Mac Firefox and Opera - DVC Website Doesn't Work

I too have trouble w/ the DVC site using Firefox or Opera on my mac. It's a G4 ibook, running Firefox 2.0.0.4, Safari 2 works just peachy, so it's not just you :) I also cannot get to the direct link either.

Have you tried Camino? I am running it (Camino 1.0.4) on my iMac (2.16 GHz Core2Duo 20") under OS 10.4.8. It's put out by Mozilla (same folks that do Firefox) but is specifically designed for Macs.

Here is a link:

http://www.caminobrowser.org/

tidefan:
i'm running 10.2.8 on my emac
any chance the camino browser will work with the older sys X?
i really don't want to upgrade - it took me long enough to give up my classic--which i'm still running on my ibook;)

I get an error when I try to use either Firefox or Opera on a Mac and go to www.disneyvacationclub.com. :confused3

Safari works.

Anybody out there know why?

I've never been able to get Firefox or Opera to work with the Member site. They work flawlessly on the AP site and other Disney sites however. Only Safari works for me for the DVC Member area.

Like you, I've tried clearing caches and changing User Agent identities but all I get is the error message page.

I'm using a PowerBook G4 with 10.4.4 and Firefox 2.0.0.4/Opera 9.21.

Same for us. We can run it on Safari (most of the time), but never Camino or Firefox. What is funny is Safari is generally my least preferred - except when it comes to DVC!

In other news, when I go to the resorts page in Safari 3 using the link http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/resorts/resortOverview?id=ResortOverviewPage and then click on 'Learn more about this resort' under Animal Kingdom Lodge, I get the following message 'Sorry, the page you are trying to access is currently not available.'

But when I type the link in directly, obtained by Firefox, it works.

The direct link is http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/resorts/resortLanding?id=AnimalKingdomLodgeResortLandingPage

Boo boo boo

If it makes you feel any better, I'm using a PC and running IE, and I haven't been able to access the member website for the last several days either...:confused3
I either get the "The page you are trying to access is currently not available" OR the website allows me to log in, and then just gives me a blank page, with an "error on page" message from IE in the bottom bar.

Do you have Java applets enabled? This could be an issue. Camino works for me, though it didn't used to on the old site, go figure...

Anyone running 10.4.9 and having trouble: Have you updated to 10.4.10 to see if it makes any difference?

Nope. On a PC. Firefox 2.0.0.4

I wish I could tell you how to make it work.
The issue is on a Mac, not Firefox per se. They updated the HTML on the website a few months ago and Safari quite working for a few days. It now works but sometimes doesn't show you the links as clickable. This is when Firefox quit working for me I think as well though since I use it as a back up, I'm not totally certain.

The issue is on a Mac, not Firefox per se. They updated the HTML on the website a few months ago and Safari quite working for a few days. It now works but sometimes doesn't show you the links as clickable. This is when Firefox quit working for me I think as well though since I use it as a back up, I'm not totally certain.

I just found a problem using even Safari. I tried to make an extra principal payment on my loan.

It is a 3 step process. Enter the information on the first page. On the next page verify the information, read and accept a disclaimer and then submit the payment.

The first two steps worked great. As soon as I clicked the submit button I was rewarded with the same page served if I use Firefox or Opera, "We're sorry the page you are trying to access is not available at this time."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter