Marathon Weekend 2020

Proof of Time says Oct 9, 2018. Assuming they mean 2019, the Chicago people get screwed yet again. I fail to understand why rD can't wait a week and allow people to use times from one of the biggest races in the country.
Wouldn't that be Track Shack not rD? Must be something with the way they do things.

Wouldn't that be Track Shack not rD? Must be something with the way they do things.

I'm sure Track Shack has a timeline and a process they want to follow to get all the times verified and corrals assigned. Still, if rD wanted to let people use Chicago, they could say so and Track Shack would have to improve their process to suit. With entries down the way they are, it can't take as long now as it did two years ago.

Do they still have early registration for annual pass holders? I have to study up on all the benefits of having it.

I'm hoping things don't sell out this year, because I'm not willing to commit in April. I'll decide in September, but I guess if the Dopey sell out I wasn't meant to run it.

I'm hoping things don't sell out this year, because I'm not willing to commit in April. I'll decide in September, but I guess if the Dopey sell out I wasn't meant to run it.
I don't think things will sell out in April but I do expect things to be more popular with star wars open and the anniversary.

Last edited:
I don't think things will sell out in April but I do expect things to be more popular with star wars open and the anniversary.
I'm going to be really interested to see the impact of Galaxy's Edge on the Race. I definitely think the parks and hotels will be more crowded but I am not sure how directly it will relate to race entries (particularly for the challenges). I managed to upgrade my son and I's 10k bibs during princess weekend because the agents were having a hard time selling bibs. While I definitely feel bad for the TA's that are having to deal with this, it is kind of nice to be able to get a discount on bibs.

I'm going to be really interested to see the impact of Galaxy's Edge on the Race. I definitely think the parks and hotels will be more crowded but I am not sure how directly it will relate to race entries (particularly for the challenges). I managed to upgrade my son and I's 10k bibs during princess weekend because the agents were having a hard time selling bibs. While I definitely feel bad for the TA's that are having to deal with this, it is kind of nice to be able to get a discount on bibs.
Overall this year is slow until the Fall. Disney has free dining in the Summer something they never do. I fully expect people who were looking to run and pair this with a vacation like many do to do so in 2020. So I expect some sell outs but nothing on the first day like before. Probably 5K, 10K, and maybe Dopey. I also expect goofy registrations to rise a little bit due to the anniversary. Obviously we don’t have themes for the 5K and maybe 10K yet which could change how fast those sell.

Overall this year is slow until the Fall. Disney has free dining in the Summer something they never do. I fully expect people who were looking to run and pair this with a vacation like many do to do so in 2020. So I expect some sell outs but nothing on the first day like before. Probably 5K, 10K, and maybe Dopey. I also expect goofy registrations to rise a little bit due to the anniversary. Obviously we don’t have themes for the 5K and maybe 10K yet which could change how fast those sell.
It would be nice if they announce the themes BEFORE registration opens this time. But, I’m not counting on it...

That's an interesting thought. It could also play into the lower demand for runDisney that has shown recently. I know that there have been concerns that people have been putting off vacations till Disney until after GE opens. I hadn't thought about that impacting runDisney.

I know that there have been concerns that people have been putting off vacations till Disney until after GE opens. I hadn't thought about that impacting runDisney.
People really are. Disney is worried right now about Summer with the discounts they are offering then. You never used to see discounts like that. Don't expect the usual Fall discounts this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter