Marathon Weekend 2022

Has anyone been able to apply the new AP discount to their hotel reservation for MW weekend? I have two reservations and neither worked with the discount. Gran Destino Tower and Port Orleans Riverside.

Side note - I will be releasing my Riverside room. I was waiting to see what the discounts were. So if you are still looking for a room we can try to coordinate so you can grab it.
Oh I didn't know there was an AP discount for January! Thanks I'll look into it!

Arno makes some great videos, it's crazy he doesn't get more views. Guess he doesn't hit the algorithms right. But yeah, the 2020 marathon was insanely hot. I know I just wanted it to be over.
Really great videos. Honestly it convinced me to go with the Dopey instead of just the marathon (he has vids for all four races from 2020). Here's the marathon vid if anyone wants to check it out:

I tried to see what the discounted rates for Pop would be and apply them if lower, but I could not see any availability.
Yeah I just looked and there was no availability showing *anywhere*. Like not a single hotel room available.

Really great videos. Honestly it convinced me to go with the Dopey instead of just the marathon (he has vids for all four races from 2020). Here's the marathon vid if anyone wants to check it out:

Congrats on going Dopey (pun intended)!!! Between him and RezRuns their videos really give some great pov of the races, and helped me prepare and stay motivated for my first ones.

So hoping they release a general discount! Although, as noted I'm not sure there are actually any rooms left for MW.

I was hoping that some of the experienced RD runners could help me out with spectator information. We are staying at AKL in January. If my wife wanted to try to go to MK to watch me run through the castle (Yay! So excited!!!), how would she go about getting in before the park opens?

I was hoping that some of the experienced RD runners could help me out with spectator information. We are staying at AKL in January. If my wife wanted to try to go to MK to watch me run through the castle (Yay! So excited!!!), how would she go about getting in before the park opens?
Just show up, and go right in. The monorail will be running, and it’s easy enough to just stake out a spot and enjoy watching the race.

We're staying at AKL as well! What I have done in the past is take the runners bus with my husband to the start line at the Epcot parking lot. I hang out with him until he goes to the corrals then walk over and take the monorail to Magic Kingdom. They keep everyone outside the gates until the first wave starts then let everyone in (after security check but no ticket or anything needed.) You can line up along main street or in front of the castle (some areas are reserved for Cheer Squad). I love spectating because there's a lot of camraderie, with everyone cheering for each other's runners as well as their own. Bathrooms and Casey's are open as well.

Yeah I just looked and there was no availability showing *anywhere*. Like not a single hotel room available.
Do you have a room booked already? Normally when a discount gets announced you can apply it to existing reservations, but I wasn't able to do it this time. Makes me think the discount isn't available for MW because I checked almost right away.

Do you have a room booked already? Normally when a discount gets announced you can apply it to existing reservations, but I wasn't able to do it this time. Makes me think the discount isn't available for MW because I checked almost right away.
Yes I have a room booked at the Dolphin, because prices were so high at Disney resorts. Come to think of it, I may be sitting on a Pop Century reservation too that I never canceled. Maybe I'll look to see if I can apply it to that, if I still have it. Thanks.

My TA wasn’t able to get the discount applied to my MW CBR stay, either. She said it was because they were totally booked for MW.

My TA wasn’t able to get the discount applied to my MW CBR stay, either. She said it was because they were totally booked for MW.

Wow. This makes me even more happy that I was able to rent a DVC reservation at AKL. My four nights in a value studio will cost me $150 less than 4 nights at Pop. Add in free parking, and that's another $100 bucks--enough to make renting a car even more worth it. I'm not sure in what universe $200+/nt at Pop qualifies as "Value resort".

Wow. This makes me even more happy that I was able to rent a DVC reservation at AKL. My four nights in a value studio will cost me $150 less than 4 nights at Pop. Add in free parking, and that's another $100 bucks--enough to make renting a car even more worth it. I'm not sure in what universe $200+/nt at Pop qualifies as "Value resort".

Disney is insane right now with pricing. I had a room booked at Swan as my backup plan in case Disney “discounts” were non existent. A resort view room with balcony for 6 nights (including taxes and resort fees) was the same price as a standard room at CBR. It’s been comical watching rooms getting dumped left and right at the 30 day mark when package balances are due.

Friendly reminder that if you want to make any ADRs for your MW trip that we are almost to the availability opening for us!
Tomorrow (Friday) for Tuesday (4th) arrivals
Saturday for Wednesday (5th) arrivals
Sunday for Thursday (6th) arrivals
Monday for Friday (7th) arrivals
Tuesday for Saturday (8th) arrivals

Friendly reminder that if you want to make any ADRs for your MW trip that we are almost to the availability opening for us!
Tomorrow (Friday) for Tuesday (4th) arrivals
Saturday for Wednesday (5th) arrivals
Sunday for Thursday (6th) arrivals
Monday for Friday (7th) arrivals
Tuesday for Saturday (8th) arrivals

Which begs the question - Where are people booking celebratory dinners?

I had originally planned on artist point to see dopey post my first Dopey run, but it's closed. Now thinking DS, maybe boat house or wine bar george.

Which begs the question - Where are people booking celebratory dinners?

I had originally planned on artist point to see dopey post my first Dopey run, but it's closed. Now thinking DS, maybe boat house or wine bar george.

Can't say that this is a big deal for me. Last year, I went to Homecomin' in DS because there were discounts for MW participants and a fried chicken sandwich and a beer sounded really good.

This time I am fortunate to be staying at AKL, and I love Sanaa, so that may be it for me. While I like the food options at Boma, I don't eat a tone of food at any given meal, so it's all sort of lost on me,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter