• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Magic Bands

Mlowe6

Earning My Ears
Ok I just got our new magic bands and I hate them. We had the old ones but someone helped themself to them so we had to purchase new ones. I have to say long gone are the days when you can get them from the hotel fully loaded and ready for the week. Now you must plug them in every nite to charge them, hey what’s wrong with a battery that lasts for years? Then you have to spend like 4 hours on the phone with IT to link them with your ticket because they won’t scan they way they are supposed to. WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE SO DIFFICULT WITH DISNEY NOW DAYS. I grew up on Disney when it was a true family park. I’m beginning to dislike everything about them and I’m glad this will be my last trip with this new Disney lifestyle of a company who puts real family values on the back burner like allowing families to actually go there without saving for 10 years!

I'm with you!

They have taken technology to an absurd level. It's almost impossible to enjoy the parks and resorts without a smartphone - and being on it much of the day. The MB was once a convenient and fun thing. Now it's obtrusive and stops working often. I love technology and all the new things one can do but Disney doesn't seem to have the infrastructure to keep it up and running smoothly.

I feel they want WDW to be a once-in-a-lifetime event for families - spend thousands for 10 day trip and don't come back until the kids have kids.

I'm with you!

They have taken technology to an absurd level. It's almost impossible to enjoy the parks and resorts without a smartphone - and being on it much of the day. The MB was once a convenient and fun thing. Now it's obtrusive and stops working often. I love technology and all the new things one can do but Disney doesn't seem to have the infrastructure to keep it up and running smoothly.

I feel they want WDW to be a once-in-a-lifetime event for families - spend thousands for 10 day trip and don't come back until the kids have kids.

You hit the nail on the head. Disney is not for families anymore! It is only for the rich! The only reason why we’re going is because someone was kind enough to give us their time share and the grandkids!

So even if you have the new MBs with you, it might be a good idea to also obtain a card for each person in the room at the front desk? 🤔

I’m not staying on site since my trip got blown up because I lost both my parents 19 days apart and had to pay for funerals. Like I said I was very blessed by someone giving us their timeshare for a week. I will be taking hard copies of the park reservations because I’m all too familiar with the issues of the MB problems and people not being able to get into the park without a hard copy or paper copy of their ticket and reservation. Thousands have been left outside for hours on end because they did not bring a hard copy. Very important!

My experience is you definitely don't have to charge the Magicband+ every night. Hopefully that helps ease your concerns a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter