• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Magic of Christmas & Birthday celebrations Day 4.....

scampbunny

<font color=darkorchid>The most fab of surprises!<
Day Four

A lie in!! lol well, bit more of one, and brekkie at 8.30am still not that crowded – in fact seemed quieter and more relaxed :) this time we got to see chip n dale (or tic n tac) so another good start, and off to studios…..

First point of call was photos of the statue and of the broomsticks – ds2 loved these, they were just his height!!
studios.jpg

Then sil and I went shopping (yaaaaaaaaaaay) and I bought the most fab tinkerbell jumper – dark grey, and just lovely (and ever better with 15% shareholder discount!!) and then it was time to go thru!!!!

We headed straight to place des stars, to get bearings and be ready for the parade!! We got a good spot, and ds2 dragged me straight to Donald duck (goin quack quack) and got ready for his picture (hat off, getting to be a good sign!!)
cdonald.jpg

and ds1 dragged sil to see clarice, and tried to get cruella, but she got back into his car – ds1 said she was much prettier than the film!!! lol ds2 wanted lilo, but ppl kept pushing him out of the way, he was very nearly trampled, and started getting very distressed. Then lilo headed off to her stage to leave, so I caught the cm, and explained that wed been waiting and been shoved out of the way and trampled (and I am ashamed to say I did wave the easy pass – to emphasise my point lol) and he said he was very sorry to hear ds2 hadnt got to see lilo, and that, when they next came round in 1 hr, to come and see him, and that Minnie and daisy were about to come out. So I thanked him, and let ds1 know to get queueing so he was nearly 1st in queue!! Unfortunately, they announce Minnie n daisys arrival over the tannoy – so cue millions running and pushing and shoving, and ppl were shoving their kids onto the stage, even tho there was a queue, and the poor cm as tryin hard to control it all….

This is where we had, a ‘lady’ who would rival cruella with the amount of fur n jewels, shove her child into the queue behind me (her child had already tried gettin onto the stage from the side), and push her past – to which point I say there is a queue, and she basically told me to get out of the way, as I was an adult, and priority was for the children – or rather her child, even tho I was holding ds2 at this point!!! Needless to say, I stayed where I was, and made a comment in this ladies language, and then loudly commented about ppl being unable to queue lol anyhow, ds1 was in his element, he had finally met daisy, although he seemed to prefer Minnie lol (even kissing her!!)

finminnie.jpg

then I took up ds2, who stood proudly between Minnie and daisy for a fab pic – my holiday was just getting better seeing the love he was having for the characters, and ds1 enjoying all the autographs!!!!

cminnie.jpg

Off to stitch live, and I well and truly joined in and to my embarassement can announce that I make the best monkey noises in the world!! Yes, I got chosen for the above, and had to make the noise over the mic, give my name, and then stand up for a picture!! Boys loved the fact mommy was talking to stitch, dh is still takin the pee out of me for it, but tbh – I do kinda love stitch, hes my second love, after mickey!!!!

after stitch live, when we came out the characters were back, so i thought, ill see if the cm does remember what he said earlier - and he did!!! sent us around the side and let ds2 up onto the 'stage so we gots a great pic of lilo & stitch - ds2 loves that pic now!!
clilo.jpg

Sil wanted very much to do rock n roller coaster, so we checked ds1 height – and he was tall enough – so ds1, sil, her dh, and my dh went and queued (15min) and I did baby swap with ds2 and nephew (loved the music they played) and then ds1 and I went on it and I LOVE THIS RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another 1st and a def must do again!!

Lunch today was to be at rendez vous des stars and I enjoyed this – lovely buffet, and a good choice (deserts yummy lol) and even better the appearance of remy from ratatouille!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ds2 loved this, and they even came round and talked to us – didn’t realise this happened here, so was a lovely added bonus!!!
remy.jpg

After this, we debated on what to do, as we had the character tea party booked for 5pm, and it was now 2pm, and we wanted to fit in mickeys show too…. Ds1 kept pointing at tot, so we told him to think bout it whilst we took ds2 onto cars (his fav ride) and then they both got to meet mrs incredible (just missed mr incredible – grrrrrrrrrrr)
mrsincredible.jpg

and ds1 still wanted tot, so sil and I took ds1 on……

now, ds1 was quite traumatised on this ride – more by the story – the ppl that get hit by lightening!!! He is old enough to understand the story, and believes it, and that scared him more than the ride – and he finished the ride in tears, and he was so worried about the ppl!!!!!!!!!!! (he still asks about them lol) Sil and I laughed through it all – it is fab!!!! Weren’t sure if we were going up or down, but think I could have got a better seat – as was on front row right at the left end – think wud be better in the middle, but not sure which row!!! Headed out of the studios, but on the way out mickey was doing his meet n greet, so it wud have been rude not to stop n get pics now, wudnt it????
mickey.jpg
memickey.jpg

So – after this we went to mickeys show, (meeting santa goofy on the way!!!)
xmasgoofy.jpg

which was marred by the fact that nephew had fallen asleep and they wudnt let us take in the pushchair even just to sit at the side, so sil dh ended up missing it, and we all felt guilty….. but good show, pillar was the star (just got the wrong spot to sit lol).
minnieshow.jpg

Then, we got the boys changed for the tea party – ds1 was buzz, and ds2 tigger, and then we split up – and went n queued outside lucky nugget. Now this was one of my only winges…. The mad push n scrum to get in the place!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my word – ppl just didn’t care if they trampled on the children!!

We did get in without too much prob, and got a table on the floor right by the stairs by the entrance, not too bad a spot, but when the characters came out, we realised that, unlike café mickey, kids just bombarde the characters and they barely get a chance to come round. Tigger was one of the first out, and made a beeline for ds2 (now I was smug we had dressed up the kids lol) and they got fab interaction as tigger thought hed found a friend and they compare paws, and ears and stripes lol great pics!!!
tigger2.jpg

Then ds1 managed to get to see Jessie, who spotted his buzz outfit so, just from that I thought maybe the tea party was worth it – for just that interaction, and we did get to see a couple of other characters.
jessie.jpg
goofy.jpg

When it was cake time, I was surprised, as wed been led to believe u got a piece of cake – not a whole cake!!!!!!!!!! So we ended up takin that cake away with us, and the boys loved their gifts too!
smee.jpg

We got to see candleabration and the characters dancing – but cudnt get decent pics or video *sighs* but we saw it which is the main point!! so, worn out, we headed back to the hotel, as the others had already headed back, so hot drinks all round again, and another early night (bed at 8/9pm - madness lol) and ready for our last day......:sad2:

Fantastic!!! Mia was hoping either her or me would talk to Stitch but no luck ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter