Making Dining Reservations for 1

Chuckers

Missing My Disneyland Day Trips :(
So, this morning I made my dining reservations for my solo trip. I got everything I wanted, but I find it very annoying that the website does not like booking for odd numbers.
I had to do one reservation for 3 people at Beirgarten. No times were available. I changed it to 4 and everything opened up. When I was doing my reservations for 1, it seemed that the only dining times were 8pm or later. When I changed it to 2, so many more convenient times were available.

So, I ended up booking everything for the even number. Then I went in and changed every reservation to the odd number of guests. When I changed to the odd number, the times all disappeared - except for my currently booked time. I know I don't have to change the number of guests and I can tell them when I go to eat, but I just feel better doing it.

It’s not always odd number that have problems, I think the system just goes by table accommodations. Sometimes I have to book our party of 2 as a party of 3. Once you have your reservation locked up, you can modify it on MDE down to 1.

I found putting in 4 to have way more options than even putting in 2 people. So I made them with 4 and modified to 1.

This. And sometimes if you go to 5 or 6 initially, you can find better times. I just make sure I go back and Modify to 1 so that I'm not tying up a table because they think a larger number of people are coming.

Sometimes the system won’t allow a modification downward. I’ve had that happen a few times.

I used to say I didn't have a problem with this - I could always get 1. But yup - something changed and this is annoying as all get out! Even 2 wasn't as successful as 4. I feel for those guests who don't know this is messed up and just think nothing is available.

I always book for 2 and adjust downward never ever had an issue
I would hope that any modification that doesn’t require a different size table, such as two to one or four to three, would continue to be allowed. I could see them having an issue if people continually book for five or six and modify to one, since I am sure they want to fill the larger tables without overbooking the smaller ones.

I have never had an issue with modification either, but I haven’t modified anything that changed the table size.

So, this morning I made my dining reservations for my solo trip. I got everything I wanted, but I find it very annoying that the website does not like booking for odd numbers.
I had to do one reservation for 3 people at Beirgarten. No times were available. I changed it to 4 and everything opened up. When I was doing my reservations for 1, it seemed that the only dining times were 8pm or later. When I changed it to 2, so many more convenient times were available.

So, I ended up booking everything for the even number. Then I went in and changed every reservation to the odd number of guests. When I changed to the odd number, the times all disappeared - except for my currently booked time. I know I don't have to change the number of guests and I can tell them when I go to eat, but I just feel better doing it.
I’m booking ADR and have run into the same issue.

I would hope that any modification that doesn’t require a different size table, such as two to one or four to three, would continue to be allowed. I could see them having an issue if people continually book for five or six and modify to one, since I am sure they want to fill the larger tables without overbooking the smaller ones.

I have never had an issue with modification either, but I haven’t modified anything that changed the table size.
Last time I went with DH and DD and at the last minute he was not able to join us. So I just told the hostess and she was actually happy to be able to switch us from a 4 top to a 2 and be able to seat more people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter