Made my reservations with MS today.

Patricia

DIS Veteran
I have been struggling with a bit of depression since Sept 11. Trying to keep going ~but my heart is just heavy. I haven't done anything like I normally do including make my WDW ressies at the 11 month window. I am usually on the phone with MS on the exact day I am allowed to call. I have just not felt like doing anything at all. Today, I finally called and made my reservations for our June trip after being coaxed to get it done by my family. Well, I just had to tell you guys how much better I feel tonight. The DVC book is on the kitchen table and I am thinking about the trip, the parks, the room, the pools... I once again am thankful for the brilliant decision to joing DVC way back in 93. I am thankful that my memories of our DVC vacations are flooding back and making me feel like there is a rainbow ready to shine. I love my DVC!

I know what you are feeling. I am excited for my trip and it is not until Jan 7. I keep getting more and more excited as I get stuff done for the trip. We have our itinary roughly mapped out, we will be re-working it to reflect our change in location. I just paid for the points I am renting for OKW today, so another step closer! :) :bounce:

Tomorrow I will be calling my sales guide and making arrangements to do the "tour" when we are there. I SOO want to join DVC, but really can't make the commitment site unseen of the resorts. I know after the trip the future DW will feel the magic as well.

Next will be buying the Park tickets... and so on.. and so on...

Less than 70 days and counting :bounce:

Mike
:earsboy:

Patricia....

There are a lot of heavy hearts these days....everyone has to cope in his/her own way. I agree with you that one of the best ways to cope is to continue to do those things we have always cherished, including vacations at WDW.

Maybe having concrete plans allow you to focus more? I know I can't plan for a trip without thinking of great memories and new ones I want to make.

God bless!

Our reaction to the 9/11 tragedy was to have this overpowering urge to go to WDW IMEDIATELY! Our trip isn't until January, but we have been talking about it ever since 9/11 and can hardly wait!

We just need a bit of fantasy and magic.:)

Patricia, I totally agree with you. My heart has been very heavy since 9/11 and I have been stressed (gained 7 lbs!!!). I, too, made my 2002 ressies and now am finding comfort in planning things to do.......being around this board helps!!

As dianeschlit says, "we need a bit of fantasy and magic".

Glad to see you made your ressies...........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter