mar 23rd cruise

bengals01

DIS Veteran
just back from 3/23 cruise, it was magical, they get better and better, drove from ohio on friday night, got to the port around 10:00 am, had to wait 10 minutes before they would let us in to drop off luggage, after dropping off luggage, went upstairs, had to wait till about 10:45 before we could register, after registering got in line were the 3rd family, started boarding 12:10, was up on deck 9 at 12:20, mickey pool was not open and no hamburgers, sat up on deck 9 until 3:45 and then went to room, luggage was there, went to drill and then back up on deck 9 for sailaway party, great weather, weather for whole cruise was great, This was my fourth cruise in 14 months so we just sat around and ate, drank and sun bathed, head servers are getting a lot better, stephan was our head waiter, he came about 2 or 3 times a night and made sure i got my special appetizer every night. Food was great at all restaurants. Our servers were Zoran and Hemant, they were great, On Tuesday we walked into town and did shopping, and then walked back to ship for lunch, after lunch we went to mullet bay, No crowds, and got to see airport. On Wednesday we went to coki beach, very crowded but beautiful, then we got a tour of whole island because taxi driver had to drop off people at other places, only cost us $7.00 a person, They call the speed humps there, sleeping policeman, We then had lunch and took taxi into town and did a little shopping then walked back, Thursday was character breakfast, MInnie or Dale never came to table, Then sunbathed all day, Friday beautiful day at Castaway Cay, went to adult beach, they had lobster at adult beach, my husband said it was great, then spent rest of time in a chair in the water, water was very warm, saw star fish and other fish at adult beach, at 3:30 they closed the water and went back to ship, very long lines, took a while to get back on. On saturday we had late breakfast and were in car by 8:50 and went to disney world for a few hours, We finally made it home on Sunday at 4:45 am,
Will be taking a 3day in september, taking advantage of $99 deal from cruising in January,
I talked to a woman who renewed their marriage vows. She said it was worth every penny, She said they had a two layer cake, and champagne, The captain was there and also her servers. She said her bouquet was beautiful, she said it was so heavy, had red and white roses, She said when she went back to room they had it decorated and a basket of goodies, They also found a room for their children for the night, They even had a cake for them at palos that night,

Thanks for posting.....it was great hearing about the wedding vow renewal....did she say how much it cost. Sounds like something I would like to do!!!!! I thought that was cool that they found a room for the kids for the night!!! What a hoot!!!!

MJ

The Mickey pool wasn't open when you first boarded? I was hoping to let my kids swim awhile right off the bat, before it became too crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter