Magic Key Renewals Start 8/18

And benefits increase. Enchant Key 25% off parking (used to be 0%), ; 20% off Genie+ (used to be 0%).
We don't really use Genie+ for DL only WDW. So for us 20% off 0 is still 0. :D

Glad to see parking stayed on the top pass. Thought they might have reduced that.

Curious if the WDW out of state come back now.

My major issue is going to be my younger child who turned 3 during our Magic Key plan. If no new sales will I be able to add him? If not I guess we aren’t renewing. 🤷‍♀️

"Coming Soon – Unlimited Disney PhotoPass digital photo downloads***"

I don't see this on the enchant key. What am I missing? Did photo pass restrict the number of downloads on the normal package?

My major issue is going to be my younger child who turned 3 during our Magic Key plan. If no new sales will I be able to add him? If not I guess we aren’t renewing. 🤷‍♀️

There's already precedent of them making a case by case exception to this throughout the past year according to reports. Just have to contact them and inquire about it.

Thank you Disney! Overall much better than what it could have been. I was hoping for a la carte options, but the addition of photo pass nice as is the discount on Genie+. Glad the lawsuit didn't prevent renewals and that the most loyal fan base still gets to go.

I hope they allow people to move up or down within the pass levels.

Overall, I'm happy with the result. Kind of makes me wonder how much of the panic they were generating was on purpose. Crazy company....

Apologies if I missed it- I was trying to find out where Disney announced the 8/18 date to start renewals? I keep seeing the "within 30 days" message.

I'm in my 30 day window so just wanted to make sure that's correct. :)

I guess if you add $440 to the cost of Inspire, you can dream (pun intended) that you have a Dream key by adding a 5 day park hopper.

Don't forget you supposedly can't use any of the benefits of Inspire on blocked days even if you buy a ticket 🙃

I wonder if this means the MK Terrace will now be closed from December 21 to January 1 :scratchin. What's the point of keeping it open if all MKs are blocked?

Don't forget you supposedly can't use any of the benefits of Inspire on blocked days even if you buy a ticket 🙃

I wonder if this means the MK Terrace will now be closed from December 21 to January 1 :scratchin. What's the point of keeping it open if all MKs are blocked?
Likely not, there will still be a number of dream keyholders who passes are valid that two weeks.

Thoughts I have….

1. Why in the world did it take so long for release the renewal information if not much changed about the program?

2. I hope this finally quiets all the people who say Disney doesn’t want annual passes. They could have never brought the program back last year and they could have easily canceled it or drastically changed it this year and they didn’t. 🤷‍♀️

Likely not, there will still be a number of dream keyholders who passes are valid that two weeks.

I should have clarified I meant starting next year when all Dreams will have expired. Last possible ones that exist, but aren't activated yet have to be activated by October this year. So this is the last possible final two weeks of the year to have a pass.

Changes to Terms and Conditions (NOT fine print — larger font, bold):
BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER:

YOU AND DISNEY (DEFINED FOR PURPOSES OF THIS BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER TO MEAN WALT DISNEY PARKS AND RESORTS U.S., INC. AND ALL OF ITS AFFILIATES) EACH AGREE THAT ANY DISPUTE OR CLAIM RELATING IN ANY WAY TO YOUR DISNEYLAND RESORT MAGIC KEY WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION, WITH THE SOLE EXCEPTION OF CLAIMS THAT QUALIFY FOR SMALL CLAIMS COURT AS SET FORTH BELOW.

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU AND DISNEY ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT (WITH THE SOLE EXCEPTION OF CLAIMS THAT QUALIFY FOR SMALL CLAIMS COURT AS SET FORTH BELOW) AND THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL. YOU AND DISNEY ALSO AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES’ INDIVIDUAL CAPACITIES. YOU AND DISNEY THEREFORE AGREE TO WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO LITIGATE OR ARBITRATE ANY CLAIMS AS A CLASS ACTION OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE OR COLLECTIVE ACTION.

Lol, I was wondering when they’d do this.

Apologies if I missed it- I was trying to find out where Disney announced the 8/18 date to start renewals? I keep seeing the "within 30 days" message.

I'm in my 30 day window so just wanted to make sure that's correct. :)
It's been widely reported as not before 9am on Thursday (8/18) but I haven't seen that officially through Disney - just reported anecdotally but via actual news sources, so I'm assuming that it's buried somewhere on some press release.

There will be virtual queues and you have to be inside the 30-day window to access - I'm guessing that once you bring up your Key after 9am on 8/18 that the renew option will be available then you'll get loaded into a queue from that point.

"Coming Soon – Unlimited Disney PhotoPass digital photo downloads***"

I don't see this on the enchant key. What am I missing? Did photo pass restrict the number of downloads on the normal package?
It's a new feature for Believe and Inspire. With PhotoPass, you can either purchase the individual picture or buy a pass for unlimited photos - Genie+ includes the latter for photos taken that day. This basically just means that Believe and Inspire don't have to pay for PhotoPass - an Enchant holder will have to buy Genie+ to get unlimited downloads each day (which is how it works now).

So is this renewal starting the 18th potentially going to affect crowds the last week of August? Coming from out of town and hoping there won't be a huge sudden crowd increase to max from Aug 29 to Sept 2. I know Disneyland is capping reservations but hoping they don't reach their maximum for those days.
Im likely going the 26th so I’ll report back

Thoughts I have….

1. Why in the world did it take so long for release the renewal information if not much changed about the program?

2. I hope this finally quiets all the people who say Disney doesn’t want annual passes. They could have never brought the program back last year and they could have easily canceled it or drastically changed it this year and they didn’t. 🤷‍♀️
They want AP holders just only a certain amount of them. I'm thinking they won't offer new APs again till a enough AP holders don't renew.

So Dream Key $1399 with no Blackout dates, gets "replaced" by Inspire key $1599 with Blackout dates (Dec 21st-Jan1st). Additional benefit you get for paying $200 more and less days is 20% off Genie+ and then Photopass.
And then not open for New purchases.
Guess it depends on your perspective... could have been worse given the nature of the current disney execs... at the same time, could have been better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter