Magic Key Terrace fully booked

ssim

Earning My Ears
So how the heck do I get into the Magic Key Terrace? Reservations are booked solid for weeks! Do I have to physically join the waitlist right when the park opens? Or before the park opens, if I stand outside the gates? What's the point to being a key holder if you can never access any of the perks?

Prior to the MK program (after COVID when it was for AP holders), you had to make a reservation just like any dining reservation in the app. At that time, they did not take walk ups that I know of. Maybe it has changed? It did tend to book up well in advance since there were only a few tables up on the terrace due to spacing for COVID precautions. Again, maybe this has changed since late summer. I hope something opens up for you!

The one time we had a reservation, we waited 45 minutes after our reservation time (after initially being told it would be a 15-20 minute wait) and then finally bailed. They were apologetic and said people were staying for hours.

So, even if you get a reservation, it may not work out.

I have one reservation booked to try it again, but I’m prepared to write this off as something we’re not going to do.

The one time we had a reservation, we waited 45 minutes after our reservation time (after initially being told it would be a 15-20 minute wait) and then finally bailed. They were apologetic and said people were staying for hours.

I have one reservation booked to try it again, but I’m prepared to write this off as something we’re not going to do.

Oh man that sucks. Looks like whoever planned this thing didn't think it all the way through.

I just grabbed a reservation for November 21, since there's some available right now. I've been trying to book for Sept and Oct several times per day and haven't had any luck. I was going to attempt a walk up the other day, but snagged a Lamplight reservation instead.

I visited whatever it was called before the shut down in Feb. 2020 and did a walk up reservation. They took my name and said they would text me when it was ready and that it would be about an hour. We were starving and got some food from the Mexican place and got our text 10 minutes later (10minutes after they said one hour) saying our reservation was ready. We had to rush back over and we were technically "too late" but they sat us anyway. So, if you do get on a walk up list, you may not want to rely on whatever they think the call back time will be. If you venture off too far and they call you much earlier than what they said, you could miss out.

My friend snagged a ressie just the other day for Oct 16th so maybe they randomly pop up if people cancel?

They had just released availability over the weekend (9/18) for the hard to get weekend of (Nov 11-14...Veteran's Days weekend/Holiday release). But gone now. The Nov 11-14 weekend seems to not be following any pattern of reservation openings. But dates after, seem to be on schedule. Anytime before that, I would try a dining alert.

I just grabbed a reservation for November 21, since there's some available right now. I've been trying to book for Sept and Oct several times per day and haven't had any luck. I was going to attempt a walk up the other day, but snagged a Lamplight reservation instead.

I visited whatever it was called before the shut down in Feb. 2020 and did a walk up reservation. They took my name and said they would text me when it was ready and that it would be about an hour. We were starving and got some food from the Mexican place and got our text 10 minutes later (10minutes after they said one hour) saying our reservation was ready. We had to rush back over and we were technically "too late" but they sat us anyway. So, if you do get on a walk up list, you may not want to rely on whatever they think the call back time will be. If you venture off too far and they call you much earlier than what they said, you could miss out.
What reservations were you able to get for Nov 21?

Here is a big issue (which they also experienced at Carthay when they opened during Taste of Disney.) People come and sit. While most Disney restaurants plan on a 90 min table turn, annual passholders (of which I am one) tend to sit and just enjoy the space. Carthay put a 90 min limit on the tables. But on the Magic Key areas, no limits have been placed, and I do know someone who sat down at 1pm, and was still there at 5. Basically blocking others from the table. They need to put down limits, like the character dinings do.

Last edited:
Here is a big issue (which they also experienced at Carthay when they opened during Taste of Disney. People come and sit. While most Disney restaurants plan on a 90 min table turn, annual passholders (of which I am one) tend to sit and just enjoy the space. Carthay put a 90 min limit on the tables. But on the Magic Key areas, no limits have been placed, and I do know someone who sat down at 1pm, and was still there at 5. Basically blocking others from the table. They need to put down limits, like the character dinings do.
That’s exactly what I said here at the time. It needs to be a policy. I feel for the CMs dealing with upset guests and the servers who aren’t getting the tips from multiple guests.

Yea the aren't releasing things at 60 days.
Hope it gets ironed out soon. We had been passholders since 1984 till we retired in 2019 sold the house and moved to Northern CA. First time not being a pass holder 😢 This trip is with our young grandkids and adult children. I can’t go to my park and not have my Monte Cristo!

Here is a big issue (which they also experienced at Carthay when they opened during Taste of Disney.) People come and sit. While most Disney restaurants plan on a 90 min table turn, annual passholders (of which I am one) tend to sit and just enjoy the space. Carthay put a 90 min limit on the tables. But on the Magic Key areas, no limits have been placed, and I do know someone who sat down at 1pm, and was still there at 5. Basically blocking others from the table. They need to put down limits, like the character dinings do.
I agree! Table time limits!

They need to just do away with reservations and institute a minimum hourly table spend.

This is ridiculous. You can never get in there.

Hope it gets ironed out soon. We had been passholders since 1984 till we retired in 2019 sold the house and moved to Northern CA. First time not being a pass holder 😢 This trip is with our young grandkids and adult children. I can’t go to my park and not have my Monte Cristo!
Disneyland has rarely released at 60 days. Even prior to Covid, we had these threads of "Nothing is available and it's 59 days."

BTW - You can now get a Monte Cristo at Smokejumpers in DCA also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter