MARCH BIRTHDAY MADRI GRAS MEET!

Molokai Gram

<font color=green>DIS Veteran<br><font color=magen
Aloha!

I will be at Hard Rock Hotel and Universal March 8-13. :)

Barry is going to come March 10-13 (and maybe the 9th too)! :)

Robinrs birthday is March 11 and she is going to try and make it! :)

JessicaR has a birthdy in March too and she hopes to meet with us too! :)

Reneenh is going to try and come! :)

Maybe we can get some of you that work at Universal to join us???? ;)

Kevin (Coyte) and Dave will be with us in thought and we will be sure to wave to them from the Globe! :D

Anyone else? Come on, we will have a wonderful time! :) We can celebrate the birthdays and Madri Gras!!! :) :D :)

Hauoli Makahiki Hou!
Donna

My birthday's not in march.. it's in January, and i'm hoping to get an annual pass ;) So i might be able to make it.

Side note: JP3 filming is returning to Hawaii in mid-January.. Gonna keep me updated with any news you can find Molokai? ;)
-Rob

I've already given this to God's will and so far He has NEVER let me down!

Count me in! :D

I'm filing my taxes as soon as I get my W2 to try to get back that big upfront tax cut from my yearly bonus last year... they take 41% :eek: and I usually get it back in the form of a refund. That should finance the March trip, especially since I already have a Jan and a May trip planned!! :eek:

Molokai, could you do me a Big Favor and check on rates for me at the Hard Rock for 3/8-3/12? I have an Entertainment card, not a Lowes, but will get one if necessary.

Thanks, Guys. I leave town Monday but I have to go pick up my son in Tennessee today.

God bless everyone!

-------------------------

MOM
Mother of Michael

Proverbs 3:5-6
esmeralda04.gif
<font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Rejoice in the Joy of the Season!</font></marquee>
<font color=purple>Co-Moderator of the Community and Universal/IOA Boards</font color=purple>

Hey MG, your mail keeps on bouncing back, so please check on it.

As for a meet, why just spend one day? Why not have a meet for the entire time! If you want, I can meet you for the entire time I will visit. We can visit Sea World or any of the other parks if you want, or we can just do Universal on all of the days. Let me know!

I don't think I will stay at the HRH or Portifino though. I can visit Universal once a year and stay at the expensive hotel, or visit Universal several times a year and stay at the cheap places. :D

guy.gif

Barry aka usagi
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

Aloha Robin,

We got our room at the HRH for $117.50 a night for 3/8-3/13 with the Entertainment card! And I just got my book with the discounts (we got the Orlando one - so we could take advantage of any retaurant etc deals while there). I hadn't realized the book would be so big! It is so thick, about 2.5 times the thickness of Kelly Monaghans book--and all discounts. The feature I like too is that it gives the menus of the restaurants so you can really decide before you leave which ones you want to try.

MAHALO TO ALL OF YOU FOR TELLING ME ABOUT THE ENTERTAINMENT CARD!!! :D I would have never known about it without your posts.

Robin if you are still here, have a wonderful time. Throw your lei in the water and if it returns, you will return...

;)

Donna,

A long weekend looks very doable! I will try for Hard Rock first and if that doesnt pan out will try Portofino. As much as I LOVED Portofino I would totally enjoy checking out Hard Rock! It will be an early B-day present for me. Mine is the 16th. Since we just returned from a trip with the kids I am in hopes of making this adults only!Hey I can dream ;) I think my sister needs some hands on quality time with her nephews! :eek: I think Universal/IOA must put something in the food, I for one am addicted to this place! Looking forward to meeting everyone that can go! :)

jessica5.gif

Aloha,

Giving this a bump.

Has anyone finalized their plans?

Anyone else going to join us? Please do. :)

Donna
:D

I can't believe I'm doing this, considering that we just got back home three days ago, I did book the HRH for March 9 - 11th at the $117 a night Entertainment rate and I was able to book us on a flight as well!!

Do you guys mind celebrating my June birthday with me a little bit early?!?

My kids would be coming with me too - boys 10 & 11 - who are rollercoaster/IOA/UA fanatics and who will be THRILLED to be back! :D :D

March AND JUNE birthdays, our April anniversary (won't say how many years after seeing how young Jessica is - well, I am a Gramma!), and Mardi Gras! And most of us staying at the HRH! Can you imagine??? Universal will never be the same. ;)

When would be a good day for all of you? March 10 or 11? We can also spend the entire time together, if that will work.

guy.gif

Barry Hom
The moderator formerly known as Barry aka usagi

Lets not forget Barry's B-day too! We all seem to have something to celebrate! Barry you have a late february b-day yes? :D

jessica5.gif

My birthday is on February 24. I better get a pony for my birthday! :D

guy.gif

Barry Hom
The moderator formerly known as Barry aka usagi

Barry, you will be celebrating with Dave early and then with the Ladies of Universal and you still want a pony??? Well, I guess I won't bother my friend , Betty Boop, about hooking up with you. (Is hook the right word??? ;) )

The following may change because I am looking for better airfare (I'm saving our big freebie for a poss CA trip this fall), but as of now we'll (my two children and I) will be arriving in Orlando around 7:30 PM on Friday, March 9th (after school & work) and departing from Orlando on Sunday evening around 9:15PM. That would give us two nights at the HRH & two full days at the park.

How about if we make a PS for Saturday night at one of Portofino's restaurants, Emeril's or poss a new restaurant at the HRH and celebrate our birthdays properly? :D I would prob have my kids participate in the kids program during this time.

I am so excited! I feel like you JessicaR - I LOVED the Portofino, but am looking forward to experiencing the HRH too. Acc to the pictures I've seen of the new hotel, the beds look just as comfortable (it looks like they are the same high beds and wonderful duvet covers) and it says that the rooms come equiped with a stereo system as the Portofino does. It may not be there much different, except for the themeing. :)

Barry you on a pony?? That would be a great make a caption for the CB board! Its your B-day soooo as my mom always said..."What ever your little heart desires"! :D

jessica5.gif

Linda your travel plans sound terrific! I am planning on the same dates. I am going to try however to stay until Monday eve.Or get there thursday eve. I just want as much time as possible! But if not we will be there fri to sunday as well. Love the suggestion of a dinner out with us all together! :D

jessica5.gif

Can I put DH in the kids program so we can celebrate without any restrictions? ;)
Nah, since it also supposed to be my anniversay gift, I suppose I should include him. :)

Just heard the whales are back so we are off to the beach again and whale watching! Talk to you all later. aloha :D

Lalalinca,Have you read or heard any details on the Kids program at HRH? Do you think it might fill fast? DH and myself wanted to get out for an ADULT dinner and watch the Bands in USF on Sat. nite the 10th. What was the fee at PBH? My babes are 9 and 7.

I really hope to get to see you guys!

Silly question but what does the D in DH,DS,etc. stand for? I am at a loss!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance,
Valarie

Lalalinca,Have you read or heard any details on the Kids program at HRH? Do you think it might fill fast? DH and myself wanted to get out for an ADULT dinner and watch the Bands in USF on Sat. nite the 10th. What was the fee at PBH? My babes are 9 and 7.

taff,
I used the Portofino camp for kids in December and I asked if it will be the same at Hard Rock and the answer was yes. Its terrific and the woman that we had at Portofino (Miss Carol) will be running the program at Hard Rock. She was great! The kids loved her and they didnt want to leave when we came to pick them up. They offered Nintendo,playstation, Computers, VCR's as well as games and books and they also made crafts with the kids. They get dinner included. On weekend's you can drop them off as early as 5P and pick them up by 12 midnight.The price was $45 for the first child and an additional $35 for each child after that. There wasnt a problem with booking up quickly when we were there but they did require 24 hour notice. Hope this helps! What month will you be there? If it is March, you have to try and join us! You mentioned the bands at USF? what is that about? Who will be there? Or did you mean City Walk? Thanks

:D

jessica5.gif

Hey JessicaR,

We will be at HRH March 9-14. Ooolala!

I called Uescape and they told me a Band will be in USF on the weekends during Mardi Gras. I feel certain she meant in the park because I asked if there would be an additional fee and she said, "oh no, just the price of park admission."
They also said to call back next week for a schedule of Bands. Neat huh?
Perhaps I'll call back, I'd hate to mislead everyone.

Please ease my curiousity. What is the "D" in DD,DS,etc?

Valarie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter