Magic Band and Different Tickets

EpcotsMyHappyPlace

Earning My Ears
Hello! I have two different ticket types linked to my Magic Band- a date based 4 day (no reservation needed) and two complimentary passes (reservation required). I did reserve the last two days of our vacation for the complimentary passes. They don’t expire so I would like to save them for last in case we don’t have more than 4 park days.

Will the Magic Band be smart enough to know to use my 4 day pass first when I scan into the park? Does it know to scan the complimentaries only on our reserved day? I know I could use my phone, but the kids love to scan their bands ☺️ Thanks!

No, unfortunately the system isn’t that smart. You’ll need to visit Guest Relations before entering your first park and ask them to “prioritize” your tickets in the way you want them used, and after you enter that park you need to check MDE to be sure the right ticket was used. If it wasn’t, visit GR inside the park ASAP to get it corrected.

No, unfortunately the system isn’t that smart. You’ll need to visit Guest Relations before entering your first park and ask them to “prioritize” your tickets in the way you want them used, and after you enter that park you need to check MDE to be sure the right ticket was used. If it wasn’t, visit GR inside the park ASAP to get it corrected.
I recommend too is collect a card at the will call just in case battery runs out on magicband or phone. To collect a card from will call all you need is reference number, photo ID and proof of payment if they ask like original cc, paypal receipt, Disney gift card, Disney rewards redemption card

Hello! I have two different ticket types linked to my Magic Band- a date based 4 day (no reservation needed) and two complimentary passes (reservation required). I did reserve the last two days of our vacation for the complimentary passes. They don’t expire so I would like to save them for last in case we don’t have more than 4 park days.

Will the Magic Band be smart enough to know to use my 4 day pass first when I scan into the park? Does it know to scan the complimentaries only on our reserved day? I know I could use my phone, but the kids love to scan their bands ☺️ Thanks!
Magicband on the tapstile should work take it to guest relations or will call to get them to set it up for you. When you tap magicbands on the Mickey tapstile at the entrance all information on My Disney Experience should transfer to the ticketing persons device when he see it and approves the tapstile will turn green.

Thank you! Is there a guest relations in each hotel? I’ve only talked to them in the parks!!! Just the front desk? Thank you!!!

Magicband on the tapstile should work take it to guest relations or will call to get them to set it up for you. When you tap magicbands on the Mickey tapstile at the entrance all information on My Disney Experience should transfer to the ticketing persons device when he see it and approves the tapstile will turn green.
Unfortunately, tapping the MB only connects to the person's profile in MDE. If that person has two kinds of tickets, both of which are valid on the day they're tapping in, the system doesn't know which ticket the person wants to use that day, and it may choose to use the wrong one. That's why the person needs to visit GR - at DS or outside any park entrance, but not at the resorts - to have GR prioritize the tickets, telling MDE which ticket to use first. Then, it's best to check MDE after entering the park to be sure the right ticket was used, so that GR inside the park can fix it right away.

There are many posts on this forum about the wrong ticket being used, even after having them prioritized before entering the park! Thus the recommendation to visit GR before entering and to check MDE ASAP after entering.

Thank you! Is there a guest relations in each hotel? I’ve only talked to them in the parks!!! Just the front desk? Thank you!!!
No, there aren't any GR offices in the hotels themselves, just at DS as well as outside and inside every park, usually very close to the entrance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter