Main Street Electrical Parade to return???

thinkerbell

DIS Veteran

Oh I hope this happens! I will definitely schedule another trip to see it. We have missed the night time parades and this one in general. I so hope this is true.

I hope it doesn't. WDW butchered the parade. We watched it 3 different nights and were horrified that they managed to drop the individual float music and only had the theme music going.

We ended up going to Disneyland so my kids could experience it. WDW really shouldn't have tried if they weren't going to do it right.

What is the source? Don’t want to listen to a blogger blah blah blah…

Why would they put the MSEP back on Main Street?
The crowds are terrible and they have just updated HEA to “extend” down Main Street . I would be surprised if this rumor is true .
Has there been any other “sources” besides this one?

I just tried to find more information .
WikiPedia has a complete history of the Main Street Electrical Parade including many versions found “referencing the parade “ in The Simpsons and Scooby Doo !

It would be nice to have a commemorative float visit the MK to celebrate the 100th . I would be happy just to see the calliope with Baroque Hoedown music during the daytime.

Last edited:
Here is hoping that the MSEP does return. Might mean we end every night with a trip to the Magic Kingdom!

I would love to see the return of this... it never should have left along with Illuminations 2000.

I love love love MSEP, but I wish they would bring Paint the Night back.
Florida, California, I don't care where, I would go in a heart beat. It was a spectacular parade.

Rumor has it that the floats got trashed by poor storage during pandemic. If that's the case, they should remake them all. The technology was amazing. If I ever had New Old Bob's ear, this would be what I bugged him about.

I undersatnd that people are nestalgic for it but personaly I would rather see something new or even a newer version of it. I was watching a video the other day where somone was visting Tokyo Disneyland and their verson of it loked so much beter then this one that they keep bringing out of retirement.

I love the Main Street Electrical parade. Brings back so many happy childhood memories. I saw it in DL in 2019. So special!! I hope WDW brings it back. I am not a light projection fan. I sit my happy butt at WL and watch the fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter