MAJESTIC CIRCLE ISLAND TOUR

vadersprincess12

Mouseketeer
Hello Everyone ~ Planning a 25th anniversary trip for 2025. Wondering if anyone has some recent feedback on the Majestic Circle Island Tour. Thanks.

We didn't do the tour, but we saw the buses arriving at some of our destinations after we were leaving. It looked like an absolute nightmare. We got to the Byodo-In Temple right when it opened and we had the place to ourselves for about an hour. Literally 8 buses showed up all at the same time as we were leaving and the place turned into a zoo. I HIGHLY recommend getting your own transportation and arriving everywhere right when it opens.

Have never taken the tour, but it is very easy and less costly to just rent a car for the day, especially on the weekends when the traffic is lighter and Aulani is generally busier.
Weekends and super super early in the morning. I always recommend that people from the US mainland not fully adjust to the time change. It should be very easy to wake up and be on the road before rush hour gets too heavy.

Agree with just renting a car and going your own way. It's not a difficult island to navigate and you can go at your own pace. I see a lot of complaints about Honolulu traffic, but as someone who has lived in or near a city all my life, I didn't think it was that bad. Beats driving through Pittsburgh (or Nashville where we are originally from) for sure :).

One book I highly recommend is Oahu Revealed by Andrew Doughty. We were at Aulani for 9 nights in Oct/Nov and spent a lot of time exploring the island. We got a lot of great ideas from that book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter