March 22, 2012 Dream SSMC Reunion AKA "It's all Gary's Fault" Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDWLVR

<font color=green>DVC @ The Boardwalk</font><br><f
Welcome everyone! This is for the March 22nd sailing of the Disney Dream. A reunion of friends from the 2008 and 2009 Member Cruises but we love meeting new people and are hoping many others join us as well.

Mark and I will be happy to do the web page and buttons as we have on our past cruises.

Website Click here If you want to be included please send your info and picture to marygums 'at' covad.net

Facebook Group

Thanks to Dave for setting up our own Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_137131636336581

Buttons Cut-off is February 29th

As in past years we will make gifts of buttons to all the DISers and their families. We do this as a way to identify the DISers to each other. We ask only 3 things: 1) you must be a poster on the DIS. In the past we've had people who just found our site via web searches. 2) we ask for your cabin number for the buttons so we can deliver them if you miss the meet. If you want your cabin posted on the site and in the mini navigator so others can find you great - if you want it kept secret we will do that as well. 3) only ask for a button if you are going to wear it. They do cost money and we would hate to waste the money if you aren't going to wear it.

DIS Meet(s)

We'll have an onboard DIS meet the day we sail. In the past we've done this at 3pm in the Promenade Lounge (on the Wonder). We'll work out something similar on the Dream. This is a great time to meet and mingle with your fellow cruisers, pick up your buttons and we'll even have some prizes for our pirate and swam winners.

Pirates/Swans

A a little game we play on the thread based on each 99th post and each 100th post. Gary (OKWMEMBER) who gave us the game on the 2008 thread has volunteered to be the pirate master this year as well. From Gary:

A reminder on how the Swan/Pirate game works:

To get a swan,
Every 99th post = 1 ES
Every 499th post = 2 ESes
Every 999th post = 3 ESes

t get a pirate.
Every 100th post = 1 Pirate
Every 500th post = 2 Pirates
Every 1000th post = 3 Pirates

OK, In the interest of fair play and WWWD (What would Walt do), I would like to propose some simple rules for the Swan and Pirate game.
If there is only one swan/pirate at stake and you don't have one yet, please wait until 95 posts are in for that run, then GO NUTS WITH THE POSTS!!!
Also, when there's more than one Swan/Pirate on the line, please don't do the multiple post thing. That's more in the spirit on the game,
to get more people involved in the thread. OK, I'm off my soapbox now. These are the rules we had on the other thread I had the game on.
I hope no one is offended and we have a great time with the game.

Your Humble Pirate Master,
Gary

The Sunrise Club with your hosts Dave & Sue

Once onboard come meet up in the early morning near the drink station with your fellow DISers and your drink of choice (coffee, tea, Pepsi are all welcome). A great way to review the previous day and have some fun. Last time we even learned how to make towel animals.

Linked Dining Linked dining is now closed.

Thanks to Dianne for her hard work coordinating the linked dining for the group.

Ok Linked dining has been set, we have

Main Dining a table for 8 and 6...close together

Mark and Mary
Kathy
Michael and Dianne
Tom and Ellen
Gary and Gail
Christine and Stewart
Stephanie and Kendra (I sent you a message)

Late Dining a table of 12

Chris and Bobby
Monika and Michael
Dave and Tanya
Julie and Joe
Lisa and Jill
Sue and Gail

Pre-Cruise DIS Meet

In the tradition of past cruises Mark and I will be hosting a pre-cruise DIS meet. This time it will be at our Treehouse at SSR for a BBQ on the March 21st. We'll be supplying the basics (hot dogs, burgers, chips, etc.). Drinks are BYOB. Details as we get closer including finding a way to get the Treehouse number out to everyone. We're looking at starting around 5 pm.

Fish Extender Gifts Cut-off is February 26th

Monika has volunteered to coordinate the Fish Extender list. Sign up to share little gifts with your fellow cruisers and to get gifts in return in your Fish Extender.

Send a private message to Monika on the Disboards or on Facebook.

Include your names & dis name, cabin #, names and ages of children.

Update...Fish Extender List of Participants:

Dianne (djstweety)
Michael (msgrumpy)

Mary (WDWLVR)
Mark (MarkRG)

Kathy (QuiltTeddy)
Fred-DH

Sue (Susieq55)
Gail-DBFF

Ray (rbcheek)
Barbara-DW
Viky-DSIL

Tacey (Snowwhitebelle)
Crystal-DD

Charlie (MNBROOKE)**
Joni-DW
Brooke-DD age 8
Tiffany
Jeremy
Chloe-age 7
Abbie-age 11

**2 Families...Charlie, Joni & Brooke / Tiffany, Jeremy, Chloe & Abbie

Monika (Time4DisneyNow)
Michael-DH (Time2Go2Disney)

Jan (WinnipegTraveller)
Eric
Saul- age 5

Gary (OKWMEMBER)
Gail DW

Lisa (FaithTrustnPixieDust)
Jill-DBFF

Donna (Disneyelf10)
Sean

Susan (cardidog)
Terri DF

Stephenie (bitvoy)
Kendra-DD age 18

Karen (kbrush)
Alexandra (Allie)-DD age 8
Carly (Alexandra's DBFF) age 8

What you can do!

First and foremost become a regular poster. Many of us know each other but if you are new or have sailed with some and not others here's your chance to get to know everyone. The thing we have found is that while cruising DCL is great - it is the friends we've made that have made it special!

The Pirate Master is reporting for duty!!!

AAAAARRGH!!!! pirate:

How exciting!!!! We're in too!!!!!

Gary and Dave...Michael and I did the 2008, 2009 members cruises but we never met...I am looking forward to meeting you and your DW's (Gail & Tanya) and seeing everyone else again!!!!

Mary and Mark...thank you for starting the thread.

Looking forward to chatting with you all....

YIPPEE !!!! We Did It!!

I'm soooooo happy about this cruise! I can't believe we did it - we found a date for all of us so that we can all cruise together again!! I look at our pictures all the time, especially our anniversary photo with Chris & Bob and Dave & Tanya that I have in the ssmc09 picture frame, and I really and truly miss all of you!

I Can't Wait!!

Mary, I think you usually book your cruises through a TA. Do you think your TA could do the bookings for all of us, like a group thing and can he/she get any perks by doing that? Just thought I'd ask!

We are booked! Just got off the phone. We'll be on deck 8.

Sue - yes we book through a TA. I'll send you some info on facebook. Not sure if there are any perks or discounts but they do a great job.

WOO HOO...going to see all of you from the member cruise and from facebook. Very excited, something to look forward to and plan my FE gifts early...get the brain in gear. I might be able to talk my adult children into joining now that it is this far out...they can save their sheckles!

This is going to be fun and Suzi, I expect to see you sneaking in to win the pirates and swans!

Susan

Congrats to everyone that booked!

Now I just have to do some crunching with points and see if we can swing it.

:surfweb:

This is so EXCITING. We are going to try and get out room booked tomorrow. Bobby has one all picked out. :thumbsup2

The only thing though, he said that if there is any splashing in the pool he's not going! :lmao::lmao: Just Kidding Sue. He said he is going to practice in the pool at the BW in November! :rotfl:

Yay!!:banana:Tanya has no conflicts, we will be calling MS tomorrow to make the reservation! Just the two of us :cool1: VERY EXCITING!!

Hi everyone we are in, and booked and on deck 6. I cannot believe we are really doing this, very exciting.

Sunshine club here we come:banana::banana::banana:

:woohoo::woohoo:

We are booked! Deck 8.

Disney Dream - March 22, 2012 look out here we come!!!!!!

Oh Wow! I just asked the question on the other thread if anyone had booked yet and here you all are.

HAVE I MENTIONED HOW EXCITED I AM? :confused3

This is so EXCITING. We are going to try and get out room booked tomorrow. Bobby has one all picked out. :thumbsup2

The only thing though, he said that if there is any splashing in the pool he's not going! :lmao::lmao: Just Kidding Sue. He said he is going to practice in the pool at the BW in November! :rotfl:

:woohoo::woohoo:

We are booked! Deck 8.

Disney Dream - March 22, 2012 look out here we come!!!!!!

Tomorrow???? You couldn't even wait 5 hours by the look of the time stamps.
:lmao:

:lmao:

Lisa - no we couldn't wait. After getting home from the last home football game and Sr. Parent Night at school we booked. :yay: Just couldn't wait. We are so excited to cruise with everyone again.

Are you going to try and join? Hope so. :flower3:

Good Morning Sunrise Club. Hope every one is well. Its kind of funny how this all worked out.

On the SSMC09 cruise we deposited for a future cruise, well we never took it. and they had placed us on a dec 5th cruise date,

Well they had also attached a travel agent, that we did not have and they could not reach them, to contact us about paying for the Dec 5th cruise, which we never intended to take. So I had to pick another cruise yesterday, and since it was sounding pretty sure about the March 22, 2012 sailing, I booked it while at work. Only to find out, that is the cruise that was decided upon for sure, when I got home from work. It really made me feel good.:thumbsup2

Have a great day!

Good morning everyone!

I'm so excited to see this coming together and seeing that so many of you have already booked. This is going to be fun!

Dianne - that is great that it worked out like that. See everything happens for a reason. Now you have to change your signature because pirate: and :bride: are back!

Good Morning Sunrise Club. Hope every one is well. Its kind of funny how this all worked out.

On the SSMC09 cruise we deposited for a future cruise, well we never took it. and they had placed us on a dec 5th cruise date,

Well they had also attached a travel agent, that we did not have and they could not reach them, to contact us about paying for the Dec 5th cruise, which we never intended to take. So I had to pick another cruise yesterday, and since it was sounding pretty sure about the March 22, 2012 sailing, I booked it while at work. Only to find out, that is the cruise that was decided upon for sure, when I got home from work. It really made me feel good.:thumbsup2

Have a great day!

Dianne - that is so cool. :yay: for your luck! Guess that means it was supposed to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter