Reception Location: Disney's Atlantic Dance Hall

Dessert Party Location: Italy Isola

Disney's Fairy Tale Wedding Planner: Michelle Wenzler

Disney Floral Event Designer: Elizabeth Davis

Officiant: It's a surprise!!

Wedding Photographers: David and Vicki Arndt

Wedding Videographers: Key Moments Films

Colors: Pink, Black, White

Wedding Party: 5 bridesmaids, 5 groomsmen, 4 flower girls, 2 ring bearer.

Guest Count: 140 estimate

Proposal
Confirmation Of Events/Timeline/Ideas
Bridesmaid Cards and Idea
Bridesmaid Dresses and Flower Girl Idea
Planning Session Date Set
Save The Date and Invite Sample
Planning Session: Overview
Planning Session: Floral/Decor
Planning Session: Menu Tasting

We have confirmation yesterday that we are set at WP/ADH/Italy DP!

12pm Ceremony exit with Cinderella Coach
1-6 Atlantic Dance Hall Cocktail Party/Reception
8-9:30 Dessert Party at EPCOT in Italy

We are excited to get the ball moving and get our paperwork done. The room block is easy for us because most of our rooms will be thru DVC. So glad those rooms count towards the block.

Ideas we have now:
Bridesmaid Wear: Black cocktail dress with Hot pink shoes, hot pink bouquet (fake or silk made)
Groom/Groomsmen: Black tux
Flower Girls: Tinker bell tutu
Ring Bear: Tux
Mom's: Black dresses with crown diamond bracelet

Ceremony:
use of the organ for music
Rose petals down the aisle
simple altar arrangement
memorial candle
Cinderella Coach!!
Dove or butterfly release (depending on Disney rules)

Reception:
Black linens with Hot Pink Accent (this could change)
We will have video playback on the screen in ADH. Also a quick video of the "getting ready" and ceremony from earlier.

We are unsure of our centerpieces now (originally we were going to do GF ballroom)

Photography: David and Vicki Ardnt!! I have loved exchanging emails with them. They have been very quick at getting back to me and are super knowledgable/helpful.
Videography: Key Moments. I still need to confirm and chat with them, but positive we will be using them.

reception table idea:
8514463047_bbecba3836.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
Guest Book Idea:
8515578682_5653185d4a.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
For the Cake!
8515579226_074f0b08ba.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
I got this for my dress!

Great to hear another feb 2014 bride! What a cute proposal story, can't wait to hear what you have in store for planning!

A little about our proposal

My thoughts on the day:

One week prior: Blake tells me where he wants to go for his pre-birthday dinner and tells me Manny will make the reservation. HAHA! Yeah right, I thought, Manny won’t make a reservation so I will! 8pm at The View, done!

That day: In the morning I was supposed to take my best friend Blake to the Radio City singer audition. However, as most of you know, I like my beauty sleep so decided to sleep in. When I woke up, I decided I wasn’t going to take class later in the afternoon because my neck was bothering me. All of a sudden, Manny walks thru the door surprised to see me still in bed. I kept asking him why he was so antsy. He was trying to massage my neck, and get me to go to class. As was my mom, Blake, Lindsay, and Tyler...who all sent me a text message at the same time saying “GET TO CLASS!!!”. So, I decided since everyone was bugging me to go, so I eventually take class with Tyler and Lindsay.

Afterward, I wanted to eat lunch with them, but they were very eager to get Tink to take her back to Lindsay’s house to play! So Manny and I grabbed lunch and I complained how that night we were going to eat at The View for Blakes birthday. Blake and Manny were very persistent on going to The View, so finally I shut up.

When we got back to the apartment I notice Manny acting weird on the phone all day. Then he leaves to go to “Starbucks” right before dinner?! As we are getting ready, all dressed up with my hair and make up done, I mention to Manny how great it would be if he proposed that night. It was the perfect set up! He laughs and walks away rolling his eyes. Blake and Manny are rushing me to get ready so we leave on time...however Manny always wants me to look my best, so I take my sweet little time ;)
We get on the train and I see Blake looking at my nails, so I start to file them on the subway. We arrive to the restaurant but were seated with more than three place settings…kinda strange. Blake all of a sudden goes to the bathroom for about 10 minutes. I then sit there again telling Manny how great it would be for him to propose and how he should take notes about the night because it’s perfect. Blake comes back with the flip video camera in hand?! I asked him “why did you bring that thing” and he replied “oh I just videoed myself taking a number 2...want to see?”. I laughed and thought nothing of it, typical Blake. The waiter comes around with a “pre dinner special” and sets it in front of me. I’m thinking “OH DESSERT BEFORE DINNER!!!!”....wrong....It was a RING in the middle of a crown on top of a rhinestoned ring bearer pillow Manny sewed and rhinestoned himself. It was absolutely perfect. I have no clue what he said when he got down on his knee and just shook my head YES! Then I didn’t stop crying for several hours! It was the happiest moment of my life! Blake caught it on camera while Tyler and Lindsay walked in the room as well!

My Fiances Story:
One week before proposal:
I made the reservation for “The View” restaurant, Wednesday at 6pm under Blake’s name. So I called Blake and gave him specific instructions; I said, Blake, all you have to do is tell Marqui “I already made the reservation” meaning, he already made the reservation. What he do? Told Marqui “Manny is making the reservation... not exactly what I said.
So... one day I’m at work and Marqui called me and said “ Manny next Wednesday we are going to “The View” for Blake’s birthday at 8pm. I already made the reservation!” I’m thinking... “Oh ****.” But I said “that’s awesome!” So I had to called the restaurant right away and explained what happened. They were really nice about it and move my reservation under Marqui’s name for 8pm. (that way she has NO IDEA)

Proposal Day:
I get to NYC having everything planed! Marqui is going to take Blake to the audition and then she’s going to dance class with Tyler and Lindsay. That way I have time to go home drop my bags, then go get the ring and stop by the hotel to check in (Oh yeah, we have a Suite for the night thanks to Marqui’s parents), talk to the restaurant manager to make sure everything is perfect and then go back to the apartment to get ready for “Blake’s birthday.” Sounds pretty good right?

WRONG......

I get to the apartment and who’s there? Oh yea... She’s still in bed. But I tought “It’s OK, she’s still going to class soon.” Wrong again. She told me that her neck is hurting and she’s not going to class. I texted Blake and told him what was going on. Not even 3 minutes after Blake, Dori, Tyler and Lindsay texted Marqui at the same time saying that she needs to go to class, she finally decided to go. Ten minutes after she left, I got on the train to do what I needed to do. While I’m in the room I realized that is 2:45pm and I haven’t finish everything. So I text Marqui and told her that I’m coming down to the city to meet with her for lunch that way I get an extra 30min to finish everything. While we are eating lunch she tells me “Why we have to go to The View? We should go to a place more ‘hip’ for Blake’s birthday.” I told her “It’s his birthday and we should where ever he wants to go.”
We had some time to killed before we have to go back to the apartment, so I ask Marqui to go with me to get an outfit for “Blake’s birthday.” Once we got back to the apartment to get ready for the night. Marqui tells me “it would be great if you proposed tonight, it is the perfect set up”. I laugh and walked away. Finally she got ready and we are on our way to the restaurant. On our way there, Blake stares at Marqui’s nails and without saying anything she started filing them. Once we got to the table at The View, I noticed that they set up the table for four people and they ask us if we were waiting for more people? Well of course I say no. Blake stood up and said that he needs to use the restroom. I knew that was my cue, that in just one or two minutes the server was coming with the pillow and ring. One or two minutes? He was gone for about 10 minutes and I had no idea what was going on. (Starting to get nervous, sweating, my hart was in stomach). Marqui once again started telling, how great would’ve be if I propose that night and tells me to take notes. Finally Blake comes back with the FLIP video camera and said “OMG I just video myself taking a S#!^!!! wanna see?!?! And after that the server came with the pillow and ring and put it in front of Marqui! Without wasting time I get down in my knee and propose to the most beautiful woman in the entire world! Tyler and Lindsay joined us after to celebrate the best moment in my life so far!

So I have finally decided to ask my bridesmaids and how! I am sending them each cards my fiance and I made. I can't wait for them to get them. They're hilarious and we can't stop laughing. Also sent them "VIP" tags. Just a cheesy idea we decided on. It was super fun making them. I came up with the ideas and placed it on the computer. My fiancé who has a graphic design degree finished the extra special touches. We will be sending them out tomorrow!

Idea of their outfits:

Bouquets:
Like the inner rhinestones:

Like the outter sparkle:

Like this set to enhance:

Gift idea:

Congratulations and welcome! :goodvibes Really enjoyed reading your proposal story and it sounds like you have a lot of really lovely ideas and inspiration already! Love hot pink as an accent colour! A couple of your flickr images aren't showing for me (don't know if it's just me?)... hopefully they will work or can be fixed soon. :)

Looking forward to reading more!

Congratulations and welcome! :goodvibes Really enjoyed reading your proposal story and it sounds like you have a lot of really lovely ideas and inspiration already! Love hot pink as an accent colour! A couple of your flickr images aren't showing for me (don't know if it's just me?)... hopefully they will work or can be fixed soon. :)

Looking forward to reading more!

Thanks! I can't seem to figure out how to better attach pictures. But hopefully I will get them up better soon!

I found my bridesmaids dresses from TopShop! Super cute short fuchsia cocktail dresses. They will wear them with nude shoes and rhinestone the back of the shoes in crystal ab and fuchsia stones. I need to find them rings to wear in their right hand as an accent and possibly something to go in their hair. Also small earrings to match. I'm probably going to hit up garment district in LA for that.
Next step is making bridesmaids bouquets. Something simple like 3-4 flowers togethers with a splash of sparkle. Now that I am finally posting this...I have found a cute wand for them. A sparkle flower with accent crystals shooting up.
For flower girls we found a place to make the tutu that we want. It's super cute yet still semi casual. We will add some stones and a sash to enhance it. It will be fuschia with accents of light pink and green to bring in the color of the two little tinker bells we have!

nov11053.jpg

We have our wedding planner Michelle Wenzler and assistant Jessica Stein. So far they are both great at getting back quickly so we are happy to have both of them. We wrote down our general ideas of what we want and have our planning session set for June 25. We will do our tasting that day too. Both our moms are going to fly in for that. Hopefully we will have everything semi set then. I have made a wedding planning binder with ever idea, photo, contract, paper we have thus far for the wedding. It's really helping keeping our thoughts and big picture on track.

We have our STDs out and our website up. My mom booked a ton of DVC rooms already. We will now start making our invites to send out in August/September. After making one version of our invites from scratch, we have decided what we want to do! We kept the working simple and cute. It's black sparkle with pink/orange ribbon. We are working on these slowly because it will take us some time to get them done! It's been a fun project for us to work on together.

Save the Date

Sample Invite

I love your Save the Dates and Invites! I said it already but, I love those colours! And I love those crystal wands. And you already have all your bridesmaid accessories all sorted? I am so jealous it took me so long to round up my bridesmaids and get their stuff. :laughing: Your binder is so cute! Did you design the cover yourself?

Planning Session: Overview
Wow big update! Back in June we had our planning session. It was so helpful. I love our planner Michelle Wenzler. We went thru start to finish of our wedding day. I am excited how everything turned out. Since then we have already made changes of course.
Cake tasting was so great! We decided on different mini cakes being Almond with amaretto filling. My favorite was Almond with Tropical fill while my fiancee was Red Velvet with Cream Cheese! The cakes will be white with a black ribbon that has a rhinestone strip….This is also a bow that will be on it.
The biggest thing from our budget we want to try to get down is transportation. We might call another bus company, but we enjoy the idea that Disney would be coordinating the bus too. So we will see what happens. It will depend on where guests are staying too. Most are at Boardwalk which is great! We decided already not to provide transportation from the reception to the hotel then to the dessert party. We could always add a van or two back to their hotels to change depending on how things work out with where guests are staying. We have a hummer limo for the bridal party, and we are of course doing the Carriage!

The Bar Package is another thing we are struggling with. Our planner says to do Packaged bar for 4 hours just beer/wine/one signature drink. We are a little hesitant on this because we feel many of our guests won't drink more than two drinks. We have talked about this so much and still are unsure on what to do. Any advice? I have a wedding of about 150 people max. Go hosted or stay package?

Great working with Elizabeth. We aren't doing many flowers besides rose petals down the aisle and scattered on the Altar. On the Altar we will provide our own Memory glass 'plaque/picture frame' in honor of my Finace Dad. Then we are doing a special crystal ceremony! Excited that for that. We will be providing the glass/crystal vases for this too.
I ordered glass single stem roses for the bridesmaids that turned out AMAZING! Mine has three roses. I love love love them! They are so cool, unique. The flower girls will have the carriage basket provided by Disney.
We are looking into having chandeliers down the aisle now as well.
The reception on the main floor is black table cloth with a fuchsia silk strip down the table, black napkins, black chair cover with pink silk fuchsia bow. The cocktail tables will have black table cloth, fuschia napkins, chairs won't have anything.
Favors will be the Dark Chocolate Cinderella Coach…love them!! We want to see if we can get our names and wedding date on the ribbon that goes around it though.
As of now our dessert party will just be all black linens with a rhinestone votive cup on each table, and the crystal scattered left over from the reception tables that surround our centerpieces.
We are trying to see if Disney will make the exact centerpiece part that we want, but I'm scared it is going to cost a lot…. Hopefully will find out soon.
We want to find ways to enhance our reception and cocktail hour into making it more glamorous, which is the theme of our wedding…red carpet glamour!

We also did our menu and cake tasting. We did sample foods off the pre-set buffet lunch menus and settled with the 'Jaq' menu for the most part. We substituted the chicken for Mahi Mahi with mango chutney. Took out the greek salad and added a create your own salad. We also switched up the cocktail hour, which we aren't set yet on. We want to enhance this a little with displays or ??? something! So we are in the process of discussing that with our planner. Of course I am on this blog looking for ideas. Also thinking of adding a pasta station or pasta dish to the buffet since we are italian!

So excited to hear about your planning session. Glad that you were pretty happy with the way everything went.

I think the setup you described sounds really pretty...can't wait to see pictures of the "finished" product!

Brooke

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! You must be super excited that it's right around the corner :) What exactly is a crystal ceremony? In my mind it's like a sand ceremony, but without sand. All of your colors and plans so far sound very pretty!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter