Mandymouse's Fantastic Fantasy Cruise .. and then another one (Complete)

The cars area looks great. May head over to have a look on our next trip :)

Cant wait to read all about the Fantasy :)

Great day, I would have loved to have seen the village people :cool1:

Another great update Mandy. The Monsters Inc topiary is really great - in fact, they are all amazing.

Thanks for the pictures from AoA as well. We are thinking of heading over there to have a nosey in November, if we get time.

Our trip this year is me, Gary, Daniel and Sian - I am so pleased she has decided to come with us this year. She is really looking forward to the cruise.

Can't wait for the cruise part of your trippy. Do you prefer the Fantasy to the smaller ships?

What a lovely day, Mandy. We absolutely love The Cheesecake Factory, and your had one of our favourites - the shepherd's pie. Even the smaller lunchtime portion is huge, isn't it?

I'm on board (excuse the pun! ;))...

As soon as my baba was in bed I was on this laptop to read :rotfl: I love a good Mandy trippie! :thumbsup2

And I love the look of AoA! Wow! I may have to persuade the troops we need to stay there next trip...The Little Mermaid area appeals to me...for my little Princess of course *cough, cough* :lmao:

Great start Mand, loved reading. Looking forward to more! :)

You must be so excited Corinna, have you done a pre-trippy ? I look forward to reading about your trip ::yes::

Yes, definitely excited. This time next week I should hopefully be in Atlanta waiting on my flight to Los Angeles. There is no pre-trippy. I have to say I was tempted as I have acute trip report withdrawal symptoms, but I have been silly busy recently.

You had another very busy day. I love the perspective of Illuminations against the backdrop of the Monsters University topiaries. Art of Animation looks amazing. This Spiced Rum Dole Whip sounds delicious.

Corinna

Ironing can always wait!

::yes::

Great illuminations photos. Cruise time baby!

The cars area looks great. May head over to have a look on our next trip :)

Cant wait to read all about the Fantasy :)

Great day, I would have loved to have seen the village people :cool1:

Thanks guys :) Rachel, I was most excited to see the Village People, sad eh ? :rotfl2:

Another great update Mandy. The Monsters Inc topiary is really great - in fact, they are all amazing.

Thanks for the pictures from AoA as well. We are thinking of heading over there to have a nosey in November, if we get time.

Our trip this year is me, Gary, Daniel and Sian - I am so pleased she has decided to come with us this year. She is really looking forward to the cruise.

Can't wait for the cruise part of your trippy. Do you prefer the Fantasy to the smaller ships?

How exciting Joh, it's lovely that Sian wants to come away with you all :)

The Fantasy is my favourite ship, but I must admit that I kept reminiscing about the Magic when we were onboard. To be honest I would be happy to sail on any of the ships, it would be the itinerary that would be the most important ::yes::

What a lovely day, Mandy. We absolutely love The Cheesecake Factory, and your had one of our favourites - the shepherd's pie. Even the smaller lunchtime portion is huge, isn't it?

Yes the Shepherd's Pie is amazing Theresa, and Paul ordered extra fries thinking that the lunch time portion would be small, he hardly touched them, it was probably what we would call a normal dinner size to us :)

I'm on board (excuse the pun! ;))...

As soon as my baba was in bed I was on this laptop to read :rotfl: I love a good Mandy trippie! :thumbsup2

And I love the look of AoA! Wow! I may have to persuade the troops we need to stay there next trip...The Little Mermaid area appeals to me...for my little Princess of course *cough, cough* :lmao:

Great start Mand, loved reading. Looking forward to more! :)

LOL, don't blame Samantha Rachel :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Yes, definitely excited. This time next week I should hopefully be in Atlanta waiting on my flight to Los Angeles. There is no pre-trippy. I have to say I was tempted as I have acute trip report withdrawal symptoms, but I have been silly busy recently.

You had another very busy day. I love the perspective of Illuminations against the backdrop of the Monsters University topiaries. Art of Animation looks amazing. This Spiced Rum Dole Whip sounds delicious.

Corinna

Yes the Spiced Rum Dole Whip was very nice, wish I'd had time for another one (or two) :rotfl:

Saturday 20th April

Yay, it's Cruise Day!!!!!!!

I was up around 6.30am and once showered and changed, we packed up the few things we had unpacked. We left the Pop Century around 7.45 and headed for Port Canaveral. The hour journey was uneventful and it wasn't long before we could see the red funnels of the Disney Fantasy in the distance. We carried on towards Cocoa Beach, saw where we needed to return our rental car (Enterprise), and stopped at McDonalds for sausage & egg McMuffins. Next we had a mooch around Ron Jon's where I bought a couple of tops and Paul got a shirt and baseball cap

DSC00306_zpsa4749497.jpg

DSC00305_zpsc352a78a.jpg

DSC00303_zps6aa76295.jpg

DSC00302_zps1114dc50.jpg

Once we were shopped out we popped back to Fishlips near the port to take a couple of photos, then dropped the car back at Enterprise

DSC_7810_zps5643943f.jpg

DSC_7812_zpsb24feba8.jpg

DSC_7815_zpsf8d129cf.jpg

DSC_7817_zpsb0306245.jpg

The people at Enterprise told us that the shuttle bus was unable to take us to the port for half an hour as there had been a security alert and DCL weren't allowing anyone to offload (not sure that was true, more likely they were running late, as there was no mention of it when we got there). Thankfully the half hour didn't drag and it wasn't long before we were on the bus heading to our ship

We arrived at the port around 10.50am, and over the next half an hour everything happened so quickly that I didn't have time to take it all in. We handed our luggage over to the porters and once we had shown our ID at the entrance to the terminal we were guided up the escalators to the security up there. Once through security we noticed that the terminal was already very busy, we looked for the non-US check-in line which was no longer there. We joined the main line which moved very quickly and within 5 minutes we were being checked in. As we are Platinum Castaway Club members we were given boarding number 1 (yay!!), and within minutes of receiving our Room Keys our number was called. I was in a bit of a flap as we hadn't had time to take any of the usual photos in the terminal or on the balcony, though Paul reminded me that we could do it next week when we re-boarded for the 2nd leg of our back-to-back cruises

DSC_7819_zpsded3af9b.jpg

DSC00314_zps97cc485f.jpg

DSC00315_zpsbf8d7b92.jpg

DSC00316_zpsfd222c52.jpg

Within no time we were boarding the ship and it was announced 'welcome aboard the Martindale family', yay ! we were home

Now when we had got up this morning it had been raining during the night and although it was looking brighter in Orlando, by the time we had got to Port Canaveral it had become more and more cloudy and windy, and sadly that was how the day was to remain.

Our usual first hour of lunch followed by cocktails while sunbathing was replaced with lunch (which consisted of a plate of everything for Paul from Cabanas and I had some tuna wraps and fruit from Flo's Cafe) and having a few drinkies in La Piazza and Bon Voyage.

DSC00317_zps58e01dc3.jpg

On our way to La Piazza we found Donald Duck on his own, who was happy to have a few photos taken with us, and at one time helped me with my case :rotfl2:

DSC_7840_zps0796b155.jpg

DSC_7842_zpse2da7db4.jpg

DSC_7845_zps0c9af701.jpg

DSC_7844_zpsdbb2ea6b.jpg

DSC00322_zpsd25b5ae3.jpg

Bahama Mama Time !! :)

DSC00324_zps799740f6.jpg

It was approaching 1.30 and the staterooms would be ready, so we headed to our room (# 8589, an inside stateroom with a virtual pothole) and we were pleased to see that 2 of our suitcases had already arrived too

Cont'd ...

DSC00421_zps278d96aa.jpg

DSC00328_zpsf714add1.jpg

DSC00329_zps20ea84e9.jpg

DSC00330_zps25318381.jpg

DSC00332_zps1a374964.jpg

DSC00333_zps19a1b876.jpg

We took some photos and unpacked, later on we went for a wander around the ship then at 4pm we went for the lifeboat drill at the Buena Vista Theatre, got to love being inside for that. We called back at our room and our final suitcase had arrived so we quickly unpacked it, then went up to the Sailaway Party on top deck

DSC00337_zps0f0c5116.jpg

DSC_7871_zpsaa92fa78.jpg

DSC_7872_zps9835406d.jpg

DSC_7873_zps3ef941b3.jpg

DSC_7882_zpsbc4871b4.jpg

It was very breezy and cool too, but the party was in full swing and we waved to everyone at Fishlips (thanks Sue for capturing us on the webcam with our England flag :rotfl:) and at the Jetty Park before heading to O'Gills for a cider & lager. We then wandered around the shops and I treated myself to a DCL Chamillia bead for my bracelet

fantasy20Apr_zpsddc7e89e.png

DSC00347_zps2823f4c4.jpg

I'm such a laydee with my pint glass :rotfl2:)

DSC00349_zpsf2a8198d.jpg

DSC00350_zps6afaa611.jpg

DSC00352_zpsd1c5c526.jpg

Before long it was time to get ready for dinner, we were on the late seating (8.15) which tonight was in the Enchanted Garden, we grabbed a couple of Bahama Mamas and we were shown to our table and we met out tablemates who were Terri & Jimmy from Florida and Stanley and Lisa from Oregon

DSC00353_zps3d987a49.jpg

DSC00354_zps42e460c7.jpg

We had a lovely meal and a nice chat too. Paul & I both started with the tomato soup, then I had Marjoram Chicken and Paul had the Prime Rib, to finish I had the sweet temptations and Paul had strawberry cheesecake, it was all very nice and it we didn't feel too stuffed either

We had a final Captain Mai Tai each, which must've been 90% alcohol :rotfl2:, then we headed for bed

DSC00355_zps73235bb2.jpg

Tomorrow ~ Day at Sea

Hi Mandy! Great report! I feel like I am almost there again :thumbsup2
Emily (from Mixology)

That photo where Donald makes off with your carry on is so funny. I love the Chamilia charm. Having the safety drill inside is great. We managed this twice now.

Corinna

Mandy, is it me or are the rooms smaller on the Fantasy?

Great embarkation day - love the pictures of Donald with your suitcase. Daniel saw them and said that naughty Donald was probably trying to steal your clothes.

Why am only just now finding this?? :confused3 I had convinced myself you would start this weekend in the vague hope that I wouldn't feel like I am being lazy by not starting mine. :lmao: Great trip report so far :thumbsup2 All the drinkies look very yummy. I need to get my act together and start mine. :laughing:

As always fantastic report, love the little black dress, you look lovely, I have another picture of you and Paul from the following week as well, I will send it through before you start that week:goodvibes:goodvibes

Great start! I'm shocked we didn't bump into each other often, we were oing the same things at the same time quite often!

Great report - we are on the Fantasy in November - cant wait for the next update! Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter