Marathon Weekend 2018

Sundays are for Disney:

There are a lot of characters I haven't seen that I would like to see on the course at a runDisney race:

-Taffyta, Candlehead, and Rancis from Wreck-It Ralph
-Gadget, Zipper and Monterrey Jack from Rescue Rangers
-Eeyore
-Figment

There are a probably more that I can't think of right now and I don't stop for many characters, so maybe I'm not the best litmus test in this area. I would definitely take time to stop if I saw any from this group out during a race.
The Rescue Rangers would be awesome!

Sundays are for Disney:

This one is SO easy! Carl Fredricksen from Up!!! Every runDisney event, our entire family is searching for Carl. It started at the 2014 Princess Half Marathon when it seemed hilariously funny to think of someone as random and grumpy as Carl at a princess race. And there would be no line for the photo! We have never stopped for characters, but we all agree that we would make an exception for Carl!!

I'm posting this with the caveat that I didn't stop for characters during the marathon and I don't intend to stop for the 2019 marathon. Maybe when I start doing this more for fun and include rides, etc. Since I wear my phone on my arm, getting photos with characters isn't really a viable option.

That said...

#1 Mike Wazowski and Sully
#2 Buzz and Woody
#3 The Incredibles

I'm all about the villains. Saw a race where Hades was out and I'd love to get Maleficent. I know she's been out before on races but I always missed her for other villain trade outs.

I'd like if they'd have Dopey out this year on the actual route instead of pre or post race.
I think Dopey on course would be hard. So many people want that photo with him before and after the race. That said I’d love to see other dwarves on course.

I'm all about the villains. Saw a race where Hades was out and I'd love to get Maleficent. I know she's been out before on races but I always missed her for other villain trade outs.

I'd like if they'd have Dopey out this year on the actual route instead of pre or post race.
This would also be my exact response!

I think Dopey on course would be hard. So many people want that photo with him before and after the race. That said I’d love to see other dwarves on course.

The first year, and perhaps a couple others, they had Dopey out right outside the entrance into Epcot at the end of the Marathon. It was, IMO, the perfect place for him. The line was very short because lines at the end of the Marathon are always the shortest of the week and it gave all the Dopey runners a chance for a photo at a point where they were virtually assured of achieving their goal.

You can put him on the course for the half. I get not doing it for the full as it is the final race in the challenge series.

The first year, and perhaps a couple others, they had Dopey out right outside the entrance into Epcot at the end of the Marathon. It was, IMO, the perfect place for him. The line was very short because lines at the end of the Marathon are always the shortest of the week and it gave all the Dopey runners a chance for a photo at a point where they were virtually assured of achieving their goal.
Yep - I was running the Goofy one year but got a picture with Dopey there.

Sundays are for Disney:

This one is SO easy! Carl Fredricksen from Up!!! Every runDisney event, our entire family is searching for Carl. It started at the 2014 Princess Half Marathon when it seemed hilariously funny to think of someone as random and grumpy as Carl at a princess race. And there would be no line for the photo! We have never stopped for characters, but we all agree that we would make an exception for Carl!!

He was out with Dug and Russell during Disneyland Half and it was AMAZING.

After waking up and eating lunch, and watching a bit of the Eagles game, I think I have a real answer.

I'd love to see a few actors playing their characters on the course Johnny Depp as Capt. Jack Sparrow, Mark Hammil as Luke Skywalker, Zoe Saldana as Lt Uhura Neytiri.

Then again, if someone realized it's not a Cast Member, but the actual actor, they'd get completely mobbed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter