mad, mad, mad, fireworks cruise canceled

twinmomplus2

DIS Veteran
FYI to anyone with fireworks cruises booked, We had one booked and confirmed for the 11th of May mothers day. Called 2 weeks ago to confirm pick up time and place all was well. Called today to recheck time, and was told that our fireworks cruise was no more as they would not be having fireworks that night. Lo and behold was told they book in advance in case they have fireworks that PM> HUH< WHAT? this makes no sense to me. You had better all call and check your ressies, They do not automatically cancel you, They said its up to you even if confirmed to call 7 days out and make sure all is well. I am madder than a hatter, this was a Birthday and mothers day treat, We are so disapointed. Oh well.

Sorry to hear your disappointing news. Hope you still have a wonderful trip. Have you thought about going to The California Grill? I heard it is a great place to view MK fireworks if they are having them that night.

This is why Disney would tell you that there's no such thing as a "fireworks cruise" -- they're "specialty cruises." That means that they don't guarantee fireworks. I call it deceptive!

Ok heres the plan......put on your best hang dog voice and call back.

LAst year I had arranged for a fireworks cruise for my friends who were going for their 10th anniversary. I got a message that week that there would be no fireowrks for their fireworks cruise. I called back and explained the special date and the suprise and a supervisor arranged for an extra cruise on another night.

of course there was lightneing that night and they didnt go anyway.......

Thats just what I did.... We are rescheduled for May 7th, which Is ok by me. It was just that half of our extended party is not getting to WDW, until The 10th. well live and learn the moniker is SPECIALTY CRUISE>>>not fireworks. now I know.:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter