didn't tell ya where I was...heck, these past few days (weeks) I'm not even sure where I am!!
I am going to change the name of this journal....it's gonna be "140 BY 40"
My goal is to get BACK down to 140 and maintain it for my 40th birthday. That is totally doable as I won't be 40 until March 8th of 2009...or 2010...we'll see how I'm feeling...I just might want to stay 39 for a few more years.

The diet has sucked, and the exercise has been even worse. Yummy (?):lmao: DH has, and will be working nights through the summer, which sucks, so DS and I will be doing the power walks. He doesn't keep the pace as well, but he'll get there. I might even have him start running...we'll see. (If my dd doesn't stop singing Best of Both Worlds right now, I'm probably going to explode!!!:headache: ) Anyway, sorry about the sidetrack...it's a little nervewracking!!

Ok...so like I said 140 BY 40. WISH me luck! I'll post my food and exercise on here and ya'll can help me make the right choices. EASY & QUICK receipes are welcome as well!

ok...gotta go!
marie

Howdy ho!! (yup, I just called you a ho :laughing: ) So glad I joined the par-tay. :woohoo: YOU CAN DO THIS!!! I'm here for you 100%. Call, post, text, come visit...whatever you need. :goodvibes

Maybe the Hannah Montana CD needs to just disappear mysteriously. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter